Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

37341 - 37360 of 41526 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts

I'll have to agree with SP, it's a tough, plus sensitive task, to match storms.

A practice in metaphor skills, I see...

Can I add a few extra storms types to the list (maybe easier to match)?
:2smile:

13. Doesn't makes landfall until wee hours of morning, packs an unexpected wallop. Every piece of exterior trim not fastened exactly right is ripped away. Sometimes houses are leveled, forcing inhabitants to seek shelter into a woodshed, of all places? The eye of storm is very calm and pleasant, however.

14. Builds up out of the blue, seems to always arrive at mealtimes and lingers unusually long. Any building code violations, like doubled-up shingle installations, will most certainly result in bad property damage.

15. Hurricane experts unable to predict, could hit many different swaths of the country. Threatens to forcibly relocate animals, vehicles and even fill pools with lots of wind debris and uninvited creatures from flooding. Decimates domestic goat population.

16. This type of storm has a volatile past reputation, but some believe that due to urban legend, instead of reality. Storm is a sleeper, remaining hidden offshore, floating in the serene tropical regions. Then very early in the morning, makes landfall, when all inhabitants are still asleep. Storm then increases dramatically, and relentlessly, as if striving for attention. As suddenly as the storm arrives, it leaves, as people return to normal in aftermath.

I will take ownership of # 8 please.
Thanks in advance!:blah_2_many2new:

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,907 Posts
Good morning everyone.
Just caught up on all the posts IMO Spock is the best weatherman ever,
All those years on the ocean it appears he is very good at predictions.
He is just wonderful.
Right Roosters, isn’t he wonderful?
Yep.

You're practicing your sarcasm, right? :grin2:

I'll take number 3 - LOL

I dunno, Ken, I'd probably match you with #2.

I'm sure Mel has her master list guarded tighter than the original Coca Cola recipe... :2smile:

https://www.worldofcoca-cola.com/media-alert/coca-cola-moves-its-secret-formula/

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
You're practicing your sarcasm, right? :grin2:

I dunno, Ken, I'd probably match you with #2.

I'm sure Mel has her master list guarded tighter than the original Coca Cola recipe... :2smile:

https://www.worldofcoca-cola.com/media-alert/coca-cola-moves-its-secret-formula/

Actually I do think you are very smart and scientific.
Heck the ocean is such a Powerful force if I was out there floating around like you used to do it would pay to look ahead on weather conditions for sure.
And yes I really do think you are wonderful.
Now getting the other roosters to agree with me.......now thats me having some fun!
Sending hot and humid salutations.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Don't forget the paprika!

Mister might eat it if it didn't have pickles, pimento and diced celery in it.

I would eat it though!

I am still trying to figure out what is wrong with him.

:nerd:
That's kinda close to the way I make mine. I like to add plenty of eggs though, some go into the potato salad, the rest get sliced and get put on top
Sweet pickle relish
diced onion (Vidalia, if I can get them)
salt and pepper (you can never add enough black pepper :wink2: )
a hint of mustard
Miracle Whip (The horror, I can hear the groans now)
Paprika gets sprinkled on top

I need to try the Duke's mayo, I've had a few people swear by it now.

Yep paprika is good - However, she usually doesn't add it to the potato salad. Especially this last meal as the ribs had a mixture of sweet and spicy paprika for the rub.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,149 Posts
I like your additions, SD. Perhaps a little obvious—they seem to be shaped perfectly to a few of us. >:) Hurricanes are a good metaphor for all of us—erratic and unpredictable,

I believe I am #6:

#6. Goes around in circles, and fizzles out without ever making landfall

I wander around, end up out at sea without having accomplished much other than make noise.

Actually, now that I think of it, that one matches the general behavior of the CT.

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,907 Posts
Eva made it around block (2) days in a row! :2smile:
She gets inspired when the whole pack walks in a group and is motivated in the recent cooler (74F) early morning weather.

I have also been walking with several familiar and regular dog walking teams to help our Dobes and little Lanah become more dog friendly, which they are doing excellent at! (Lanah is biggest challenge, being part Chihuahua)

There's a tiny, tiny kitten on circle around block that resident had rescued from middle of highway, some months ago. No fear of dogs. This true street cat comes out halfway across road, toward Spock and myself, then makes itself look big, apparently warning the big lug to stay away from her property! Spock doesn't act bad, keeps walking. Actually, I think he's a bit freaked by this pip squeak feline! I'll try to get a video of this next time we encounter this kitty.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

We humans are somewhat unpredictable, but our Dobes like routine...:2smile:

Spock Recharging At Night Before His "Sleepy, Sleep" Time
(caught in light reflecting off a wall mirror)

·
Premium Member
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #37,357
Good Day Peeps!

Hope everyone has a quality day!

Same old crap here.

I got my job alerts for the day.

Let's see.

Pilot Flying J (truck stop) as a cashier.

Door Dash/Grub Hub/Postmates would love to hire me! How is that going to be beneficial to me with a V8 engine?

Sonic is trying to recruit me. I can't roller skate so that one is definitely out!

Other than that? Nothing going on around here.

Oh! There is one more thing!

I heard Mama Tika start her rattle trap up this morning. When I hear her truck I just have to get up and go the check the camera to see what's going on.

She ACTUALLY opened her own gate by herself! Twice! Once on the way out and then again on the way in!

What cracks me up is she's got to shut her truck down and restart it to accomplish these tasks. What could be wrong with her truck that she can't just leave it in neutral and set the parking brake. Less wear and tear on her POS, I would think.

What could be the problemo Gearheads?

·
Premium Member
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #37,358
Wow!

A potential employer interview request just came in. This is my third knock on their door. How many times do you need to see my resume come across your desk before you hire me?

This is frustrating. I am still waiting for something, anything, from FedEx after two interviews.

Argh!

37341 - 37360 of 41526 Posts