Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

29941 - 29960 of 39865 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
24,798 Posts
We had a Toyota hatchback way back when we had our first dobe--it was a stick shift with a console thingy between the two front seats. It didn't have a whole lot of room--an oversized dobe in the back, two people in the front and camping gear pretty much filled the thing, so we would stuff our sleeping bags on the floor between the front and back seats. One vacation trip (Chicago up around Lake Superior and back down through Minnesota and Wisconsin) he discovered a new trick--he could lie on his back upside-down between the front seats with his rump in the back and his chest and head up with us in front. He would brace his front feet on the ceiling of the car to stay steady.

I remember passing a guy who was hitchhiking--he pulled his hand down awfully fast when he saw us go by. I guess from the outside it looked rather like we had two deer legs sticking up between us.

We got a bit tired of the trick very shortly, so we fixed it. We got to a park somewhere or other, stopped the car and both jumped out as fast as we could with a "Let's go, Caesar!!"

It took him a couple of minutes to manage to detangle himself from his upside-down, wedged-in position--and he didn't try that again.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I can't drink anymore because of the migraines, but Prairie vodka is SO good!
Not to worry, MC, if I pass this darn test tomorrow, I'll have a few for you :2smile:

You have good taste, ma'am. - Useless tidbit of info: I started with Stoli after I watched a movie (St. Elmo's Fire?) and they were putting Stoli in the freezer then doing shots. It was love at first sip :)

Ooooh, are we drinking this morning!? Pour me a Bloody Mary, please! (Absolut is my go to vodka). :wink2:
Absolut is my second favorite. For me, it's either Stoli or Absolut.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Since there appears to be lots of Wineo's on here - What is wine with out cheese ? Well ole Doc here to the rescue ! My good friend and brother farmer ( Larry ) From Door County Wisconsin , alone with is lovely wife stopped by here a month or so ago - Thing I posted that - What I forgot was every time Larry stops by - he brings us Cheese From Renards Cheese , also from Door County - Talk about cheese !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Out of this world ! You can't buy that good of stuff in any grocery store around here . Just opened up the 2 year old Cheddar ( White ) - Oh boy ! its good ! Larry also gave us some Blue Cheese - Haven't tried that one yet .

So For our 2 right side coast Wine-O's ( Modm and Codysmom ) here is the link

https://www.renardscheese.com/

I bet that 79 has heard of this place since she lives up there - reviews 79 ??

And back to your original drinking program :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
21,118 Posts
Since there appears to be lots of Wineo's on here - What is wine with out cheese ? Well ole Doc here to the rescue ! My good friend and brother farmer ( Larry ) From Door County Wisconsin , alone with is lovely wife stopped by here a month or so ago - Thing I posted that - What I forgot was every time Larry stops by - he brings us Cheese From Renards Cheese , also from Door County - Talk about cheese !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Out of this world ! You can't buy that good of stuff in any grocery store around here . Just opened up the 2 year old Cheddar ( White ) - Oh boy ! its good ! Larry also gave us some Blue Cheese - Haven't tried that one yet .

So For our 2 right side coast Wine-O's ( Modm and Codysmom ) here is the link

https://www.renardscheese.com/

And back to your original drinking program :grin2:

Mmmmmm, cheese. At Nosework class on Tuesday one of my classmates brought fresh cheese curds. They still squeaked. You know they are fresh when they squeak. So delicious. (I confess I shared with Sypha!)

·
Da Boss
3,464 Posts
Oh yes! We stop at Renard's pretty much any time we go to Door County! They make some good stuff!
I also really like Scray Cheese, which is a little place out in the middle of nowhere. Official address is De Pere, but it's very country. They make fresh cheese curds on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. The dill/garlic curds are to die for. Hmmm...what day is it today!? :grin2:

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
Dagnabbit--DT/CT evidently didn't like the length of the post I just lost...RATS!

So now the short form is I learned to drive on a 1947 Ford Coupe

Took my drivers test on my mothers giant Chev station wagon.

First car--1962 VW Bug Ocean Blue
Second car 1969 VW Bug Endeavor Blue
Third car--very used yellow(ick) VW hatch back--might have been a 1975
Fourth car--1983 Toyota Tacoma
Fifth car--used 1999 Toyota Tacoma--I'm still driving it...I think I bought it in 2005

Cars 1 and 2 were stolen
Car 3 used and a desperation move--I paid too much for it but sold it at a profit to a drunken druggy who thought it looked wonderful and the back was big enough to sleep in if he was so screwed up he couldn't drive. He drove it for years--replacing things that fell off or died or burned up (that was the air filter for the engine--a cop drove up behind him as he opened the hood and put the fire out for him.
Car 4 blew an oil pump when I was on the freeway in the middle of rush hour traffic and I couldn't get over fast enough to keep the engine from turning into a lump of metal.
Car 5--well I'm still driving it.

I hate to learn to drive something new--so if it hadn't been stolen I'd probably still be driving the 1992 VW--even though it only had something like 35 HP (I've used industrial sewing machines that had more HP than that.

So I just go on driving them until someone steels them or the wheels fall off...and the vehicle that I'd really like since I'm down to one borrowed puppy is a Toyota Rav4.

lets see--that makes 5 vehicles in 58 years--not so bad...

