Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New member, my names Matt and this is my Doberman Bane.

Been reading here for probably 2 years off and on as I searched for a puppy.
Well after the wait, got this beautiful boy. Who is now 11 weeks old.
Reading here has already saved me a ton of worries and stress.

Read some great tips on posting.
Learned alittle rice, chicken and pumpkin can help on the food switch.
Learned ear postings shrink if wet and probably could name another 50 things.

Thanks everyone so far and nice to meet yah.

Dog Shorts Dog breed Plant Sky

Dog Tartan Comfort Dog breed Carnivore

Dog Shopping cart Product Dog breed Pet supply

Dog Dog breed Collar Carnivore Wood

Hand Dog Beard Carnivore Ear

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the love guys.
The ears definitely are coming along so good. Really couldn’t have done it without you all.

He hasn’t had his second shots yet but trying to socialize him as much as possible so he comes basically everywhere but doesn’t get to walk around.

Few more puppy pics because who doesn’t love puppy pics.

Tire Automotive tire Bag Vehicle Grass

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Sky

Tire Working animal Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome from Canada!

He is so cute!! But watch out for these boys. They are sweet but naughty sometimes.

Take it from me. I have a 3.5 year old boy named Sugar 😉🫣
Already seeing the naughtiness.

it’s wild how much like a baby he is, gets whiny when he doesn’t get his naps and starts tearing up the world if he doesn’t get exercise.

this weeks come second shots and then we can go play in the park at the end of my street. Can’t wait, I think we’re both sick of the backyard 😂

·
Super Moderator
23,363 Posts
Welcome! What a cute pup!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Matt:
Count me in as others on DT have in extending a welcome to you and Bane. Very good looking pup ..... very nice crop.

Not to make light of an observation yet something worth discussing. Bane is already expressing innocent 'Dobe-moxie' as indicated by the scruff-back-of-the-neck 'bite' to his toy lamb as revealed in one of the photos. I offer one caveat in good faith regarding the toy that he has seized and gripped in his mouth ......”if the toy is constructed of a destructible soft plushy fabric and cotton or foam filled then without supervision your pup will eventually tear it up and could/most likely will ingest the torn remnants”. Bad news if it advances to that stage.

I personally with any of my Dobermans never allow soft plushy toys for the reason stated above plus habitual exposure to animal resembling toys — as would be with a favourite animal toy — imprints negative connotations towards real life versions of the mock toys and possible resource guarding. For the relief of the need to bite as is necessary in teething puppies I prefer soft yet durable linen bite rolls under supervision of tug games channeled towards the tug being the reward for compliance of simple basic obedience commands of sit, stay, down and recall here.

BTW I like the bungee cord concept as a leash restraint in a young pup as it acts as a softening buffer when the exuberant pup hits the end of the restraint. If need be in your park excursion then a long line attached to the bungee allows ample yardage for the pup to explore. Needless to write is that the bungee when used as a leash in proximity of an environmental danger or another dog offers no immediate limited restraint.

Hopefully the park that you frequent is not an unregulated dog park. One bad bullying episode as is common in such parks will imprint a pup for life with little hope of undoing the harmful experience. From now until the end of 16 weeks — scientifically ecology proven via Pfaffenberger — is the most formative period of learning that remains for life. The memory slate is clean therefore to muddy the slate is an injustice to a young pup. Simply offering a heads up and no insinuation.

Anyway, I apologize for sounding 'ogre-like' regarding restricting some toys as my intent is to merely provide a heads up in something innocently and inadvertently overlooked.

Have fun with Bane and best of wishes on your many years journey with Bane and hopefully you too will become a lifetime devotee to this magnificent breed that many here on DT are dedicated to..........oh yeah, the part about Bane needing tons of exercise lest he drives you bonkers? ......then etch that one in stone and let it become a daily reminder at breakfast, lunch and dinner and countless times in between.
In the common bond of Dobermans .....Mike

1 - 20 of 68 Posts