Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

38981 - 39000 of 39823 Posts

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,725 Posts
...Play time this morning :grin2:

Liked picture with Kadin telling (well attempting to tell) EG that he's the boss (for now)! I think they'll be great together after the "honeymoon" period wears off. Eva and Spock had some rough moments (vocally) when we adopted her at age 2. They didn't become soulmates (sleeping on top of each other) but played and wrestled daily and were great pack mates for over eight years. :2smile:

-------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, in South TX....

Eva Still Moping Around

Trying Her Best to Fill the Gap

Big Honkin' Paw Print

Spock's "Pee Pee" Bush Nextdoor, Just Now Blooming? :2surprise:
(He peed on this plant at beginning of every walk)

·
Premium Member
8,694 Posts
Poor Eva - When we lost Ali girl - Poor Mr. Business was out of business for a long time . I feel so sorry for you SD - Its so hard , I can not put into words the hurt we all have felt before . I still have a Ali moment now and then :frown3:

Now on the lighter , Boy they mixed it up this morning ! Kadin is the Owl = the wise one , He just let little girl run and run , jump up on him then the tide turned - when I put a end to play time - He was chasing her ! in one of the pictures , she is leaning her head away from him - he had a small nip on her and she was picking up what he was putting down , bug off kid ! :grin2::grin2:

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts

Play time this morning :grin2:

Wow I can't believe how fast she's growing! Time has been getting away from me the last few months...how old is she now?

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
Boy I hate harvest - I missed the Big raid yesterday ! I Was like Aunt Bonnie - so what happened then I thought about yesterday - I tried to call Bug and NO answer ! ! I thought she may be spending the night in the Gray bar hotel ! :grin2:
Ken, you forgot it was Sunday morning and your almost 5:00am was my almost 8:00am and I was on my way to the clinic to feed the kitties and clean up the laundry (I don't know what they do in there on Saturday but they left me lots of laundry-both regular and surgery. And why fully half of the regular laundry was soaking wet is beyond me.) I got even though--they left a bunch of cookies and the bookkeeper and I ate almost all of them.

I just checked the phone Ken, and yup--you did call me. And yup I wasn't home.

I love the pictures of the lil' bad girl--she's going to take that extra weight that I keep worrying about that Kadin is wearing, right off him. Puppies--man they really have boundless energy.

ABTLH

I think I got it backwards and I can't tell anything from the time on my phone set up because I set it wrong years ago and lost the instructions so can't even reset it it now. I think your almost 5:00 am was my 2:00 am and maybe it was the phone ringing that woke me up about that time (but I wake up a lot in the dead of night anyway--one of the cats and I go looking for food--Joey sleeps through all of it.)

Geeze--who calls anyone at 2:00am--never mind I don't want an answer to that...

dobebug

·
Premium Member
12,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #38,994
Ba...ba...be right over!

Baaa...klava for lunch?
:grin2:

This is funny! Again! You've shown it before or somebody has.

I was chuckling while looking and reading.

Mister wanted to know what was so funny.

Told him that you all know, as well as he does, how much I hate goats and he got a laugh out of it too!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
ROTFLMAO--I had to go back and see what on earth I had written. Well, in the name of consistency I'll tell you that it's raiding tonight too.

You know? I actually edit the stuff I write because while I was always a fast typist I wasn't necessarily an accurate typist. Please everyone--substitute RAIN for RAID.

Obviously I also failed editing 101.

But it's very wonderful to have breathable air again--for the last 1/2 hour of daylight you could see blue sky with only a few puffy clouds.

Carry on one and all--no raids here tonight.

ABTLH
LOL Bug. I knew what you meant. Doc has trained us so well on this forum, to decipher, unscramble, scratch your head and guess, haha.

