Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

38661 - 38680 of 39835 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
I seen this last night on the news - Those Cal-Fire Pansies need to remember that these are just not ordinary pilots ! There Military , they train and train and train to go into hot spots to drop off the good guys or pick them up , sometimes they are wounded and they have to get them out ! This was nothing for these guys other than a training exercise .

We have a National Guard Chopper base near Shelbyville - its cool to watch them guys training out here in the sticks .

Hats off for the good guys and going in after them campers

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
I'm happy to report that "Operation Green Beans" was a success :groupwave:

At first it looked like it was going to fail, I took one lonely bean out of the can and tried to give it to her and she sniffed it and looked at me like "you think I'm going to eat THAT?" But then I took another one out and ate it, which got her attention because you know, if people eat it, it must be good. I put about 1/3 of a cup on top of her food and she dug right in :2smile:

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
LOL TN ! So was I was right ? the one bean you ate was like eating grass = tasteless ? LOL

Well I'm glad she ate it !

You did feed NO Salt --- right ?

Kadin got some tonight and thought he was in heaven - lol
Just to show you that you're not the only one that's not quite right, I actually like green beans, salted or not :2smile:

And yeah, we got the ones with no salt added.

And I have to ask...how do you know what grass tastes like???
:grin2::grin2::grin2:

·
Big Lil pup
6,115 Posts
Yellowstone in '88 was pretty bad, but at least it wasn't in a thickly populated area.

I was in Yellowstone during the "88 fire. Actually, West Yellowstone which is the West entrance to the Park. The air quality in Portland right now is easily as poor, if not worse.

I just saw a news report stating that Portland and San Francisco currently have the 3rd and 4th worst air quality of any city in the world.

Poor Portland... First the homeless invasion, then Covid, then 100+ and counting days/nights of violent protests and riots. Now this.

We used to have a really nice city. Oh well....

STJ.

BTW, We had widespread power outages and a lot of damage due to very high sustained winds. Fortunately, except for burning through an incredible number of candles, our family escaped unscathed!

·
Registered
9,453 Posts
Yellowstone in '88 was pretty bad, but at least it wasn't in a thickly populated area.

I was in Yellowstone during the "88 fire. Actually, West Yellowstone which is the West entrance to the Park. The air quality in Portland right now is easily as poor, if not worse.

I just saw a news report stating that Portland and San Francisco currently have the 3rd and 4th worst air quality of any city in the world.

Poor Portland... First the homeless invasion, then Covid, then 100+ and counting days/nights of violent protests and riots. Now this.

We used to have a really nice city. Oh well....

STJ.

BTW, We had widespread power outages and a lot of damage due to very high sustained winds. Fortunately, except for burning through an incredible number of candles, our family escaped unscathed!
HERE! This is the brighter note (along with the rescue of campers by the "can do, boys from the military".)

What's tomorrow? September 12 you say? Guess what! it's McCoy's 6th birthday. Are you having a party for him? You should John, after all I did find the bright spot in all of this saddening chaos.

Happy Birthday McCoy and many, many more...from your great grandmother--dobebug.

ABTLH

·
Big Lil pup
6,115 Posts
HERE! This is the brighter note (along with the rescue of campers by the "can do, boys from the military".)

What's tomorrow? September 12 you say? Guess what! it's McCoy's 6th birthday. Are you having a party for him? You should John, after all I did find the bright spot in all of this saddening chaos.

Happy Birthday McCoy and many, many more...from your great grandmother--dobebug.

ABTLH
Wow bug... You remembered! Yeah McCoy will be 6 yo. Unfortunately for him, his day will be overshadowed by another, as my oldest grandson, Gabriel, and McCoy share the same birthday. So, it's off to the Enchanted Forest with Gabriel. (Fires permitting.) Then, on to our friend's restaurant for an early outdoor birthday dinner. Then back to our house, where the little pain in the a$$ will spend the night with the other birthday boy up in their room. Yes... They share a room over here. Always have!

Oh... BTW... September 12th is Saturday not tomorrow. Yeah, I know. The days/dates all run together during these wonderful times. LOL

STJ!

·
Premium Member
12,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #38,669
LMAO Mel ! I'm pretty sure I know what it is - But I'm to tried to have to walk to the wood shed - :grin2::grin2:
LMAO

Ma? Was he too tired to walk to the WS or did he try to walk to the WS?

I am confused.

Kicked Mister's arse at Rummy and then he went to bed.

:|

He's on vacation, supposedly.

