41 - 60 of 266 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,150 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
That’s so awesome, thanks LD for all the helpful info.

The yelping seems to work!! He just nipped my forearm and I yelped loudly and he looked startled and then rested his chin on my arm as if to say sorry!

Will teach my daughter the rules later so hopefully she can use this technique too.

Brilliant, thanks so much :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
24,864 Posts
Dagnabbit...you keep posting those pictures and then I'm gonna love the lummox too. And then what am i supposed to do? Travel to England??

Any idea what the price of plane tickets are these days?

Sleeping puppers are so dang cute.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
We have just met a man who is a show judge for Great Danes, Boxers and Dobies.....he said Axel is the best example of a Doberman he has EVER seen in the UK!!!

Proud DoberMum moment :-D

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Dagnabbit...you keep posting those pictures and then I'm gonna love the lummox too. And then what am i supposed to do? Travel to England??

Any idea what the price of plane tickets are these days?

Sleeping puppers are so dang cute.

Where would you be travelling from?! Lol! You can pick up tickets relatively cheap these days hehehehe!

·
Premium Member
6,832 Posts
Hey...sitting here listening to a mandatory work webinar!!!!!! Boring !!!!!!!

In preparation of you leaving the house for work at times ......good idea to crate.......be gone for about 30 minutes or so and return..........leave and return......leave and return .............
Axel will learn ...ok...she leaves BUT then she returns...........

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
We have had 3 hours of puppy training today and Axel is no longer using his mouth on us, walking nicely on a lead and isn’t barking at everything anymore!
Poor boy doesn’t know what’s hit him lol.....he has realised there are rules!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,832 Posts
I just started clicker training this week with Hoss............something different.
So far I am just loving it.........
Started a thread this AM to document my daily exercises and progress with Hoss .............actually walked him this AM and he kept his eyes on me .....versus looking for the CATS !!!!!!
Yeah!!!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I just started clicker training this week with Hoss............something different.

So far I am just loving it.........

Started a thread this AM to document my daily exercises and progress with Hoss .............actually walked him this AM and he kept his eyes on me .....versus looking for the CATS !!!!!!

Yeah!!!!

Awesome!! We have 3 more sessions booked and I can’t wait to see his progress :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Looks like he’s coming along nicely! And he sure is handsome ❤. Good work momma!

A couple suggestions for you....if you are planning on using a clicker, use that to mark the behavior, you say sit his butt hits the ground click good boy treat, if not using a clicker (I dont), use a word to mark the behavior, I use YES in a happy tone. Same concept, you say sit his butt hits the ground say yes and treat. Othis way you can mark the exact behavior you want and will be helpful as you continue to train him. Also, I suggest using a word to release him. Sit means sit, not sit get a treat and get up, IMO. Obviously with young pups that’s exactly what they are going to do but you can mark the release by saying okay or free as soon as he gets up and then over time try to lengthen the time his butt is on the ground before releasing him, if he gets up before he’s released an ah ah sit, butt hits the ground, yes. You can use this with all the commands. He’s a smart boy he’ll pick up on it quick.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
We have “sit” and “wait” sorted and he only moves when we say “go on then”......as long as we don’t leave it too long, he is only just starting to learn so we don’t want to be too harsh.
We have only been using praise and that seems to be working.....although we have treats and clickers at the ready!

·
Premium Member
8,745 Posts
Louise -- How about some more video's ! I like to hear you talk :grin2::grin2:

Sounds like Axle is coming right along - Did you have ? what ? 3 different puppy classes in one day ??

Have a great day or I should say evening :grin2:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Louise -- How about some more video's ! I like to hear you talk :grin2::grin2:

Sounds like Axle is coming right along - Did you have ? what ? 3 different puppy classes in one day ??

Have a great day or I should say evening :grin2:

Haha my voice sounds daft on videos

Although I did shoot this short one of the lunatic galloping around the garden yesterday

It was a 3 hour intensive class at our house this morning

41 - 60 of 266 Posts