Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

37121 - 37140 of 40055 Posts

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
I think you get more "bang for your buck" with a Nikon (don't tell the Canon people!). I honestly think, SP, that even an entry level Nikon DSLR camera would suit you. The Nikon D3500 would be a decent camera. Depending on the distance you want, though, you might need a different lens. And that would be true of any camera.

(Also, don't tell TN, but I still don't know how to use mine other than the "auto" settings, so you'll do just fine!)

MeadowCat,

I have that camera and an array of lenses--it frightens me to even try to use it.

So I don't--proving only that I am the total Luddite. (and I have a very good friend who is a camera addict and takes wonderful pictures [like TN's] who keeps telling me that it's probably the easiest of all the DSL's to learn to use.

Yeah, sure, that's what he thinks.

ABTLH

·
Premium Member
12,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #37,122
Good morning and Happy Friday! Just play along naysayers!!!!
I started using an App called “My Tuner Radio” this app can pick up radio stations from anywhere in the world.
Currently my favorite is out of Indiana.....although there is a “Chill” station out of Miami thats real nice for office use.
Last week I was listening to a station out of Russia........
Playing along.

I ain't got nothing better to do!

·
Premium Member
Mocha
3,521 Posts
Too late, BeauBear!

Camera on its on its way!

And, I am an android kind of girl!

You Iphone people are just too high maintenance for me!

:|
Be careful, Denny...it's a slippery slope you're embarking on!

:2surprise::2surprise::2surprise:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Hello Everybody!

Last few days have been actually going to work :2surprise:

May have to go in a bit next week. No fun!

But standing on concrete floors for many hours after not doing so for a few months was tiring.

Made some bread the other day. Used a Pullman Loaf Pan. However, I misread the directions and tried to take it out of the pan a bit too early. It was still soft and collapsed a bit. So it looked like it had rabbit ears! Still tasted good though.

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,754 Posts
Kenwood is a good name / SD, does it do google maps ?
- I see the screen, is only 3 lines deep
B67, if you want GPS features, you'll have to get one of the digital touch display models. I use a stand-alone Garmin 7" GPS for navigation. My Kenwood is strictly for music so only need 3-line display, even though it can link to two phones, Sirius XM, Pandora, Spotify, etc. via BT link.

Another must have feature in a new head unit is HD Radio, which is digital FM, which makes a huge difference over analog FM music. Cheaper models in series don't have HD radio. Also check output powers when comparing head unit amps if you are using to directly power speakers. Kenwood has 22W RMS x 4 channel. Older Alpine unit I replaced (CDA-9815) had 27W RMS x 4, which was large for it's heyday. If you are going to power speakers with external amps, only thing important is preamp voltage output which should be at least 4V or more. (5V on DPX793BH)

·
Premium Member
12,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #37,126
Hello Everybody!

Last few days have been actually going to work :2surprise:

May have to go in a bit next week. No fun!

But standing on concrete floors for many hours after not doing so for a few months was tiring.

Made some bread the other day. Used a Pullman Loaf Pan. However, I misread the directions and tried to take it out of the pan a bit too early. It was still soft and collapsed a bit. So it looked like it had rabbit ears! Still tasted good though.
No worries Davy! Doesn't matter if the bread rises correctly or not. It's just bread that looks funny.

:grin2:

I need some sourdough bread and some beef stew.

·
Premium Member
12,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #37,127
Naaw....Just responding to zany posts of one crazy chicken lady, a wacky trike/pod/cougar lady, BH Bros, the Corn & Soy king, et al, who make it easy by setting the bait for us not-quite-right CT members, who keep reading their stuff, day after day! :2smile:
Soo...

Is that a good thing?

:nerd:

·
Premium Member
12,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #37,128
I have literally 100s of CDs but haven't listened to them in a long time. I ended up taking them, and ripping the songs I liked to MP3, then copied the MP3s to a USB drive which is connected in my vehicle. I listed to the radio every now and then but mostly it's my MP3s. Both my vehicle and my wife's have a basic subscription to Sirius XM which I mainly had for those long drives where you can't pick up any good stations...I'm going to cancel mine when the subscription runs out but I'll keep the one for my wife's car since it's the one we use when we make long trips -L. if you've ever driven through Alabama along I-65 you'll know why Sirius XM is a good choice LOL

Yeah. Guz is all ready for the Sirius crap. That would be a bill. I usually whip out a CD when I am in between stations.

And you all thought I was high maintenance.

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,754 Posts
[/B]

Yeah. Guz is all ready for the Sirius crap. That would be a bill. I usually whip out a CD when I am in between stations.

And you all thought I was high maintenance.

Nope, I was really thinking high tolerance.... :laugh:

Seriously, I'm like you, don't need another monthly subscription fee. We don't have any premium cable channels, but I can't convince DW to cut the cable cord and go 100% internet....

FYI- was using Fire TV in exercise room other day and was able to watch first
season episodes of The Rifleman for free on IMDB channel. Really enjoyed it!

DW and I are watching now complete Twilight Zone episodes (original) and Perry Mason which are appearing weekly on odd ball channels. Much better than current programs. We also enjoy the old TCM movies. :2smile:

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
When I sold kibble, got some free large red plastic totes (from supplier).
- to store a large bag of kibble
- and I re-purposed it, to hold a full Costco bag..of black oiled Sunflower seeds
- but after 10 years, the plastic snap on lid...had its edge, break off
- so rain water would leak in the top, and produce mold in the fresh bird seed

So Beau made a HD waterproof LID...
- that is heavy enough to just sit in place...on top of drum
- with an anal attention, to detail and perfect fit & function :grin2:

Constructed of...
- 3/4" scrap plywood
- plastic Landscape Lawn edging / left over stuff
- wood screw's and washers / had them to
- painted top with 24 hour Epoxy, to waterproof plywood
- and finished off top, by spraying it with Automotive Rocker Guard...to get the mat finish

Works Perfect ^ and was a fun project...
- used a Makita jig saw / Dewalt XL drill & driver / Ridgid 14" chop saw / Cobalt drill bit / Makita 4.5" angle grinder, with a thin diamond disk...to cut plastic, to proper length
- its an understatement...Larry likes good tools
- and often has more stuff, than hired carpenters...or Reno jobs, would often drag out

LIDconstruction.finish by Larry Schiestel, on Flickr

LIDconstruction.under.side by Larry Schiestel, on Flickr

·
Registered
11,864 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Good Morning all!

Just finished boiled eggs and toast with butter and strawberry jam! Still drinking my coffee. I am working from home today! Yay. Have a program up already and working through some issues.

50% chance for rain today and tomorrow....so Mila will not be happy. And if Mila isnt happy.........:grin2:

·
Premium Member
12,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #37,134
Trevor is headed to the Mediterranean, on flight tomorrow with Andrew.
- Photo off the CUTE METER // those darling, big Eyes of his
- he is such an attentive & loving little man :x
- so not much more, Beau can add

Trevor_Carry.On.Bag by Larry Schiestel, on Flickr
He is such a cutie!

I love his little nose.

I still think he needs to be dropped off here.

·
Premium Member
12,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #37,135
Nope, I was really thinking high tolerance.... :laugh:

Seriously, I'm like you, don't need another monthly subscription fee. We don't have any premium cable channels, but I can't convince DW to cut the cable cord and go 100% internet....

FYI- was using Fire TV in exercise room other day and was able to watch first
season episodes of The Rifleman for free on IMDB channel. Really enjoyed it!

DW and I are watching now complete Twilight Zone episodes (original) and Perry Mason which are appearing weekly on odd ball channels. Much better than current programs. We also enjoy the old TCM movies. :2smile:
Yep! Keep it simple! See? The oldies aren't so bad.

I seriously haven't seen all the episodes of The Rifleman, but I am slowly collecting the complete series. I already have all the Twilight Zone series. They come in handy when I can't get reception on the TVs. Depends on which way the wind is blowing around here.

I can't remember where or when I was able to watch the old TCM movies. They are entertaining, too.

·
Premium Member
12,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #37,136
Good Morning all!

Just finished boiled eggs and toast with butter and strawberry jam! Still drinking my coffee. I am working from home today! Yay. Have a program up already and working through some issues.

50% chance for rain today and tomorrow....so Mila will not be happy. And if Mila isnt happy.........:grin2:
Nobody's happy!

We had our little rain this morning around 6 and then it was gone!

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
He is such a cutie!

I love his little nose.

I still think he needs to be dropped off here.
Yea, T's little nose is cute.

But all Beau can say is - Trevor made it to Europe, before I ever did. :nerd: :frown3:
- one spoiled little fella
- Olá from Andrew & Trevor, from the Azores Portugal...on way to Spain!

ALS_Trevor.inSpain by Larry Schiestel, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
12,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #37,140
Yea, T's little nose is cute.

But all Beau can say is - Trevor made it to Europe, before I ever did. :nerd: :frown3:
- one spoiled little fella
- Olá from Andrew & Trevor, from the Azores Portugal...on way to Spain!

ALS_Trevor.inSpain by Larry Schiestel, on Flickr
How does Trevor get through the check points at the airports?

Do they take him out of carrier and check to make sure he's not containing explosives? Oh! And hair gel?

37121 - 37140 of 40055 Posts