Dragging him out in the morning to return the air soft rifle which was inoperative and maybe take him to IHOP. Then we need to go pick out paint at HD or Lowes. He doesn't know we are picking out paint tomorrow. I gave him a huge hint. Asked him to bring me his color chart.

:grin2:

·
Premium Member
12,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #38,670
Just to show you that you're not the only one that's not quite right, I actually like green beans, salted or not :2smile:

Maybe a horse planted him? And he got the taste of dirt, too?

$hit happens.

·
Premium Member
12,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #38,673

I like French cut green beans with bacon and onions with a dash of vinegar. Of course, salt and pepper is in the mix.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
24,792 Posts
I plump for lemon juice and butter with whole fresh green beans; it will also perk up whole frozen beans if you can't get fresh ones. Though bacon and onions are a decent southern way to cook green beans, they tend to cook them til smushy.

French cut just never did much for me.

i like three bean salad with red onion and canned green, kidney and wax beans (I'm not terribly fond of garbanzos); it is about the only way I like canned beans.

Lima beans (getting way off topic here) with lots of butter (enough to take away the dry texture) and black pepper.

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts

It has to do with mowing side ditchs along the roads TN - That grass , this time of year just floats around and around - Hard on contacts to !

I like green beans to , and have ate the NO salts one time after I added salt to them lol

We make green bean bundles sometimes and boy they are good ! Wrap up 6 or 7 long cut beans with bacon !

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
Good morning everybody ! Time to get up and great the day with open arms ! ???????????

Oh boy - Now I'm sounding like LDi first thing in the morning ! :frown3::frown3::frown3:

TN - Our weather chick is saying lows in the 50's and highs in the mid to high 70 at the beginning of the week - you getting that to ?

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Good morning to all.
Happy Friday!
Yep, its really Friday.
For something different I decided that for today I plan to tell the truth about all things.
Truth can be boring but thought I would try it just for a day.
So glad to hear Kadin got some last night, its gonna be a great day !
So went for a walk, then rode my trike, then did my stretches, then shower, then had some cereal.
See what I mean about this truth thing......oh well I made a promise to myself so I will continue with......truth.

Hey I have an anniversary coming up , anyone want to try and guess what it is ?

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
Good morning to all.
Happy Friday!
Yep, its really Friday.
For something different I decided that for today I plan to tell the truth about all things.
Truth can be boring but thought I would try it just for a day.
So glad to hear Kadin got some last night, its gonna be a great day !
So went for a walk, then rode my trike, then did my stretches, then shower, then had some cereal.
See what I mean about this truth thing......oh well I made a promise to myself so I will continue with......truth.

Hey I have an anniversary coming up , anyone want to try and guess what it is ?
I sure wish you had not made that stupid promise to tell the truth ! :frown3:

Well what could it be ? Ok , I know , you haven’t smoked any weed for 10 minutes :grin2:

·
Premium Member
12,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #38,679 (Edited)
I sure wish you had not made that stupid promise to tell the truth ! :frown3:

Well what could it be ? Ok , I know , you haven’t smoked any weed for 10 minutes :grin2:
To call it "weed" is demeaning to medicinal pot!

Who smokes weeds?

>:)

So!

Good Morning All!

And don't forget the cow hide is tan and white. Wanted a color that would make the hide pop!

One step closer to getting my office painted. Mister brought in his color chart. Then he left to go get some cigs.

:2surprise:

He's off the hook for running to HD for paint. It's raining and chilly this morning. Gave me an excuse to use my FAV propane wall heater.

:grin2:

He didn't even make a comment when he came back and asked if I had picked a color yet.

Yeah right! His color chart only has about 10,000 colors to pick from.

:nerd:

Anybody want to help?

Let's recap. One wall has an off white paneling. The wall across from the paneling has the wall heater on it with a strip of fake brick. I guess to mimic chimney. I was going to use the wall with the heater as an accent wall and paint the the side walls a contrasting color.

Come on decorating gurus!

Need your help!

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,726 Posts
...Anybody want to help?

Let's recap. One wall has an off white paneling. The wall across from the paneling has the wall heater on it with a strip of fake brick. I guess to mimic chimney. I was going to use the wall with the heater as an accent wall and paint the the side walls a contrasting color.

Come on decorating gurus!

Need your help!

:2surprise:

Better send a callout to AWOL Moe, as he was last CT member to be heavy into color charts and all that stuff.... :2smile:

38661 - 38680 of 39835 Posts