Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
nutsaboutmydobes
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The day I feared has arrived. Homer started coughing last night. Hubby sat up all night with him & we were off to the vets first thing this morning. His Frusemide has been upped from 160mg spread out over twice a day to 180mg spread out over 3 times a day. It can be upped a bit more if he doesn't respond on that dosage but he's getting near the limit of what he can have.:( In the meantime we battle on.
We're keeping everything crossed that our brave boy responds well.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Fingers crossed! Our breakthrough last night came this am. I thought I was going to be calling vet back for that last call but found Zeus sleeping on his side!! I was thrilled! Hunny said he ate a 'little' more then last nite and we ledft his food out for him so hopefully it will appeal to him and he will finish it.

·
nutsaboutmydobes
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone. He was very restless this morning but he's more comfortable now. Hopefully we can stop him coughing, it breaks my heart to see him like this. Will update tomorrow on how he's doing.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Thinking of you guys. Hope he can get stabilized and get some comfort and relief.

Big vibes for you all.

Reactions: gazzyv and JobeyV

·
Registered
444 Posts
Prayers that Homer will feel better soon. I know how heartbreaking this disease is! Just give him all the love you can while you still have him!! My heart is breaking for you!

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear your boy's symptoms have worsened. Praying the meds will work and give him relief.:kiss:

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Prayers to you and your boy from Kansas City , too.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm glad he is feeling better! You guys are in my thoughts.

·
nutsaboutmydobes
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quick update. It's been 3 days now & not one cough.:nicejob: We've been lucky so far that he's been so stable, but we know we're on borrowed time. His quality of life is still good though & that's what matters most. He's not ready to let this damned disease take him from the people who love him the most just yet & neither are we.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts