Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I'm getting scared here.....my once fairly calm playful, obedient Dobie puppy has turned into a massive insane DOG! Ok now if finding him on the Dining room table yesterday wasn't enough....how about watching your son and him playing hide and seek around the kitchen island....which has been done hundreds of times in the last 6 months....suddenly the game has changed....Petey seems sick of always losing....decides that JUMPING ON TOP OF THE KITCHEN ISLAND will help his odds of winning....talk about SMART! Too bad there was chips, salsa, drinks etc to foil his plans! I about feel over and died when I saw him leaping up....and my poor visitor....I think she is thankful her son will be in Europe for the Summer so he can be away from our Insane Doberman! Will I survive this stage?????

Carol & Petey!
ox

·
Premium Member
10,537 Posts
OMG Carol that is too funny! LOL

What a crazy bunch of boys you have :p

Reactions: Luvbirds

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Oh lordy! LOL, that must have been quite a sight!

There was a time when Orson was about 4-6 months old where I thought he was trained and that was that. ROFL!! YA RIGHT........then came the "teen age" Orson *rolls eyes* I do believe he started out the teen phase by ripping up the family room couch just to have the stuffing flying around! That was around 7-8 months of age...........um, the age Petey is right now! hahahaahaha. The good news is at 14 months, he is starting to come out of it a little, and I do see light at the end of the tunnel :)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
LOL.... that is so funny Carol.....the images that you have now placed in my mind are hilarious!!!

I am 100% sure you will survive - your fixtures, fittings and furnishings on the other had may be a different story!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thankfully.....my house is already trashed from my 4 sons and their hundreds of friends that hang out here. My oldest son turned 20 this week...so I have only 3 teenagers....but I guess now....PETEY HAS ENTERED THE TEENS! YIKES! I can see now why some on here suggest you wait a few years to get another puppy....because one male doberman puppy needs 100% of your time and attention to be properly trained and exorcized!

I hope that I don't have any new stories for a day or two....actually I'm going away over night....this is not good....I could come home to a disaster!

Carol

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Too funny! I had a boy that jump on our kitchen table to get a better look at a squirrel outside, the only problem was the table was about 50+ years old; I had visions of the legs collapsing with him on it. I carefully, as not to startle him, approached slowly and lifted all 80# of him off the table, then LMAO!!! Where is the video camera when you need it???

·
Registered
954 Posts
Too funny! Thanks for the laugh. We had an episode of dinning room table hopping when Lena was a pup. I'm so glad she hasn't found the need to put all four feet on the kitchen counter.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Haha!! ******* kinda went through the same type of behaviour for awhile. I felt like pulling out my hair sometimes. I truly believe this breed thinks things out and looks at the best way of doing something...amazing!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Ok, that is HILARIOUS. If it is any consolation my pitbull jumped on the dining room chair once in the middle of having company over for dinner and just sat down like it was a normal thing to do.....I was lmao.....I am not so sure my guests felt the same way, but I think it is so funny when dogs do things like that. Petey sounds like the funniest dog, I love it!!!

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
I don't remember Isabelle jumping up on any tables or kitchen islands. . .Petey is too funny - I think we need a video of him in action :)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Haha! Where are these vids? We need to see this entertainment, I mean craziness so we can laugh...errrr...comfort you better.

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yesterday while out hiking with my faithful sidekick....we stopped at the pond for a swim, and there were two male dogs there, a Boxer and a Labradoodle. They were pretty friendly, but definitely wanted Petey to know they were dominant over him. He was swimming with them, and running around playing and at one point they both started chasing him...and he ran to "hide" under my legs.....well he took me out! I flipped up in the air and landed flat on my ass with my legs hanging over him. The two men who owned the dogs couldn't help but chuckle as they asked me if I was ok! Embarrassed but ok....the fun just keeps going with my handful and a half!

Carol & Petey!
ox

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.