·
Premium Member
8,694 Posts
Bug - We have worked and worked on Kadin's weight issue ! Typhoid tests - several times - not the in house type either , We had him on Hills a year ago and he lost 7 pounds - then on Purina weight management - then we could not get that any more so we put him on Eukanuba weight management program - he put back on 5 pounds he had lost and I'm feeding the minimum amount on that . The Vet and I talked a few weeks ago and we put him back on the hills - he would not touch it . period - it had a very strong smell to it . I called Hills and talked to them - really didn't find anything out from them , so know he's back on the Eukanuba for now - btw - He loves the Eukanuba - its the food he loves the most ! The problems all started when we got him fixed then we had him on a food that the breeder wanted us to use - his weight started up then , then we lost Ali - then it was winter , then the heat this spring - I took him on rides - we stopped by places for his visits , we walked the lane over at the farm - you name it .

I do worry that he is so out of shape he can not handle the little girl with out having a heart attack , I keep there play time short and watch there activity very close . I may talk to his Internal Med Vet ,

Have a good one everybody

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
Dad - Do you still love me ?
That's Mocha's preferred position and look whenever I'm sitting at my computer; I usually sit there and scratch behind her ears while I'm working but she'll just lay there and gaze up at me.

Bug - We have worked and worked on Kadin's weight issue ! Typhoid tests - several times - not the in house type either , We had him on Hills a year ago and he lost 7 pounds - then on Purina weight management - then we could not get that any more so we put him on Eukanuba weight management program - he put back on 5 pounds he had lost and I'm feeding the minimum amount on that . The Vet and I talked a few weeks ago and we put him back on the hills - he would not touch it . period - it had a very strong smell to it . I called Hills and talked to them - really didn't find anything out from them , so know he's back on the Eukanuba for now - btw - He loves the Eukanuba - its the food he loves the most ! The problems all started when we got him fixed then we had him on a food that the breeder wanted us to use - his weight started up then , then we lost Ali - then it was winter , then the heat this spring - I took him on rides - we stopped by places for his visits , we walked the lane over at the farm - you name it .

I do worry that he is so out of shape he can not handle the little girl with out having a heart attack , I keep there play time short and watch there activity very close . I may talk to his Internal Med Vet ,

Have a good one everybody
Not the dreaded typhoid! :grin2::grin2::grin2:
Speaking of food, Mocha's not too crazy about the low copper Rx food, even with a little fish oil sprinkled on top and some green beans. She'll eat it, eventually, but I've seen her take up some of the kibble and spit it back out, then pick it up again. But at least for now, she's eating it.

·
Alpha schmalpha
3,887 Posts
My boy has always been a weird eater. The one thing he has consistently done is take his first mouthful of food and spill it on the floor. I always likened it to how some of your hardcore bikers would spill whiskey to the soil for their fallen brothers. He does the same thing when it comes to a high value treat he spits the first one out but there is always a Daisy underneath to catch that one .The second treat is enjoyed by him. Silly Doberman!

·
Premium Member
12,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #38,999
That's Mocha's preferred position and look whenever I'm sitting at my computer; I usually sit there and scratch behind her ears while I'm working but she'll just lay there and gaze up at me.

Not the dreaded typhoid! :grin2::grin2::grin2:
Speaking of food, Mocha's not too crazy about the low copper Rx food, even with a little fish oil sprinkled on top and some green beans. She'll eat it, eventually, but I've seen her take up some of the kibble and spit it back out, then pick it up again. But at least for now, she's eating it.
I know you probably said this but I most likely wasn't paying attention.

Is the Rx food wet?

Maybe mix some shredded Parmesan cheese in there?

Just a thought.

Axel was a very pill savvy dog. There was no hope for him. When he was on meds I had to shove it down his throat. Can't do that with Mocha's food though.

:|

Lily is a pill spitter-outer too!

Pepper is a black lab. She eats Everything!

:2surprise:

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
24,785 Posts
Hairy is a suspicious sort when it comes to new treats. The vet has tried to give him an extra treat in an attempt to make her place nice for him, I think. She has particularly good treats, and he will politely take what she offers him, and then drop it on the floor.

He's gotten used to me offering him various things, however, and generally, even if it is something he's not had before he will at least give it a small crunch or two before spitting it out.

Heartworm meds are particularly hard to get him to accept. I have to give him the chewy, let him spit it out, then break it into small pieces and feed it to him a little at a time. And even then he doesn't like it much. It must have an off flavor or something.

38981 - 39000 of 39823 Posts