ABTLH

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
For a great domestic White Cheddar the dairy at Washington State University's Vet School makes one--it's aged a minimum of two years--sealed in a metal can and you can age it as much more as you want. All of their cheeses are great but I'm a big fan of white Cheddar (all of the made in Vermont white Cheddar's are great too)

I don't have an address or email addy for WSU's dairy store but you can find it on Google and I recommend it highly. The only thing close out here is Tillimuck's (sorry Mel, I spelled that wrong) white Cheddar--it's better that most but still not as good as the WSU product.

ABTLH

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Oh yes! We stop at Renard's pretty much any time we go to Door County! They make some good stuff!
I also really like Scray Cheese, which is a little place out in the middle of nowhere. Official address is De Pere, but it's very country. They make fresh cheese curds on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. The dill/garlic curds are to die for. Hmmm...what day is it today!? :grin2:
I checked this out for you Meadowcat - Its 332 mile - 4 H's and 48 MM's over there for your Curds :grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2:

BTW - Take E 28 :grin2:

·
Registered
11,859 Posts
All this drinking talk this morning and NO drinking songs ?? Well my friends - it that time ! Time for some Gorge

Dagnabbit--DT/CT evidently didn't like the length of the post I just lost...RATS!

So now the short form is I learned to drive on a 1947 Ford Coupe

Took my drivers test on my mothers giant Chev station wagon.

First car--1962 VW Bug Ocean Blue
Second car 1969 VW Bug Endeavor Blue
Third car--very used yellow(ick) VW hatch back--might have been a 1975
Fourth car--1983 Toyota Tacoma
Fifth car--used 1999 Toyota Tacoma--I'm still driving it...I think I bought it in 2005

Cars 1 and 2 were stolen
Car 3 used and a desperation move--I paid too much for it but sold it at a profit to a drunken druggy who thought it looked wonderful and the back was big enough to sleep in if he was so screwed up he couldn't drive. He drove it for years--replacing things that fell off or died or burned up (that was the air filter for the engine--a cop drove up behind him as he opened the hood and put the fire out for him.
Car 4 blew an oil pump when I was on the freeway in the middle of rush hour traffic and I couldn't get over fast enough to keep the engine from turning into a lump of metal.
Car 5--well I'm still driving it.

I hate to learn to drive something new--so if it hadn't been stolen I'd probably still be driving the 1992 VW--even though it only had something like 35 HP (I've used industrial sewing machines that had more HP than that.

So I just go on driving them until someone steels them or the wheels fall off...and the vehicle that I'd really like since I'm down to one borrowed puppy is a Toyota Rav4.

lets see--that makes 5 vehicles in 58 years--not so bad...

ABTLH
The Top 2 award posts, of the C-Hawk day ^^ reading 1 and listening to the other.

When it comes to story time, AuntBug has the Royal Flush of Life experiences.
- all True of coarse...No one could ever make this chit up
- 5 vehicles in 58 years / drive'en till their stolen or burned into Hell >:)

What a trip with Brother George, from our best Bud Doc....one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer.

Because YOU2 are TODAYS WINNERS - George Thorogood - Bad To The Bone - 7/5/1984 - Capitol Theatre (Official)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt_8aDOJvtM

George Thorogood - Boogie Chillen No. 2 - 7/5/1984 - Capitol Theatre (Official)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kODhvOvO2EQ

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
I paid too much for it but sold it at a profit to a drunken druggy who thought it looked wonderful and the back was big enough to sleep in if he was so screwed up he couldn't drive

Was that Ray Aunt Bug :grin2::grin2:
That wasn't Ray. He was Pauli, I remember coming home from work and finding him and my SO at the time sitting at the kitchen table racing snails (I can't even tell you how screwed up both of them were) Pauli was eating carrots--shortly thereafter he ran out the front door and the SO ran out after him--when they came in I asked what was going on. Seems Pauli puked up all the carrots in the front flower bed. I was beyond mad--I was fully enraged and kicked them both out demanding that they clean all of the puke and all of the carrots out of the flowers.

Probably the only time I've ever been that angry--I scared them to death.

The other thing that's worth noting is that although I drank I didn't do drugs--didn't like them--made my brain nonfunctional--later I asked the SO what the heck Pauli was doing--Mexican black tar heroin and some upper--probably Meth. Lovely group of people I ran around with. But a lot of them were really nice when they weren't on drug cocktails and a scotch a bourbon and a glass of beer.

I just reread this Kenny--you're right I couldn't make this stuff up--now I live a quiet life with a couple of cats and a borrowed puppy.

Funny how that works--with this quiet life my doctor complains that my blood pressure is too high--tells me I should do this and that--it must by my age--I never used to have high blood pressure even when I was kicking drunks and dopers out of the house.

ABTLH

PS--that was an oops--that was our Beau that gave me the award--but really--I don't make this chit--a lot of it is too weird to even be fiction.

dobebug

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Well I guess its about time to shut things down here and grab a beer , I see Ma is back up and going so every thing should be in good hands :grin2:

BTW - Poor Business started licking one of his toes last night - got up this morning and its a little swollen - the top of his paw . I seen what happened to it - he took off a 100 mph and hit it on the threshold of the door going into the house from the office - Looks better this evening .

Have a great evening

29941 - 29960 of 39865 Posts