Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all for your kind words when Alex had his operation. He is doing much better and today he lifted his leg halfway to pee.
Vet saw him this past Monday and said his recovery was excellent given the fact that he was tetraplegic only 4 weeks ago when he removed the sutures. Acupuncture worked great and we went 4 times, but the underwater treadmill was a big NO :stop: for him, he just didn't like or take to it and vet said she never had a dog react the way he did. I don't let him walk anywhere without his little fleece-lined harness. He is used to it now and it helps me hold him up if he loses his footing or slips. I notice when he does not fall it builds his confidence and makes him less scared. I am going to buy another one for Suzy, no more leash walks for her. And it will double as a car seatbelt.
It is comforting coming here knowing that you all love your dogs as much as we do and a doubly so since they are mostly Dobermans.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Glad to hear everything is going well.:):)

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
It's really funny because I feel like I know everyone here, and your dogs! It is really comforting to have this group, and I am glad that your dober-dude is improving. :) GET WELL SOON ALEX :D

·
Premium Member
8,861 Posts
glad to hear you are making good progress towards recovery. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts