Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

29921 - 29940 of 40034 Posts

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
I am changing the subject because I can.

:grin2:

Had a customer grill me about trim levels on Toyota Siennas.

Promptly shut him down and told him, I don't know Sir. It would be best if you call a Toyota dealership ask them about the trim levels. I drive GM's.

He laughed and I found him some Siennas with leather.

I will straight out tell my customers I am a Brand snob.

I got home and calculated how many vehicles I have owned.

8 GM products, 2 Ford products and two JD products. All in nearly 40 years!

Dang! Time flies when you are having fun!

SP - you could of acted like a Toyota genius.
- just say every model with Leather / is a "Limited" :laugh:

I've had about a dozen GM/GMC trucks...last 25 years.
- 4 Square Bodies // 1980-84
- 6 Extended Cabs 4x4 // 1990-98
- 1 Quadrasteer 4x4 // 2003

^^ And this doesn't count Mrs. or hobby vehicles. >:)

·
Premium Member
12,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #29,923
Seriously Denny??? That's IT?

Like you, i calculated how many vehicles I have owned.

2 Fiats
1 Opel
2 Saabs
2 Dodges
4 Jeep Wranglers
4 Chev p/u's
3 Ram p/u's
4 Jeep Wranglers
1 Pontiac Trans Am
1 Pontiac GTO
5 Volkswagons
3 Audis

( Not necessarily in that order. LOL)

Oh.. All in nearly 50 years!

Yeah... I like rolling stock. All kinds. Some people like clothes... I like rigs.

So sue me.

Right Beau?

STJ! Johnny... The Bad One in the shiny ride.
Yup!

That's it!

I roll them until they get ugly and the wheels fall off.

Sorry that I am such a disappointment to you.

Just stuck on GM and can't trust or afford the strange ones you listed.

There is a Verrrrry Slooooow Tesla that I have to wait to blow dust on sometimes.

If I ever met that dude, I would ask him/her why they bought a Tesla living on a dirt road or vice versa.

No pity here for your over priced car.

That's my story and I am sticking to it!

:2surprise:

·
Premium Member
12,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #29,924

Nope! You are wrong.

Rental companies order certain trim levels for certain regions and if an oddball shows up on another side of the States it's because there was a desperate person renting that car to just get the hell down the road.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Nope! You are wrong.

Rental companies order certain trim levels for certain regions and if an oddball shows up on another side of the States it's because there was a desperate person renting that car to just get the hell down the road.
Papa knows...like to pull your leg SP. >:)
- Limited, just giving you the one category...catch all phrase
- don't be so ungrateful, to show your appreciation more :nerd:

·
Premium Member
12,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #29,926

Can't say that! These customers think the stock photos are the real deal and book flights to come buy these cars. We try to catch them before they book a flight. Nope. They don't listen to a word we say warning them about not doing that. "The car you want is still out on rent. We don't know what kind of shape this car is coming back in." They still buy plane tickets and want to call and bitch because the car wasn't ready or even there when they got off the plane.

People only want to hear what they want to hear.

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,753 Posts
So Cuz’ s ..my new cubicle......well ...they seated a girl next to me.
Pain in the azz........I am ignoring her.......she try’s to pull my chain. But I am as cool as a carrot or is that cucumber.....anyway..... so
It was so nice .....till SHE arrive.
What are we going to do about her?>:)>:)>:)>:)

Uhh?...What?.....Did CP move to FL from OK? :2surprise:

....If so, just blame SP... >:)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Honda
Honda
Dodge Truck
Mazda Mini Van
Dodge Conv. Van
Honda
Honda Mini Van
Ford SUV
Ford
Ford SUV
Honda
Honda Mini Van

Learned to drive - Plymouth Fury III (a tank)
Learned stick- Jeep CJ-5 & MGB (fun!)

:awink:

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Can't say that! These customers think the stock photos are the real deal and book flights to come buy these cars. We try to catch them before they book a flight. Nope. They don't listen to a word we say warning them about not doing that. "The car you want is still out on rent. We don't know what kind of shape this car is coming back in." They still buy plane tickets and want to call and bitch because the car wasn't ready or even there when they got off the plane.

People only want to hear what they want to hear.

Wow SP - people fly in, to buy vehicles...no wonder your job is stressful.
- than you have to come here, and take more BS from the Chicken Hawks
- U a Super-Girl

======================================

BeauBear
I've had about a dozen GM/GMC trucks...last 35 years.
- 2000 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4

Muscle Cars
- 2 1967 Beaumont (Canadian Chevelle's)
- 1965 Malibu
- 1966 Plymouth Valiant
- 1966 American Motors
- 1987 TransAm GTA
- 1970 GTO Judge

MamaBear
- 2 Chev's Hatchbacks, from the 1980's
- Buick sedan
- Volvo wagon v70
- Nissan Pathfinder 4x4
- Nissan Maxima
- Toyota RAV4 v6 AWD

·
Premium Member
8,729 Posts
Good morning everybody !

Little cool here this morning ( 26 ) , Over the weekend - we are headed to the mid 50's to low 60's ! BUT --------------------- It looks like rain dang near every day next week --- TN , they calling for rain for you to ?

Have a good day :grin2:

·
Premium Member
6,809 Posts
Beautiful weather here today in Florida........
Ahhhhhhhhhhh.......come on down folks or over and down.......before the love bugs get here !!!
:grin2::grin2:
AJ.......nice day for you !
Me I am stuck in cubicle land............ohm.....>:)
Where is Moe? Is he stuck under the house somewhere ?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Sorry to hear, Lannie. if you are feeling the pain in your wrist it probably isn't carpal tunnel, that tend to be more in the hand (had it years ago). But if you want some more self-diagnosis fun, look up De Quervain's tendonitis. My best friend has it. It feels like your wrist, but is actually the tendon by your bottom thumb knuckle. Hopefully it is neither. Either way take it easy on yourself.

And yes getting old sucks
No, it's carpal tunnel. Like a rusty railroad spike through the palm of my hand at night, and thumb/index finger going numb all the time. The pain in the wrist is more a shooting pain that starts in the base of my palm and runs all the way up my forearm in a thin streak. But that other thing (De Quervain whatever), I've had that for years, both hands. I was fine until I started milking Cricket by hand. She's mostly Jersey, and they have teeny weeny tiny teats, so you can't get a full-hand grip on them. I milked her mom for three years by hand with no troubles, but she had big fat sausage teats that were easy to milk. Two years of Cricket's tiny teats, though, and my hands were trashed, so that's why I have the milking machine now. It's better than it was (I was crying while milking, the pain was so bad), but it's still pretty bad. I just use my hands way too much, and for heavy type work, which they were never designed to handle. I have to do all the "woman's work" AND the "man's work" around here now (how sexist of me to say that, LOL!), so it will probably never get better. But with luck, I can keep it from getting any worse. :D

Oh God TN - Not some Mad Dog :grin2::grin2:
When I was a teenager, a friend of mine had a pony named Dolly who LOVED Mad Dog. Seriously, we could pour some in our cupped hands and she'd slurp it up like it was the last thing on earth, then after about half a bottle, she'd start to wobble and weave. I supposed you could call that animal cruelty, but she was having a good time, and we laughed until we cried.

True story. Not kidding. :)

Apparently drinking toddlers have become a serious issue.

OMG those little munchkins are hysterical! I could watch those all day! Better than watching cat videos!

Yeah... you are making me appreciate my job more.

Why don't you just move to Oklahoma. Land is affordable here, relatively speaking.

I think it would be fun.

Alan and Rich would definitely get along. Their A$$es running farm errands and putting the projects together while you and I go grocery shopping and feed them.

:grin2:

Come to Trucklahoma!

:hipno:
Ummm, no. It's bad enough, my stress level when there's a blizzard warning. You do NOT want to see me during a tornado warning. We had a tornado warning (not a watch, a WARNING) here a few years ago - Rich thought he was going to have to take me to the hospital for sedatives. We still had Zipper then, and she was terrified but didn't know why, all she knew was Mom was having some kind of breakdown and so therefore, she should be terrified, too. It was horrible.

We had an F-4 go by here about 20 miles east of us one year, but thank God I didn't know about it beforehand, or while it was happening. As it was, I nearly fainted when I heard about it a few days later. It was bad enough it made the Weather Channel on their "Storm Stories" show. Nothing scares me worse than a tornado. NOTHING. So, yeah, not living in Oklahoma. It's bad enough here!

Speaking of cats, holy wow is the breed description about Devons being "food hounds" correct! The kittens are slowly getting more access to the house. Tonight is the first time they were out while I was making myself dinner. They were climbing in my bowl while I was trying to heat up soup! Climbing in the sink to lick the dirty dishes (only like one plate and a spoon in there, but whoa, they were ALL over it!). I could BARELY eat, they were soooooo in-my-face about trying to get my food! This is going to be a problem! I don't know how we'll ever eat again! I mean, you have to laugh, but....for real!
Two words: Squirt bottle. :) I actually have an early warning system here, so I can grab the bottle and get into the kitchen. Missy the mutt hears the cats get up on the counter or in the sink (they like to lick the water in the dishes, too) and starts growling from her place on the couch. If I'm too tired to jump up and run out there with the squirt bottle, I just tell Missy "Get 'em!" and she leaps into action, running to the kitchen and yelling at whoever is in the sink. Better her than me, some days. ;)

Oh, I figured out how to change the mouse wheel back, too, you guys. If you push down ON the wheel until it clicks, it toggles back and forth between clicking and smooth scrolling. Duh. I figured it out by accident yesterday when I was trying to figure out how the heck it might have been changed in the first place. I guess you learn something new every day, don'tcha?

·
Premium Member
Mocha
3,519 Posts
Oh! Was that a rant?

You know I love rants!

Do you feel better now and did you pass the test?

You know I am spot reading, right?

0:)
Not yet, I test tomorrow morning

Do they deliver Vodka.......Vodka Tonic with a twist if lime is my favorite.
Plan B is Margaritas ...on ice ...yes salt please.>:)
Plan C ...Budweiser...
And maybe a few wavy potato chips.
What brand vodka do you like? Stoli? (my fave) or something like McCormick's or Smirnoff?

3 or 4? Toyotas
1 Datsun
1 Suburu
1 or 2? Hondas
1 Ford
Learned to drive on an Oldsmobile Delta 88

The Ford's transmission blew up at about 60,000 miles.
The rest of us went many many miles together.
My very first car was a 1969 Delta 88; bought it for $300. That thing was a frigging tank, and went through gas like there was no tomorrow. I learned to drive in a Volkswagon Beetle.

My favorite car was a 1970 Chevy Nova that I bought at age 18 from a neighbor who had a body shop/garage and he bought cars and souped them up then painted them. 350 with 4-barrel carb, 4 speed, crager rims with the wide tires, air shocks, painted pearl white. 8 track and Jensen 6X9 speakers, I loved that car.

·
Premium Member
8,729 Posts
My favorite car was a 1970 Chevy Nova that I bought at age 18 from a neighbor who had a body shop/garage and he bought cars and souped them up then painted them. 350 with 4-barrel carb, 4 speed, crager rims with the wide tires, air shocks, painted pearl white. 8 track and Jensen 6X9 speakers, I loved that car.

WOW

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
My very first car was a 1969 Delta 88; bought it for $300. That thing was a frigging tank, and went through gas like there was no tomorrow. I learned to drive in a Volkswagon Beetle.

17 y/o Beau's '65 Chevelle was a 6 cylinder 2 door post car...just the inline 6.
- but looked fast in dark Danube blue, with Crager rims with the wide tires, + 150 psi in shocks
- I turned down street racing a '70 AAR 340Cuda and a '67 Corvette 427 tri-power

Forgot the old Datsun 210 - wife quickly learned to stick shift drive, as she had motorcycle driver-ed // learning curve, was 2 blocks.
- it was a $50 car I did sheet metal welding on, to remove the rust
- and painted it, on family farm...turned out good
- drove it to College, for 3 years...and flipped the $50 sedan for $500

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
24,837 Posts

We had a Chevy Nova too! Both the Olds 88 and the Nova were probably close to age as the ones you're talking about--except I was learning to drive right around '71 so they were probably fairly new then.

My dad bought the Nova (1966) because he wanted a small car to commute to work in (and it was small compared to the Olds) But about 10 years later it was sitting in the driveway (my brother inherited it while he was in med school) and we realized it was the biggest car out there (good old 1973-4 oil embargo--Honey, I shrunk the cars) I was driving an old Toyota Corolla that came with my husband; my parent's "family" car was a Ford Granada.

Olds 88 218 in.

Chevy Nova 189 in.
Granada 182 in.
Toyota Corolla 151 in.

None were souped up, though. Strictly old fashioned "family" cars.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
24,837 Posts
Forgot the old Datsun 210 - wife quickly learned to stick shift drive, as she had motorcycle driver-ed // learning curve, was 2 blocks.
- it was a $50 car I did sheet metal welding on, to remove the rust
- and painted it, on family farm...turned out good
- drove it to College, for 3 years...and flipped the $50 sedan for $500

We called our Datsun "The Pumpkin" We bought it new as young marrieds with no money. Used cars the quality, age and mileage we wanted were comparatively expensive when we went shopping--so the sales guy took us back to see a new Datsun marketed as a commuter car--manual transmission, vinyl floors (no carpeting), weird orange color...I guess they hadn't been able to unload it. It was good price for a new car, so we bought it instead.

But it was definitely ORANGE.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
We called our Datsun "The Pumpkin" We bought it new as young marrieds with no money. Used cars the quality, age and mileage we wanted were comparatively expensive when we went shopping--so the sales guy took us back to see a new Datsun marketed as a commuter car--manual transmission, vinyl floors (no carpeting), weird orange color...I guess they hadn't been able to unload it. It was good price for a new car, so we bought it instead.

But it was definitely ORANGE.
I actually Loved the old Datsun, fun little car and good mpg.

Funny Story, back in 1978 Tanya was a year old & scared of thunder storms.
- she rode in back seat, dad driving & mom in the passenger bucket
- dobe got so scared during a Hail storm / size of golf balls, pelting on windows
- she jumped over the stick shift, in the front with mom
- and squeezed herself a ball, in the floor well...under Mrs 2 feet
- Beau drove home, for another 15 minutes...and glad this Dad, was behind the steering wheel
- mom was severely cramped with girl

·
Super Moderator
21,136 Posts

What brand vodka do you like? Stoli? (my fave) or something like McCormick's or Smirnoff?
I can't drink anymore because of the migraines, but Prairie vodka is SO good!

·
Premium Member
6,809 Posts

Stoli!>:)

29921 - 29940 of 40034 Posts