Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What an amazing week this has been!
The event was run and organized at a level worthy of being called a national. It was truly elite, and most welcoming to participants and spectators. The venue was absolutely gorgeous, the schedule well run - no detail forgotten. The high attendance reflected that - I couldn't have asked better for my first time at a national and I know it set a high bar lol.

I had a very good week at the National although it started off with a bit of a scare. I drove in Monday night. Tuesday morning participant checkin was early so I was up accordingly. Elsa decided she could do anything including fly and leaped off a 2 storey balcony. My soul evaporated from my body as she disappeared from view and I heard a thud but no yelp. For half a second I thought she had broken her neck and was gone. Then I hear someone yelling their dog's name repeatedly, I peer over and see Elsa antagonizing the other bitch before joyriding like an escaped felon.

I ran down, called her and she hopped into the car crate without a hitch. I later took her out and she was bouncing about as per usual strutting her stuff... seemed sound and decided to run her through the Adult Temperament Test and keep her in the first confo show. She went on to earn her ATT with a pronounced rating for protection and her first Excellent rating in confo along with her first CC under Ed Hall.

The next day she obtained another excellent rating and a second CC under Estelle Corr... I thought we might get a clean sweep on day 3 (and was hoping she'd get the 3rd CC needed for her UDC Championship) but sadly judge Nancy Barrett only gave her a Very Good rating.

Nevertheless, Elsa's littermate and her co-owner arrived later that day and on Thursday both girls earned their CGC! Friday was the big day, start of the IGP trial and the BH flights. Polly was entered to redo her BH because while she already had earned it in December it was UScA meaning it would not be recognized for any future UDC events. Since Elizabeth was coming up anyway, she decided she may as well redo it (ballsier than I am doing it at a National Championship event!) and she passed her obedience portion, temperament portion AND earned her Working Aptitude Certificate all in a day's work. Elsa also earned her WAC so all in all both Elsa and her sister "Anna" got what they came for ;)

I also had a wonderful lesson about breeding, handling and genetics with Jacque @Kansadobe which was a real delight. I've got some new reading material to look up!

Elsa is now GCH Themiscyra's Step Into Your Power CSAU CGC TT ATT WAC
Polly is now Themiscyra's Act of True Love BH-VT CGC WAC

A few pictures:

Beautiful Polly free-stacking (yes I will convince Elizabeth to enter her in Confo at next year's Championship!)
Sky Cloud Dog Dobermann Car

Polly with all her awards
Plant Dog Carnivore Dog breed Working animal

Polly and Elizabeth hitting the field for the Obedience portion of the BH
Dog Vertebrate Plant Sky Carnivore

Sky People in nature Fog Gesture Atmospheric phenomenon

Elsa celebrating with me after the ATT
Sky Cloud Plant Tree People in nature

Elsa free stacking for me during confo
Dog Dobermann Carnivore Dog breed Grass

Elsa, Polly, Elizabeth and I with our WAC ribbons
Sky Dog Plant Cloud Dog breed

Not too shabby for a first time breeder's 'test' litter eh?
There will be many more photos as they roll in from the event photographer and I go through my stuff. I'll also share the videos of the WAE as I got both girls recorded!

·
joie de vivre
11,391 Posts
Congratulations!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
29,840 Posts
Way to go! Sounds like a wonderful week.

I'm glad your flying dog came through all right. We always talk about flying nun ears--it's good her test flight was successful.

·
Super Moderator
23,264 Posts
Way to go!

Reactions: LadyDi and Artemis

·
Got mutt?
Leo, Lily, and Simon
14,768 Posts
Congratulations!

Reactions: LadyDi and Artemis

·
Pro Snake Wiggler
2,325 Posts
Elsa was just trying to reinact that one scene from the movies, and she always does her own stunts! 🤣
Even though I wasn't able to go this year despite the close proximity (and I think the wound of losing Creed still too fresh) I'm glad I was able to hang out with you briefly during one of your long drives! It was wonderful to catch up in person and to meet Elsa.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everyone! It hasn't fully sank in yet. What a joy to see my friends and their successes as well as enjoying my own!
I can hardly believe Elsa and Polly are only just 2 years old, puts things in perspective about how they're only just beginning - and looks like the future is bright!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts