Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

37301 - 37320 of 39865 Posts

·
Registered
11,859 Posts
Hippie Brownies are my best but in all my years I have learned that cookies seem to last longer than brownies.
Hey maybe I will send all of you cookies this year for Christmas I guarantee you that mine will not make you ill.
Spin yes, ill NO!!!!Ba ha ha ha
LDi - Legal in Canada, but don't get involved a FBI mail fraud sting. >:)
- wouldn't want SP thread, shut down...and dear Friends, locked up :2surprise:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Now Beau delivers the goods, once again - for the C-Hawk Book Worms.
- enjoy

Tsundoku: The Art of Buying Books and Never Reading Them
https://getpocket.com/explore/item/tsundoku-the-art-of-buying-books-and-never-reading-them?utm_source=pocket-newtab&fbclid=IwAR0FEPBjiqPfhi8lUF9wBOlz-b485eOxZ_ezwaX6ozygFEDdM7HorQgvPJw

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Hello All!

Weekend is coming to a close. Fairly productive. More weedwacking, lawn mowing - drenched by the time I was finished. Hard to get my shirt off, it was stuck to me!

My wife made a great focaccia bread! Had pears, feta cheese, scallions, and pancetta. Then drizzled with honey! :2smile:

Also made some ribs - not TN quality but really good. Cooked in the oven with a dry rub. Very tender. Also potato salad, which was very good as well.

Then I tried my hand at sewing a flat cap. Here are some photos of the beginning stages.

A number of mistakes - have some puckers in it that will just have to iron out. This is my practice material. But maybe it will turn out ok. However, it is too small. So I will have to enlarge the pattern some with the printer and try again.

Waiting on the brim inserts to continue - Still have to make the pocket for the brim, sew it on to the hat. Then put a liner and sweat band on.

Darn pins kept sticking me!:2surprise::grin2:

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
24,798 Posts
I didn't know there was a word for acquiring books to the point that they accumulate untouched and unread in the bookcase (or piled in stacks in the corners and along the walls.) My sister may qualify—she has an extensive collection.

I, however, ALWAYS read every book I buy—maybe not the entire thing, but at least a few paragraphs, before I bog down or get distracted…by another book (buy another book?)

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Hello All!

Weekend is coming to a close. Fairly productive. More weedwacking, lawn mowing - drenched by the time I was finished. Hard to get my shirt off, it was stuck to me!

My wife made a great focaccia bread! Had pears, feta cheese, scallions, and pancetta. Then drizzled with honey! :2smile:

Also made some ribs - not TN quality but really good. Cooked in the oven with a dry rub. Very tender. Also potato salad, which was very good as well.

Then I tried my hand at sewing a flat cap. Here are some photos of the beginning stages.

A number of mistakes - have some puckers in it that will just have to iron out. This is my practice material. But maybe it will turn out ok. However, it is too small. So I will have to enlarge the pattern some with the printer and try again.

Waiting on the brim inserts to continue - Still have to make the pocket for the brim, sew it on to the hat. Then put a liner and sweat band on.

The ribs look good, modm! Let's hear your tater salad recipe, if you don't mind :2smile:
Hey if you needed a newsboy hat, all you had to do was ask! I bought one a while back but have never worn it..no need for you to bleed out just so you can cover your noggin :grin2:

·
Alpha schmalpha
3,889 Posts
The Doc called today and said take it easy so i fell into a coma for quite a few hours. Thanks Doc!
I did get my butt up and and sit in the tractor seat till dark and removed all the grass and topsoil away from the building site. It gets easy to level out once that part is done.
It was little bit windy and rain bands kept coming through today so i will postponed some time off till the middle of the week...i hope:2smile:
Nice hat Modm.

·
Premium Member
12,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #37,306
The ribs look good, modm! Let's hear your tater salad recipe, if you don't mind :2smile:
Hey if you needed a newsboy hat, all you had to do was ask! I bought one a while back but have never worn it..no need for you to bleed out just so you can cover your noggin :grin2:
I agree TN! Tater salad looked awesome!

·
Premium Member
12,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #37,307
Hello All!

Dang Davy!

You are a man of many talents!

Did you hand sew or use a machine?

That hat looks better than my amateur face masks!

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,728 Posts
Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.
Tom Wilson

But Most of Time, It Does...
:nicejob:

(e.g. Perfect addition for LaDi & Scotty's back yard beer garden...)

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
The Doc called today and said take it easy so i fell into a coma for quite a few hours. Thanks Doc!
I did get my butt up and and sit in the tractor seat till dark and removed all the grass and topsoil away from the building site. It gets easy to level out once that part is done.
It was little bit windy and rain bands kept coming through today so i will postponed some time off till the middle of the week...i hope:2smile:
Nice hat Modm.
Oh yeah - The work of a Doc never ending , never takes a day off , even Sunday ! Even had to make a call to LDi and Scott , Had to prescribe special cookies - Pain management of course !

Was a busy day here yesterday -dog bedding - Kadin not a nail trim , little girl was a hand full ! Training with collar - that was a rodeo ! but getting a little better !

Back to the farm this morning - :frown3::frown3: Came home to a man eating Dobershark !

Need to take back some chemicals to the fert plant - think I will load up Big boy and get him out of the house - boy its been awhile since he's been out .

Better get going - Wish I had some of MC's Brownies ! I don't know - I pulled a muscle or something in my lower back - may need MC to whip up a batch of special brownies :grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I agree TN! Tater salad looked awesome!
That as funny TN :laugh::laugh:

Ok Recipe for the Tater salad as transcribed by my wife....

• Peeled small diced potatoes - boil in salted water until tender
  • Also add 2 - 3 eggs with potatoes to cook
  • When cooked - drain, peel and dice eggs
While Potatoes and eggs are cooking - Mix the following (hmm noticed she didn't give measurements....must be to taste?:
  • Sweet pickle relish
  • Diced pimento
  • Diced celery
  • Dijon Mustard
  • Duke's Mayonnaise
Then when eggs are done mix into the mixture and stir. Add Potatoes mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.

·
Premium Member
12,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #37,319
That as funny TN :laugh::laugh:

Ok Recipe for the Tater salad as transcribed by my wife....

• Peeled small diced potatoes - boil in salted water until tender
  • Also add 2 - 3 eggs with potatoes to cook
  • When cooked - drain, peel and dice eggs
While Potatoes and eggs are cooking - Mix the following (hmm noticed she didn't give measurements....must be to taste?:
  • Sweet pickle relish
  • Diced pimento
  • Diced celery
  • Dijon Mustard
  • Duke's Mayonnaise
Then when eggs are done mix into the mixture and stir. Add Potatoes mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Don't forget the paprika!

Mister might eat it if it didn't have pickles, pimento and diced celery in it.

I would eat it though!

I am still trying to figure out what is wrong with him.

:nerd:

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Back at the house now , Finally got the shuttle returned - been trying to get that job done for 3 weeks ! Now I can get my bill settled . Had a great talk with my ear Mentor all the way down and back ( 36 miles ) , what a book of knowledge ! Thank you Mentor :grin2:

When I did get back to the farm it is pouring ---- again , so come home to get little girl out of jail - she got sent up the river for felony Shark Biting ! Going to let her out on good behavior and se how that works out :grin2:

37301 - 37320 of 39865 Posts