Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

3341 - 3360 of 41120 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,343
And, before the boys around here get all smart, I was merely referring to trucks!

Wasn't implying anything about your butt, Di!

:|

·
Premium Member
13,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,344
Speaking of trucks, I made it to work today, but decided, nah! Tire rotation, oil change and a cut and color on my hair seemed more important!

It's going to make it to 50 degrees today. Guess I need to turn my propane wall heater on! What the heck! It's MY propane, so, "whatever"!

I am so sad when I have to put my shorts and tank tops away. :crying:

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Florida butting in here ........51 today and clear ...winds gusts 6 MPH .......whew......harsh winter !!!!! LOL
You can butt in anytime Di! I kind of wish your name was reversed so I could call you HD!

:grin2:
^^ She might just be our Flordian Di &/or DiH, if there are no objections...from the PeaNut Gallary...:laugh:

Been 21 years since the Beau family traveled to FL.
- we when down for MLB spring training / took in the Toronto Blue Jays & Detroit Tiger games plus Disney
- 3 years in a row, always on Spring Break ... was a lot of fun, when son was a young teen

PS - now I gotta go back and read ^^
- Dad just blew snow, riding the JD garden tractor
- come in to get Kelly, who had a run in the snow...going crazy, for 5 minutes

·
Premium Member
13,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,347
^^ She might just be our Flordian Di &/or DiH, if there are no objections...from the PeaNut Gallary...:laugh:

Been 21 years since the Beau family traveled to FL.
- we when down for MLB spring training / took in the Toronto Blue Jays & Detroit Tiger games plus Disney
- 3 years in a row, always on Spring Break ... was a lot of fun, when son was a young teen

PS - now I gotta go back and read ^^
- Dad just blew snow, riding the JD garden tractor
- come in to get Kelly, who had a run in the snow...going crazy, for 5 minutes
DiH... hmmm... Do It Herself? I like it! Us girls still need y'all boys' brute strength to do the dirty work, though. I am not climbing into the underside of the house to fix an issue. Yeah! I said it! I can hire someone if you dudes can't do it!

:2surprise:

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Normal yearly rainfall for us is around 44 inch's
How Do the Wettest Cities in the USA Compare to Rainy London, Ontario?

London is a popular destination that may be as known for its dreary, rainy weather as it is for its history dating back to Roman times. London is a destination that many travelers have on their must-see list, whether you're going to follow in the footsteps of the Queen, Harry Potter, or Sherlock Holmes; or want to get up close and personal with sight-seeing hotspots such as the London Bridge, Westminster Abbey and Big Ben.

However, many tourists may expect to spend most of their London trips inside, because London is thought to be one of the rainiest cities in the world.

The question is: Is London really as rainy as common travel lore would have you believe? The answer might not be what you think. We're sizing up London's rainy competition in the USA and comparing some of the rainiest cities in the world.

According to climate data for London, the city averages 22.976 inches (583.6 millimeters) of precipitation per year. Compare that to precipitation in major U.S. cities and London doesn't even make the top 15 rainiest cities. Even New York City is rainier than London, with an average of 49.9 inches of rain per year. In fact, when it comes to cities, the six rainiest big cities in the United States average more than 50 inches per year and are:

- New Orleans, Louisiana, the city with the most precipitation in the U.S., gets on average of 62.7 inches of rain per year.
- Miami, Florida (yes, even sunny Miami gets more rain than London!)
- Birmingham, Alabama
- Memphis, Tennessee
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Orlando, Florida (No one calls Orlando "Rainy Orlando", but it gets a lot more rain that London does.)

The rainiest place in the USA is Mt. Waialeale on Kauai in Hawaii, which gets approximately 460 inches (11,684 millimeters) of rain each year.

That's quite a bit more than London!

·
Big Lil pup
6,150 Posts
Umm, you hate the telephone?

I don't know who Jean Le Luddite is.

How did I do?
Your a genius!

So, in the ever constant attempt to expand my pal Denny's vocabulary,

For Denises perusal:

Luddite
noun
a member of any of the bands of English workers who destroyed machinery, especially in cotton and woolen mills, that they believed was threatening their jobs (1811–16).
• a person opposed to increased industrialization or new technology: a small-minded Luddite resisting progress.

(The second definition) ^^^^

JLL!

Oh... Jean is "John" in French and Le is "The".

Hang around with me for a while Denny and you might be a PHD candidate!

·
Premium Member
13,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,353
Your a genius!

So, in the ever constant attempt to expand my pal Denny's vocabulary,

For Denises perusal:

Luddite
noun
a member of any of the bands of English workers who destroyed machinery, especially in cotton and woolen mills, that they believed was threatening their jobs (1811–16).
• a person opposed to increased industrialization or new technology: a small-minded Luddite resisting progress.

(The second definition) ^^^^

JLL!

Oh... Jean is "John" in French and Le is "The".

Hang around with me for a while Denny and you might be a PHD candidate!
I am not confident if I should hit a like or thank button.

I feel like I am being lured into a trap. I shall give you my response regarding this matter, maybe, tomorrow.

HR! Somebody? Anybody?

Help!

>:)

·
Premium Member
13,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,355
SO, who is going to wash my truck today? I Didn't say vacuum! I said wash. Easy Peasy.

I can't do it. It's too cold. And, it's all Beau's fault!

I think Lawrence needs to run my truck to the car wash. After all, he is more acclimated to the cold climate!

I vote yes!

·
Premium Member
13,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,356
Bwa ha ha!
You vill neva be shure, my little chickadee!

Bye da Vay... Hit any button dat you like.. Dee end rezult vill be da same!!!

BKJ! (Boris Karloff Johnny!)
Mel?

Are you a Mod or are you not?

Are you going to take care of this varmint?

I already declared that I don't crawl into "crawl" spaces.

Well?

I'm waiting.

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Mel?

Are you a Mod or are you not?

Are you going to take care of this varmint?

I already declared that I don't crawl into "crawl" spaces.

Well?

I'm waiting.

SP - I'm waiting for Lil Sis to put her "big boy" pants on...>:)
- didn't U learn anything from half big brothers STJ & B67, growing up with us ?

MEL - not here to babysit...butter-cup.

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Speaking of trucks, I made it to work today, but decided, nah! Tire rotation, oil change and a cut and color on my hair seemed more important!

It's going to make it to 50 degrees today. Guess I need to turn my propane wall heater on! What the heck! It's MY propane, so, "whatever"!

I am so sad when I have to put my shorts and tank tops away. :crying:
SO, who is going to wash my truck today? I Didn't say vacuum! I said wash. Easy Peasy.

I can't do it. It's too cold. And, it's all Beau's fault!

I think Lawrence needs to run my truck to the car wash. After all, he is more acclimated to the cold climate!

I vote yes!

Larry thinks you got all purdy'ed up, at the Hair Salon (pampering yourself) / and drove home to sleep.
- I don't wash my own old truck, so don't wait on me
- I don't have to fight, frozen doors & locks

·
Big Lil pup
6,150 Posts
Well... Chicken Folks.

I had McCoy given a complete Cardio work up a week or so ago. I bit the financial bullet and had it done by a very good canine cardiologist here in Portland. Hands on physical, echo cardiogram and a 24 Holter.

The bottom line: His heart and heath is basically perfect.

Woot!. I wasn't that concerned. But as we lost our big boy to DCM a few years ago, I was still a bit anticipatory. The good news made my day.

I won't tell you what the freight was. But I will say it was equivalent to my monthly mortgage. LOL

VHJ! (Very Happy Johnny!)

3341 - 3360 of 41120 Posts