Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

37361 - 37380 of 40170 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #37,361 (Edited)
She fears that if leaving the truck running someone(?) could jump in and take off with her truck>:)

little inspiration:x
Nobody is going to steal her truck. Unless it's a carjacker.

A carjacker would exit and run for the hills, these days! "OMG, it's a stick shift"!

Mama Tika doesn't have to worry about ME stealing it. It's a Ford and her goats climb all over it.

:2surprise:

Thanks for the inspiration, AJ. You know I just said today, that I can't rollerskate, right?

·
Premium Member
12,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #37,363
To answer your question -- -- OH sweet Denny - my guess is that the emergency brake is broke and she has to kill the truck so she leave's it in gear t keep it from rolling off .
Well? You successfully got me all riled up.

That sounds like an inexpensive fix to me. How's about just fixing the problem? Maybe she needs to carry a couple of chocks in the truck?

If they were better neighbors we would gladly assist with a brake job.

It's much more entertaining to watch her just HAVE to get out and open her own gate.

:vacat:

See? That didn't hurt so bad, now did it?

>:)

·
Premium Member
12,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #37,364
To answer your question -- -- OH sweet Denny - my guess is that the emergency brake is broke and she has to kill the truck so she leave's it in gear t keep it from rolling off .
Why doesn't she just stop it in one of the ginormous potholes in their driveway? Truck ain't gonna go no where.

And, that is one of my smart A$$ answers for the day.

0:)

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Back at the house now , Finally got the shuttle returned - been trying to get that job done for 3 weeks ! Now I can get my bill settled . Had a great talk with my ear Mentor all the way down and back ( 36 miles ) , what a book of knowledge ! Thank you Mentor :grin2:

When I did get back to the farm it is pouring ---- again , so come home to get little girl out of jail - she got sent up the river for felony Shark Biting ! Going to let her out on good behavior and se how that works out :grin2:
You're welcome...

My pleasure!

The mentor (aka ABTLH)

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
That's a very restful picture, SD. The manufacturer's name stands out clearly there—maybe Kirkland would be interested in using it in an ad campaign for their beds. :grin2:
I notice that too Mel--Kirkland is Costco's house brand--and I've been recommending their dog beds for practically as long as I've been on DT/CT.

After reading all of the modifications potato salad here including what kind of Mayonnaise is recomended( or Salad Dressing if you prefer that) I can only say that Dukes must be a east coast brand I've never even heard of it. Personally I use Best Foods (known in the east as Hellmans--and yes, that's what we bought and used the 6 months I spent in Vermont) And now since I have a bunch of hard boiled eggs just waiting to be turned into egg salad sammiches I'm gonna' go do that...ya'll made me hungry.

ABTLH
'

·
Premium Member
6,842 Posts
Come on Ma!

I want to be in the office. So I can be in everyone's business.

>:)

Oops! I meant.

0:)

Or it could be.

:2surprise:
You appear to be tending to everyone’s business perfectly at home.
Now if there was just a way to get paid 20 bucks and hour doing what you do.......

Oh did I ever share with you I used to be a professional roller skater! Yep traveled all over the world doing shows and everything.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I notice that too Mel--Kirkland is Costco's house brand--and I've been recommending their dog beds for practically as long as I've been on DT/CT.

After reading all of the modifications potato salad here including what kind of Mayonnaise is recomended( or Salad Dressing if you prefer that) I can only say that Dukes must be a east coast brand I've never even heard of it. Personally I use Best Foods (known in the east as Hellmans--and yes, that's what we bought and used the 6 months I spent in Vermont) And now since I have a bunch of hard boiled eggs just waiting to be turned into egg salad sammiches I'm gonna' go do that...ya'll made me hungry.

ABTLH
'
Duke's was made by a woman in Greenville, SC - Here is a link to the story: https://www.southernliving.com/dukes-mayo-southern-food

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,768 Posts

16. This type of storm has a volatile past reputation, but some believe that due to urban legend, instead of reality. Storm is a sleeper, remaining hidden offshore, floating in the serene tropical regions. Then very early in the morning, makes landfall, when all inhabitants are still asleep. Storm then increases dramatically, and relentlessly, as if striving for attention. As suddenly as the storm arrives, it leaves, as people return to normal in aftermath.

...Oh did I ever share with you I used to be a professional roller skater! Yep traveled all over the world doing shows and everything.

Yuup....#16..... :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
24,880 Posts
I ain't going for a driver position.

I want to be in the office. So I can be in everyone's business.
Now where is the home office for this place??? I want to phone in an anonymous tip. >:)

Personally I use Best Foods (known in the east as Hellmans--and yes, that's what we bought and used the 6 months I spent in Vermont) And now since I have a bunch of hard boiled eggs just waiting to be turned into egg salad sammiches I'm gonna' go do that...ya'll made me hungry.

ABTLH
'
Weird about the mayonnaise—we can get both in the stores here. So I looked it up—it's one of those people swear by the brand they're used to in spite of them being the same thing. Some can't tell them apart. Others say they taste different. Maybe it's a difference in the eggs they use. If they even use eggs in the commercial stuff.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hellmanns-vs-best-foods-mayo_n_1263492

·
Premium Member
12,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #37,380

ABTLH
'
Glad we could be of help, Aunt B!

:grin2:

37361 - 37380 of 40170 Posts