Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been into the doberman breed for 5 years and been trying to search for the excellent breeder. I was wondering if Breeder of Dobermans, Over 30 years. Canadian Kennel Club Registered. is a good one? I've seen much feedback on other fourms so I'm hoping you guys could help me. I'm in Ontario so if you guys have a different opinion, please let me know.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Strays, not Stays, IIRC :p

Also, I do seem to recall this particular breeder has a habit of making accounts here and posting in an argumentative, disruptive manner.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hm.. do any of you know who has bought one from them?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Nah, I don't want to falsely accuse a newbie and it's generic enough to maybe be a coincidence? It is a lil odd though.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What? I'm just a 19 year old from Timmins and assumed to be a hated breeder?
Anyways... all I'm looking for is the perfect breeder to look into. If you guys know of any breeders within Ontario, let me know! I've been bookmarking their sites.

·
Registered
397 Posts
What? I'm just a 19 year old from Timmins and assumed to be a hated breeder?
Anyways... all I'm looking for is the perfect breeder to look into. If you guys know of any breeders within Ontario, let me know! I've been bookmarking their sites.
I found one of the best things I'd do when researching was find a doberman breeder and google them. I'd usually put "breeder name" + dobermantalk in the google search bar.
That'll give you some posts that have come up on them on this forum. It's a place to start.

Anyway, regarding the breeder you're mentioning: I've never read anything that would make me want to buy from them. Also - I hate that they're marketing the breed as an intimidating/tough "woman's best friend" sort of way (watch the pictures on their website.. you'll see what I am referring to). Seems like a cheesy/lame way of marketing their dogs.

Try this link to another thread (compliments of Deathmetal once again lol):

http://www.dobermantalk.com/breeding-breeders/60681-looking-reputable-breeder-ontario-canada.html#post988779

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Strays has a very bad rep, They just produce dogs. They dont do anything to prove their dogs worthy of reproducing. Buy from a breeder that does more with their dogs then just breed them to better their lives. Having multi litters does not make them any more knowledgeable in the breed then someone who has a litter now and then.. Its what you do with your dogs over the yrs that counts and what you've learned along the way ;-)
Good luck on your puppy search ;-)

·
Take my Dobe, please!
2,566 Posts
I found one of the best things I'd do when researching was find a doberman breeder and google them. I'd usually put "breeder name" + dobermantalk in the google search bar.
That'll give you some posts that have come up on them on this forum. It's a place to start. {snip}
Another handy hint: contact rescue groups that serve the area where the breeder lives. They'll let you know if (or, how often) they're called in to clean up that breeder's messes.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I have a male who's sire is a Strays "stud". With 5 years experience raising and living with my boy I can highly recommend staying away from any puppy they breed. Save your time and go to an ethical breeder who can match you with a dog that suits your life style and one that is temperamentally sound.

Your doberman puppy will be with you many, many years. Don't take a few weeks or months to decide which breeder will provide you with your furever friend.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts