Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

39041 - 39060 of 41315 Posts

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,886 Posts
Good to see you back on 6-7 ! So how have you been ? Snowing up there yet ? :grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2:

Forget this yesterday ! Happy Fall !!!!

AND - Good morning

Good morning all and welcome back Beau! :2smile:

I knew your bait post would draw you out (plus SP email prodding)....
https://www.dobermantalk.com/non-doberman-animal-talk/288225-girls-outside-1559.html#post4152733

Now you've got back reading to do, like Lannie does a lot...

--------------------------------------------------------

Been wonderful weather yesterday 82F and breezy. Only got fringe winds from TS Beta and 1" rain which watered our yard for week. I was hoping for more rain to refill aquifer, which happens when storms come ashore and continue N through TX, not stall and creep along coast. Houston is finally drying out this morning.

Kept my mind occupied by continuing on work projects at home. Completed rework of backyard landscape lighting yesterday. Doing some shed fascia repairs today and some oleander trimming. Eva is a good helper always wanting to go out back "to work" with daddy, but she also loves being inside on her "nest" round Costco dog bed. She don't stick with me hot/cold, thick & thin, like my old working buddy, Spock did!

Local Pet Partners affiliate I belong to is requesting videos/photos of the PP therapy dogs in routine life, playing, tricks, training to compile a montage for their facilities served. I was filtering through my large video archive, sorting out videos without Dobe rough housing, that might be a little to intense for the project! (a.k.a. No Eva snarling at Spock or biting faces videos)

Came across this short video that's been posted before. It was shot one year ago on a cool, foggy Sept morning, out at the breakfast club. Watching it always gave me a good feeling and now, wonderful memories. :2smile:

Breakfast Club on Foggy Sept Morning (2019)

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
Good to see you back on 6-7 ! So how have you been ? Snowing up there yet ? :grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2:

Forget this yesterday ! Happy Fall !!!!

AND - Good morning
Hi Ken - weather pretty decent up here, and not much rain...this Sept.

Back on the BeauBear place - we put up, 19 Fence posts & a bunch of property grading on the field side.
- all 4.5x4.5" White Oak, super strong / for a 6 ft and 7 ft. privacy section
- new cedar, next Spring

----------------------------------------

Announcement - Beau's BIRTHDAY today...64 years young :candle:
- for the next 16 hours of celebration, Papa is accepting PayPal & E-$$ Transfers
- or better yet, an old fashioned HUG, will be absolutely perfect

----------------------------

On a Personal Note - I owe my dear C-H friends here, some mini-explanation.
- it troubles & saddens me tremendously, to see our adult son grow extremely distant (of late), from his Loving parents / saw this coming, last year
- he no longer needs or wants Dads valued input (and I've never pointed him wrong)
- want's to make his own discussions & big-boy mistakes (in life)
- unclear what his end game is now (very puzzling) / communications, @ an all time low
...his choice / nothing we ever deserved, (and it plain-old Frig'en Hurts, the soul)
Cheers

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,886 Posts

·
Dobes Dobles +1
3,886 Posts
Hi Ken - weather pretty decent up here, and not much rain...this Sept.

Back on the BeauBear place - we put up, 19 Fence posts & a bunch of property grading on the field side.
- all 4.5x4.5" White Oak, super strong / for a 6 ft and 7 ft. privacy section
- new cedar, next Spring

PICTURES?

Announcement
- Beau's BIRTHDAY today...64 years young :candle:

You're just 3 months ahead of me. In a year we'll both be officially "OG's", which used to be "Old Farts"! (and now I know why the terminology)

- for the next 16 hours of celebration, Papa is accepting PayPal & E-$$ Transfers
- or better yet, an old fashioned HUG, will be perfect

----------------------------

On a Personal Note - I owe my dear C-H friends here, some mini-explanation.
- it troubles & saddens me tremendously, to see our adult son grow very distant (of late), from his Loving parents / saw this coming, last year
- he no longer needs or wants Dads valued input (and I've never pointed him wrong)
- want's to make his own discussions & mistakes (in life)
- unclear what his end game is (very puzzling) / communications, @ an all time low
...his choice / Cheers

Don't fret, Beau, most with children growing up has experienced this, at some point. Our daughter went through similar phases, but we have grown close again in recent years, after she married (and realized everything we taught her was true). You seem to be BabyBeau's biggest fan (after the Cougs) and are obviously very proud of him. After some time, it will work out. :2smile:

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
i might change my mind about the color choice when the door is cut out.
What the hell - have you been doing my little SP ?
- I knew being absent, since around Fathers Day...would have some serious ramifications >:)
- don't tell me, you still stripping wall paper
- Beau not buying it...taking too many naps or something :bangin:

·
Premium Member
13,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,052
Pic 1 is Mister taking down the fake brick.

Pic 2 is the wall where the door is going. Don't judge the sheetrock job just yet. Mister re-did it last night.

Pic 3 is a hidden window we didn't know was there until he yanked the old sheetrock off.

This house is kind of crazy. "They" just left windows when they added on to this place. You can walk into the laundry room and see into the dining room. There is a window that looks out into the mudroom from the guest room. Mister hates the crazy windows and wants to cover them up.

I am weird and like the windows!

Don't mess with my discount!

:|

·
Premium Member
13,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,053
What the hell - have you been doing my little SP ?
- I knew being absent, since around Fathers Day...would have some serious ramifications >:)
- don't tell me, you still stripping wall paper
- Beau not buying it...taking too many naps or something :bangin:
That's what I do!

Get up and watch the stupid news. Take a nap. Wake up in time for The Waltons and westerns. Take a nap. Wake up in time for Big Bang Theory. Might take another nap and then I am up for most of the night.

Went to bed at 2-ish this morning and was back up at 6:30.

Job hunting sucks!

:grin2:

·
Premium Member
13,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,055
Thks SP - should Beau put his Birthday suit on today ? :x

- but don't want to scare, the FM young @ heart :roflmao:
You better ask Mrs Beau if you should put your birthday suit on. She would be the better judge on that!

What the hell!

It's your birthday. Do what you feel you need to do!

>:)

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
You better ask Mrs Beau if you should put your birthday suit on. She would be the better judge on that!

What the hell!

It's your birthday. Do what you feel you need to do!

>:)
HaHa - Beau been using that joke, for the last 20 years...has yet to work. :grin2:

Random wonder for the day.

I wonder if Aunt B has ever gotten sent to the WS?

:nerd:

I really need to get a job!

LMAO

I am going a little bit more "not right" than I was before!
LOL - the GodMother never gets sent to the said WD...she built it.
- and gave the keys, to our MA...handing over the rein of Power

·
Premium Member
7,083 Posts
Happy Birthday Playboy!!!
Glad see see your recent posts.
My heart skipped a beat when i read your posts about baby bear!
My sons have done the same ......42 years old and 34 year old men now.
They know it all now.
I did to at that age.
So many times now at age 62 I catch myself saying ...oh thats what Mom and Dad must have been talking about when they tried to warn me or teach me about something ......
This happens and then they return.

39041 - 39060 of 41315 Posts