Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Zelda and a few others work directly with rescues here SO i figured id post on here im considering opening my home to a rescue dog any breed not just dobies I love GSD's and dobies and Malionios any breed that is similar I like large dogs and can only take females so if you know of a girl looking to be loved let me know.

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
Are you looking to foster or to adopt?

Is your male currently neutered?

The rescue I volunteer with, HADR, requires that all existing pets in the home be spayed/neutered before home visits are even done.

Have you considered volunteering? Sometimes it helps ease the heart ache of losing a dog without requiring a lot of commitment. Most rescues need help outside of fostering (but we need fosters too). IE: foster coordinators, intake, application review/home visits, reference checks, transport, photos of dogs currently in the program, etc.

What city are you in? Maybe one of us can point you toward a group that's local to you.

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Dobie is also right about the speuter thing but if you prove yourself as a responsible owner of an intact pet, generally it's not a problem, you just obviously wouldn't adopt an intact dog. I've fostered many dogs with Prime but the rescues know i am very responsible and trust me. Of cours this has been years of built up trust though.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I just talked to the fiance he is not on board with adopting. He told me he would rather buy a puppy that I can show like I want so i can be truly happy. He said maybe in the future we could foster or adopt so I guess im not going down the rescue path right now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts