Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She's so funny. When I look at her when I'm eating something she will be drooling and there is a puddle on the floor.

I took these other day when she was watching my son eat a hotdog.

It starts out as a dribble.

It gets bigger.

And bigger.

Then it turns into full blown nastiness.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I love your sons look. I hate the drool puddles. I don't like getting stared at either. Atleast she didn't wipe it on him. :D

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Or did she?

·
Doberman lover
72 Posts
OMG - too funny! All my dobies have been huge droolers - we are talking puddles. The only good thing about a dobie drool vs other types of dogs is that dobie drool is clear and clean - not foamy or heavy.

Way too funny that you got this on film. Love it!!!!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
DobieDiver said:
The only good thing about a dobie drool vs other types of dogs is that dobie drool is clear and clean - not foamy or heavy.
Isn't that the truth. My sisters Saint will get nice and frothy. Once you see that one start, everyone runs. Her favorite thing to do is shake her head and spray you down.

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
I just thought Bouviers were bad with their beards Buddy has them beat when he drinks water he puts his nose under the water when he drinks? Then when he lifts his head the water runs every where?
Patches mom

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
There goes the "regal, dignified Doberman" reputation.

Mensa will drool onto my lap when we pull up to a drive-thru fast-food window because once in a while they give her something.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Classic Dobie drool has to be witnessed to be believed!!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Those pictures are too cute! I love your son's face, he's like "it's all mine" LOL

I have never seen Orson drool. I only leave him in a sit stay in front of his food for a few minutes while I am preparing phoebe's bowl. Our dining room and living room is one open space, and he must go lay in the living room while we eat. He can see us, but he doesn't drool. Hmmmmm, maybe my cooking isn't that tempting?? LOL

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Rudi only drools at the dog park. I have made it a point not to give him people food.......if i do, it goes in his bowl, not from my hand. Only dog biscuits are given by hand.
The first year I had him, all he would do is stand and stare at me. Sit and stare at me. Lay and stare at me. It was kind of weird, because I thought it was creepy. Now I just think maybe he was thinking, "Is she going to dump or neglect me, too?" Poor guy. Nw he watches me........but there are few staring contests between us anymore!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
lol Duchess is amazed by the drool at dog class in the summer....if the other dogs are hot...and they drool...when she finds some drool she looks at it, stares at it, smells it, and then must be thinking like hmmmm where does this stuff come from??? and looks around at the other dogs...I think she has caught on. lol.
She never drools

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
When we were narrowing down which type of breed we were going to get, one of the top criteria was 'no drooling'. Java will get a bit foamy at the lower jaw if she's staring at us while we are eating, but never really drools. Can't say the same about the trail she leaves when she has a long drink of water - the droplets go on for about 20'!!

·
Registered
821 Posts
My friends Mastiff's give new meaning to the word DROOLLLLLLL!!!!!!! She calls the drool shoestrings and believe me they are that long. Oh and you should have to pour out her water buckets, it's disgusting, there is a pile of slime in the bottom of the buckets. If Gaston and them are playing he has to drink out of the bucket first because if they do he won't even consider taking a sip with what they deposit during their drink.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I tried a "drooly" test this morning (a few minutes ago really) and she doesn't do it :( I guess that is a good thing hah. All she did was sniff the bacon aroma and wiggled her head like a cobra snake trying to take it all in.

She is a hoot...I am literally sitting across the room 10ft from the kitchen.. I can totally hear the microwave *beep*. Yet she thinks I am so hard of hearing, she has to run to me and let me know by tapping my knee everytime the microwave does a *beep*. Teenagers ::sigh:: lol It's not like she is getting a piece of my microwaved bacon!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
That is so cute, your little boy is a cutie pie!

Da'Kari doesn't drool and the only time that Nash did was when I was preparing his food and he was in his sit/stay while I was preparing it but he never drooled when he watched me eat.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts