Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

29881 - 29900 of 40034 Posts

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
I like the way you worded that, Dobebug....' a whole lot younger'. And I like, 'getting older' better than just plain, 'old'. Don't like that at all.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
24,837 Posts
Wind, sleet, snow SQUALLS, dust storms, thunder and lightning, hail, blizzards, tornadoes, hurricanes, GRAUPEL >:)

I bet you had to leave before dawn to walk to school, and it was already dark by the time you started walking back home. And then you had hours and hours (and hours) of homework to finish.

AND you didn't even have a cell phone so you could text your friends as you walked.

Kids just don't know how easy they have it now.

·
Premium Member
8,729 Posts
Wind, sleet, snow SQUALLS, dust storms, thunder and lightning, hail, blizzards, tornadoes, hurricanes, GRAUPEL >:)

I bet you had to leave before dawn to walk to school, and it was already dark by the time you started walking back home. And then you had hours and hours (and hours) of homework to finish.

AND you didn't even have a cell phone so you could text your friends as you walked.

Kids just don't know how easy they have it now.
Sounds like you lived in Indiana Sometime in your life :grin2::grin2::grin2:

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
24,837 Posts
No, I've just listened to you and learned. I remember you talking about your hurricanes last June:

Wind is really picking up ! Barry is bearing down us it looks like , Palm trees are really whipping around , they issued a rip current warning for our county .
I've gathered your storm surge needs to be seen to be believed.

And if I ever see it, then maybe I'll believe it.

·
Premium Member
8,729 Posts
No, I've just listened to you and learned. I remember you talking about your hurricanes last June:

I've gathered your storm surge needs to be seen to be believed.

And if I ever see it, then maybe I'll believe it.
I'm sorry here Mel - But when the house floated off - I had the wife and 2 dogs in my arms - swimming on my back and lost the camera with the video of it :frown3:

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,753 Posts
When it comes to wine supply, I am ready for the apocolypse! :grin2:
Wind, sleet, snow SQUALLS, dust storms, thunder and lightning, hail, blizzards, tornadoes, hurricanes, GRAUPEL >:)...

Just.....Don't combine the two.....
:2smile:

PSA-WARNING! GRAUPEL AND VINO DON'T MIX!

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,753 Posts
Cats ARE evil (not as evil as chickens, but still...)

That is one of the reasons Trip is in the doghouse so often (figuratively) or in a cabinet, the dryer, a closet, the dishwasher, the refrigerator or out in the garage where he is not allowed (literally)--the little bugger is FAST--and he's not allowed in my bedroom at night.

Yes, Cats are Evil...Exhibit #15,456

Just trying to get rid of me, aren't you?

FINE--I can take a hint.

It's dinnertime anyway.

And......Cats are Crazy! :2surprise:

·
Premium Member
12,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #29,898
What a week I'm having! :2surprise:

First there was the snow. Ended up being about six inches or so, but there were a few annoying drifts. Rich took the Bobcat out and cleared our paths, and five minutes after he came in, frozen to the bone, it started snowing AGAIN. It wasn't much, less than an inch, but still. And then it cleared off at sundown, so the temp is down to 7F this morning.

Then there's my wrist, which has been bothering me lately, and actually woke me up and KEPT me awake several nights in a row. It finally dawned on me that I was having carpal tunnel symptoms, so I looked it up, and yup, that seems to be my problem. It's all the hard banging trying to pry up frozen plops and carrying heavy water buckets and etc. Of course, it's my right hand, and I do EVERYTHING with my right hand. I have a little neoprene wrist wrap I'm wearing now, which isn't the best, but it will do for a few days. I have a real one (with a splint in it) ordered and it should be here Saturday or Monday. But even the little wrist wrap seems to be helping, so hopefully I caught it in time, before I did any permanent damage. I wish I could rest it, and not do the heavy chores for a while, but when summer gets here, chores will be light. The hardest I'll have to work is putting the milker on the cows. But geez, just another thing that I have to be "aware of" right now and make allowances for. I don't like this whole getting-old thing, not at all.

And then, to top it off, a bunch of cats were on the table yesterday while I was busy in the kitchen and they decided it would be fun to play the "Eff" This Thing game. You know, where they sit somewhere and knock things to the floor, each time saying "Eff this thing," and "Eff that thing," and "Oh, eff ALL these things!" Well, my wireless mouse was a casualty (luckily the laptop is too heavy for them to push off the table) along with my computer glasses and a box of Kleenex. The Kleenex was unharmed :wink2: and the glasses were in a case, so they're OK, but the mouse hit the floor with a satisfying breaking noise. I swear, little Cubby (yes, HE was the perp) was smiling when he heard it. I was NOT smiling. The battery cover came off and one of the batteries came out, but I put it back together and it looked OK, however, now instead of a nice smooth scroll on the scroll wheel, it's doing that clicking thing, and they're hard clicks. I have NO idea how to set it back to smooth. Oh, well, life with cats, right?
Yeah... you are making me appreciate my job more.

Why don't you just move to Oklahoma. Land is affordable here, relatively speaking.

I think it would be fun.

Alan and Rich would definitely get along. Their A$$es running farm errands and putting the projects together while you and I go grocery shopping and feed them.

:grin2:

Come to Trucklahoma!

:hipno:

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Everybody leaving? Going to bed? I am always a day or week late. By the time I get around to replying to a subject everyone is off and running with a new one, lol.
So talking about cats being evil and breaking things, I have to agree. I got so mad at Ms Priss getting on my piano that she found a place that she didn't get yelled at.
Took me awhile to find her.

29881 - 29900 of 40034 Posts