Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

39081 - 39100 of 41444 Posts

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
So whats for B-Day dinner playboy?
Hoping you get a lot of your favorites whatever those favorites are>:)
ECIN said we can end a sentence with are.....so there.
Thks LDi - appreciate the best wishes & music selection...:x
- its all about Beau tonight :grin2:

Mrs67 is headed out, to get Tim Horton's ...Apple Fritter, for tonight's ball game.
- our Toronto Blue Jays are only 2 games, out of the 2nd place Wild Card playoff position :2smile:
- the young MLB team, had a decent rebuild year, considering only 2 of the 5 starting pitchers, are decent (right now) / and others injured

Tonight Supper
- Chicken Strips of breaded breast meat, I like to dip in real Bee Hive local Honey
- and side order complement, is home fries...made in-house, to perfection

Speaking of real Blue Jays - this week, have 4 piggy new birds, sticking around to eat wild bird seed & sunflower seeds...routinely now, shyness dwindling.
- and going through a Apple Sauce plastic Jar, of shelled peanuts...the fancy treats, no one can resist here
- so pleasant, to watch / first to arrive, in morning
- and my loud 2 finger whistle, starting to bring them in...at PeaNut feeding time

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Random wonder for the day.

I wonder if Aunt B has ever gotten sent to the WS?

:nerd:
I don't think so--I thought for a long time you were the only one who EVER got sent to the WS. But then I saw a couple of posts that got a couple of the guys repremanded and sent straight to the WS (do not pass go, do not collect anything except the jersey marked PRISON!!)

Joey's going north for four days of shows starting tomorrow. I made his breeder promise to buy a catalog so I can see who is show what after the long break because of the COVID-19 intermission. Because of the high numbers of cases and deaths in Washington State no one in Washington nor Oregon really didn't want to do any shows that weren't outside. So these are outside in Washington and of course we now have the much longed for rain--and probably will have it for the next 4 days. Dobermans are often pills in the rain--they often act as if they expect to melt in the rain.

Joey's not as bad as some of my long gone dogs but he definitely has his moments and he missed his chance to get used to stuff because the virus came along just as he was going to his first two shows in 6 to 9 month puppy.

He lost in his first class to a puppy (somewhat older) who got the points but a couple of weeks later he went to another show and did go Winners Dog and Best of Winners for 2 point (just one dog short for a three point major) but considering he was only about 6.5 months old we were all pretty happy.

It'll be interesting to see comes out to show--I'd guess that we'll have all of the promising puppies showing up and Joey is now in 12 to 18 months which can be a tough class--he's 13 months--still very much a puppy and there'll be dogs in that class who at 18 months look very mature.

Dog shows--you can come home walking on clouds with an unexpected win or entirely bummed out because the judge didn't even look at your darling dog.

Later group...

Bug and the sleeping trio--Joey, Clark and Leon--all very much dead to the world.

·
Registered
11,890 Posts

·
Premium Member
Mocha
3,611 Posts
SP - story time / tells us, how much fun, your "plunk'er" rifle is.

Now that you have some months, under your belt.
I'm still waiting for one picture from her new camera.

We may be seeing a trend here :wink2:

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
I'm still waiting for one picture from her new camera.

We may be seeing a trend here :wink2:
Exactly TN - did I miss SP posting her new John Deere, in my critical absence?
- hugging the old one, with the cracked hood...getting old :x
- maybe she lost her edge :2surprise:

- you would be proud of Beau's regular Blue Jays.
- view them routinely, out the front window
- the bird seed piles, are on the paved driveway / behind Mrs67's Toyota RAV4
- so nice and close to front window, and Kelly viewing area, from the leather sectional
- and I'm teaching them, Larry's sharp whistle sound...is our Peanut feeding time

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
This is what my son did while I was walking Hairy today, challah with a honey glaze.

I'm waiting for it to cool down, with difficulty. :2smile:
:wish:

:emo2: Beau's BirthDay treat ^^ and he in Canada...so very far away.
- so Ma is rotten, to the core :x:wink2: teasing me like that, tonight
- of all days / and NO share
- 10 lashes, in the WS...should be fair enough :knight: punishment

SP - MEL will have to give you the WS keys...new Deputy-dog MOD promotion.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,130 Posts
Postage to Canada is just too expensive. You'll have to come here….except it will be all gone by then. :crying:

This is the best I can do:

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
Postage to Canada is just too expensive. You'll have to come here….except it will be all gone by then. :crying:

This is the best I can do:
Payment in full Mel - and that's for the funny & best B-Day wishes.

Your son sure did a bang up job, on the bread roll tonight.
- dame, that making me hungry hung'ie

Boarder still closed...do you spread, some butter on it ?
- I never had one

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,130 Posts
It's a rather sweet bread—not like a cinnamon roll or anything, but definitely sweeter and richer than typical bread, with a sort of stretchy, soft inside. It is made of several rolls of dough, braided together in various shapes, baked and glazed. You can put raisins or sesame seeds in it, or even things like a layer of chocolate.

I eat it either plain or with butter, because I am one of those who likes bread on my butter (order of words purposeful)

The kids like it plain.

And warm. :2smile:

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Aunt B.

Please tell me more about loaners and how that works.

When you and the trio wake up, of course.

:2smile:
How borrowing a puppy when you've run out of dogs works?

The cat who was attached to the last of the dogs was missing the Doberman as much as I was? I went to a local performance show with a friend who was showing a couple of dogs in Rally and Obedience. The show also held a 'baby puppy" class (puppies 4 to 6 months.)

A breeder I barely knew at the time was showing a handsome little male who did very well I got to talking to her. She told me that her two bitches were getting fights over the puppy--I told her if she needed send him out for awhile so the bitches would stop arguing about who was the real mother she could send him to me.

The next day she called me and asked if I was serious. I said yes and borrowed the puppy. Made both me and the cat very happy. Cost the puppy several little scars on his nose until the cats taught how to behave with cats.

Next question?

ABTLH

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
This is what my son did while I was walking Hairy today, challah with a honey glaze.

I'm waiting for it to cool down, with difficulty. :2smile:
YUM! That sure looks good Mel. I'm another fan a warm bread with lots of butter.

And yes, I really am up at this hour because I woke up even earlier and couldn't get back to sleep (highly unusual for me) So I've been poking around in the computer looking at dog show results and what not and now I'm going to have to go and settle for some toasted (slightly stale) English muffins--but with enough butter they'll do until something better comes along.

ABTLH

39081 - 39100 of 41444 Posts