Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I just can't find a name that jumps out- you know, name me THIS! Berlin, Callie and Quinn were top contenders, but all seem 'eh' now. (ontop of noticing we have a Berlin on here!) Shes a black and tan girl, if that helps any. Pictures are in my previous thread.. I think I've photobombed enough for tonight ;)

Reactions: *Wrigley*

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,416 Posts
Do you have a theme? Or a particular sound/number of syllables you want the name to have? Is there a personality characteristic that seems to stand out in her?

I usually try to narrow it down by answering questions like that, and then start browsing the web--dictionary, thesaurus, baby name lists, perhaps a relevant subject matter--one thing leads to another and then a name pops up.

Of course, you can always just wait, and then she will always be sweet petunia or honey bunny or something like that no matter what her formal name becomes.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as defining characteristics.. shes soo so very mellow. Very laid back sweet thing :) I've scoured the baby names sites to no avail. Maybe I can just give her one and she'll grow into it :rolleyesww:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I love human names for dogs. Plain ones. Boys names are easier for me ha. Maybe: Molly, Betty ( I plan on Betsy as in betsy ross but feel free to use), Maeve, Irma... People are either hit or miss with my choices lol.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love human names for dogs. We have a Shiba named Jasper and our cat's name is Henry. :) I had the easiest time coming up with boy names, and low and behold, this litter was 7 females. Thanks for the link Melbrod, I'm looking there now :)

Reactions: melbrod

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL! Now THAT is a theme I'm going to stay well away from!

Reactions: A_LECO314

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
You were describing her as beautiful, etc and Rose popped into my mind. Hope, Ivey Lindsey,Kennedy, Kelly, Josie...I like going thru phone book and picking out last names till something fits.:) Note my boys name, Parker. :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
I I'm really into Greek and Norse mythology for dog names. Odin (Norse), my next dog will be female and her name will be Athena.

I like the names "Eos" who is the goddess of dawn. So my vote Is for the name "Dawn" :)

·
Super Moderator
21,983 Posts
Floral names can be fun and kind of "old fashioned" human names. Iris. Violet. Juniper (June). Rose. Dahlia. Peony. Jasmine.

Reactions: longshot4me

·
Got mutt?
13,838 Posts
Hey LindaH, did you know that in the original Gealic, Kennedy means "ugly headed" or "helmet headed"? A couple of years before I got Ilka, I was thinking about adopting a pit mix with a horrible home crop job, and naming her Kennedy, because of the original meaning of the name.

OP, I tend to find that eventually, the right name pops out, usually when you least expect it to.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Help! I just can't find a name that jumps out- you know, name me THIS! Berlin, Callie and Quinn were top contenders, but all seem 'eh' now. (ontop of noticing we have a Berlin on here!) Shes a black and tan girl, if that helps any. Pictures are in my previous thread.. I think I've photobombed enough for tonight ;)
When I first saw her and read that you were thinking quinn I thought it was perfect for her sweet little face! But regardless I love this site for names, you can search by category (russian, flowers, floral,geographic, celtic etc...), by sex, starting letter, phonetic, random...
Theres just so many options to narrow it down, and it has so many names I have always been able to find one that was beautiful and not as original or common as well :)

Official Baby Name Guide | Boy Baby Names and Baby Girl Names

Reactions: longshot4me
1 - 20 of 21 Posts