Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

38841 - 38860 of 39920 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #38,841
I can be a inconsiderate a$$hole at times but people who care about me will call me out when i do so i do not totally fall off the ledge...sorry
I have been Keyed Up for sometime now and its hard for me to keep it light so its best i stay away or i could be sent beyond the the woodshed>:)0:)
on other notes...
I have come to terms with my relationship with the rooster! I am keeping him since i know where i can go for a fight. Some reason going in to the pen and tangling with him makes me feel good:2surprise:He got me good from behind this afternoon , i will give him today!:|
LMAO

I am trying to keep it clean here.

LOL

Where did he flog you?

Nosy minds want to know!

0:)

And, how did you feel about the flogging?

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
Happy Friday to everybody ! So whats everybody doing this weekend ? Looks like we may start harvest OR we will be very close to it . Put in a I-pad mount in the combine yesterday . Thought I could do a few facetimes live from the combine to give some of you a real time look at harvest , LDi is first on the list :grin2: Any of you others that have facetime and want to chat while we are harvesting , let me know :grin2:

Boy it cooled off here ! 20% chance of rain ? maybe tomorrow then dry for the next 7 days . Believe this or not , but this will be close to bring out red flag warnings for wild and field fires , as the corn and beans dry down - fire is a biggy around here .

A special shout out to Aunt Bug ! Thanks for sending your smoke all the way to me ! That was so thoughtful of you ! Share the love I guess ! several neighbors and I did smell a very faint smoke smell the other night , could it be from the wild fires ? news said it could be .

Well better get - both critters fed - both taken a nap , little girl has a long ways to go on her manners - lol she is going to take some time to get her on the strainght and narrow , but what a dog she is - it just takes time , like you all know .

MC - Any Nose work this weekend ?

Cindy is showing in FLA this weekend - LDI ?? Is it in Tampa ? maybe ?

Stay safe and don't forget to wash your hands .

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,734 Posts
[Originally Posted by alan j.] ...I have come to terms with my relationship with the rooster! I am keeping him since i know where i can go for a fight. Some reason going in to the pen and tangling with him makes me feel good He got me good from behind this afternoon , i will give him today!

LMAO

I am trying to keep it clean here.

LOL

Where did he flog you?

Nosy minds want to know!

And, how did you feel about the flogging?

SP, you should be working for mainstream media! That's how "fake news" is generated, taking things out of context or just showing last 30 seconds of a 5 minute bodycam video.... :2surprise:

(Ahhh.....Getting back to commenting on SP's bait posts makes me feel better- part of recovery process, I suppose?) :2smile:

·
Registered
9,459 Posts
Happy Friday to everybody ! So whats everybody doing this weekend ? Looks like we may start harvest OR we will be very close to it . Put in a I-pad mount in the combine yesterday . Thought I could do a few facetimes live from the combine to give some of you a real time look at harvest , LDi is first on the list :grin2: Any of you others that have facetime and want to chat while we are harvesting , let me know :grin2:

Boy it cooled off here ! 20% chance of rain ? maybe tomorrow then dry for the next 7 days . Believe this or not , but this will be close to bring out red flag warnings for wild and field fires , as the corn and beans dry down - fire is a biggy around here .

A special shout out to Aunt Bug ! Thanks for sending your smoke all the way to me ! That was so thoughtful of you ! Share the love I guess ! several neighbors and I did smell a very faint smoke smell the other night , could it be from the wild fires ? news said it could be .

Well better get - both critters fed - both taken a nap , little girl has a long ways to go on her manners - lol she is going to take some time to get her on the strainght and narrow , but what a dog she is - it just takes time , like you all know .

MC - Any Nose work this weekend ?

Cindy is showing in FLA this weekend - LDI ?? Is it in Tampa ? maybe ?

Stay safe and don't forget to wash your hands .
Happy Friday? Man, Kenny, between you and Denny (there's another one but can't remember who--LaDi maybe?) and the off days of the week are guaranteed to keep me completely confused.

No such luck as face time with me, Ken. Or at least I don't think so (someone recently told me I DO that capability--could be but the Luddite don't know how to use it which is on par with not having it--right?) You can keep talking to me while your are driving down the road to here and there.

We got that major drop in temperature as soon as our own wild fires got added to the smoke being produced by those in California. Temperatures have been running from low 70's to mid 60's for over a week now.

By the way, Ken, I liked your picture of the sun plus smoke--but you haven't reached the point when the sun looks like a penny--that's pretty amazing.

No need to thank me for all that damned smoke--that's complements of Ma' Nature and climate change (starts to look much less like lies from the scientific community with air and water temperature and ferocity of hurricane spawned in the Atlantic (actually and in the Pacific) the weird alternating wet and dry periods in the grain belt of the US of A.

That smoke is definitely from both us as well as California--what Coloradoi (sorry Mel) is getting the weather pundits say is all from Califoria both southern and northern.

After studying the various fires and how active they were in Clackamas county my evacuee made two trips back to her house (I can't imagine how the heck she got all the stuff into her van when she came and neither could she) and I'm back to two cats, Joey the loaner and me.

Next week Joey abandons me to go to the delayed Enumclaw All Breed shows (Specialties have remained cancelled and we hope will be held in the spring along with the normal spring Specialties. We'll see how that goes. We (his breeder/owner and I, who borrowed him) think he's looking pretty good but, what do we know--obviously we are predjudiced.

ABTLH

PS The Vote By Mail controversy is back in the news--this announcer is talking about how to vote by mail without using the USPS--it makes me laugh--Oregon, was a very early state to implement vote by mail and from the beginning there were lots of places you could drop off your ballot--including, in Portland, any of the local libraries. I've never mailed in a ballot--I'm just blocks from a library and on my way to the vet clinic I'm within blocks of a couple more--so the library handles mine and have never failed me yet.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
24,810 Posts
Mail-in has me very worried. Colorado has mail-in balloting, but they did a lot of planning and testing before fully implementing it. So many of the states are talking of ramping it up to mass mailings and getting all of the glitches worked out in less than 2 months?

We're in for a mess.

·
Registered
9,459 Posts
Mail-in has me very worried. Colorado has mail-in balloting, but they did a lot of planning and testing before fully implementing it. So many of the states are talking of ramping it up to mass mailings and getting all of the glitches worked out in just a couple of months?

We're in for a mess.
That's the big problem I see, Mel.

Oregon I think was first state offer mail in voting (not just absentee voting and ask for a ballot so you can send that in.) And the state has worked their way through some of the problems (most of them I think) and now it pretty much rolls along like clockwork.

Wish more of the states now wanting to do vote by mail had done all the preliminary prep but most are trying to skip some of the steps along the way.

Frankly since vote by mail started in Oregon I've never actually voted by mail--I drop my ballot into a sealed box at my local library and they deliver it to the central voting place. I think in the last two weeks they drive the boxes down daily and list a cut off date (last day of voting) after which you need to take it to the central location.

ABTLH

·
Super Moderator
21,124 Posts
Mail-in has me very worried. Colorado has mail-in balloting, but they did a lot of planning and testing before fully implementing it. So many of the states are talking of ramping it up to mass mailings and getting all of the glitches worked out in less than 2 months?

We're in for a mess.
That's the big problem I see, Mel.

Oregon I think was first state offer mail in voting (not just absentee voting and ask for a ballot so you can send that in.) And the state has worked their way through some of the problems (most of them I think) and now it pretty much rolls along like clockwork.

Wish more of the states now wanting to do vote by mail had done all the preliminary prep but most are trying to skip some of the steps along the way.

Frankly since vote by mail started in Oregon I've never actually voted by mail--I drop my ballot into a sealed box at my local library and they deliver it to the central voting place. I think in the last two weeks they drive the boxes down daily and list a cut off date (last day of voting) after which you need to take it to the central location.

ABTLH
I also think there are huge issues with mail in voting in a lot of states. The states that allow drop-off voting (like Bug describes) are a MUCH better route to go. Minnesota allows that and I really really encourage people to do drop-off voting if they do not want to vote in person.

My precinct is incredibly empty every time I vote - like, 2 other people. In a huge space. So I haven't really been worried about in-person voting. While I totally understand the difficulty and risk of "staffing" it...it has to be staffed regardless. Voting MUST take place - it's the law, and part of democracy. So, at this point I'm planning to vote in person.

·
Premium Member
12,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #38,851

We're in for a mess.
That ain't no lie!

Doesn't matter which way it goes it's going to be a mess.

We probably won't know who the President is until January.

The virus will suddenly disappear too!

I had a rough morning. I can't believe I got three errands ran in the city in less than two hours! And, that is why I take the back roads!

Exchanged the broken air soft, got my paint samples and hit the grocery store!

Crap! Now I've got to wash dishes.

A kept girlfriend's job is never done around here!

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Quote from Ecin and then Bug:
Happy Friday? Man, Kenny, between you and Denny (there's another one but can't remember who--LaDi maybe?) and the off days of the week are guaranteed to keep me completely confused.

Doc likes playing with our mind. He does it for kicks. Sometimes if I read DT first in the morning, I tend to just flow with whatever, and then end up confusing everyone else in my family.

·
Premium Member
6,782 Posts
Quote from Ecin and then Bug:

Doc likes playing with our mind. He does it for kicks. Sometimes if I read DT first in the morning, I tend to just flow with whatever, and then end up confusing everyone else in my family.
Now thats funny!

38841 - 38860 of 39920 Posts