Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Dedicated DoberFan
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a long time since I've been able to brag about anything; and it's probably been almost equally as long since I've posted any picture of Thakoon, now 4 years old and in the prime of his life. :)

Our first show since last summer was this past weekend; just a small show, but a nice win and huge confidence boost! Thakoon won Best of Breed under Judge Lynn Storeshaw for two points. I won't call it what it's not though; there were no specials entered that day :eek: But wow.... I was so happy with this win, and it was very exciting to have a chance to take him into the group myself, and be in there with the big kids! We still have a challenging road ahead, but this was a much needed spark to kick of this summer's island show season in a positive way! I'm pretty happy with the way the win pic turned out too :)

·
terriorist entertainer
2,404 Posts
He's a very good looking boy! Congratulations!

Reactions: Megs

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Congratulations on the BOB!! Nice win photo!! :)

Jan

·
Strong Ears
174 Posts
Congratulations to Thakoon and to you! He's a nice looking dog with smooth shoulders on the sides and good layback! It's a great start! Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Love them Braebrook dogs!
Congrats!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Congrats on your win!!!

·
joie de vivre
11,277 Posts
Congratulations!!!!

·
formerly eventermal
3,498 Posts
Congratulations!!!!

·
Dedicated DoberFan
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you so much, everyone! It's been such a slow-go for us, this conformation thing; so much to learn and put into action. I'm still determined to do it on my own, and I think we might just be able to get there if we keep persevering! We are having fun. Next show is not until August 4th, so we'll be focusing on training and conditioning until then. Hopefully more good news to share at that time. :)

·
Registered
841 Posts
Congratulations on a well deserved win!!

It's so impressive that you handled him yourself, he's a lovely boy and clearly you do a great job handling him. I'm looking forward to seeing many more win pictures in the near future!

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Congrats!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts