Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hubby. Sometimes I just don't understand him :lol2:

He's been doing a lot of yard work over the past week. Clearing out dead trees, removing branches that were growing too close to the house, removing branches and small trees growing too close to where he wants to put up his Ham radio antenna. He knows the backyard pretty well now. I asked him how the fence was looking. He replied, "well, it's got a lot of gaps, too many to repair easily, so I think we should just take it down and put up new fencing. This fence is not puppy proof." What? The man who decided he didn't really want the responsibility of a pup is now thinking about the pup and the fence that needs to be replaced to protect said pup.

So whoever said he'd change his mind, you were right and I was wrong. I do apologize for doubting you :lol2:

Looks like once the leaves are off the trees and shrubs, we live in the woods basically and you can't get to the fence easily this time of year, we'll be taking down the old and putting up the new.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Seems like Hubby is a big softy. I'm sure he knows how important it is to make sure that the puppy is safe. I think it shows that your hubby may care a lot about you as well. He knows that you want a puppy and is willing to undertake a big task to make sure your investment is safe.

·
Premium Member
8,880 Posts
He sounds like a good guy - the kind of home many breeders would be interested in possibly talking to.

My husband is really not a dog person, but does care about their welfare and enjoys them as a pet..............he must since he lets them climb all over him in bed every morning :) . He will tell everyone that "my wife has dogs", but without his support, I could not do what I do with them.

As a note, my husband used to be into ham radios too - mostly when we lived in Florida (we moved to PA 10 years ago). I love my nerdy guy - LOL!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I keep trying to reply but I'm being thwarted by a bad Bengal boy. He's attacking the mouse and the keyboard. If he spots the cursor, I'm done for :lol2:

Thanks for the replies. He's a total dog person. Or he was until he met me and started living with cats. I've converted him but now I need to convert him back. I was hoping hubby would go soft on me and agree to a dog. Sounds like he's getting there :) especially after the fence report. It's not that we'd ever keep the pup outside for any period of time without supervision but we do have deer, lots and lots of deer, and we wouldn't want pup to take off after any deer, or anything else for that matter. Stray cats, raccoons, etc. That and sometimes pups like to wander. So while the pup would be outside under supervision, the fence will keep her there if she decides to make a break for it :lol2: Dogs and fences are a good combination. Add supervision to it and you have a safe and secure pup :)

Does your Hubby still do Ham radio at all?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts