Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Lil Devil
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm new to DT and still trying to learn how to navigate through this site. Well, I've been looking for a European Doberman for some time but can't seem to find any that I like. Personally, I prefer the looks and build of a Euro. I'm not new to the Doberman breed. Also I am in the US, California specifically. I'd like to know where I can get a well bred Euro in the US? I do like the looks of the Dobes on the site below.

texaseurodobermans - Texas Euro Dobermans -- Home

·
Super Moderator
15,472 Posts
You will really not find reputable breeders in the us breeding show line European dogs. The reason being there is no where for Euro show dogs to be shown and titled here, so breeders can't really achieve anything by breeding them- they would only be breeding pets (which is a no-no). You may have some luck looking for a working dog breeder who uses show line Euro dogs in their breeding program, but again, if you want good European showline conformation I doubt you will find what you want there either. Working dogs are often small and athletic in build and not many have good show conformation.

Unfortunately there are tons of Euro "greeders" out there trying to make a quick buck off you, so beware! My suggestion is to go to a reputable AKC show breeder instead, one who's breeding a line who's type is more aligned with your preferences.

·
Lil Devil
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will really not find reputable breeders in the us breeding show line European dogs. The reason being there is no where for Euro show dogs to be shown and titled here, so breeders can't really achieve anything by breeding them- they would only be breeding pets (which is a no-no). You may have some luck looking for a working dog breeder who uses show line Euro dogs in their breeding program, but again, if you want good European showline conformation I doubt you will find what you want there either. Working dogs are often small and athletic in build and not many have good show conformation.

Unfortunately there are tons of Euro "greeders" out there trying to make a quick buck off you, so beware! My suggestion is to go to a reputable AKC show breeder instead, one who's breeding a line who's type is more aligned with your preferences.
Do you have any good breeders you'd recommend? I am looking for a pet, but will like him to obtain a therapy certificate later on. If I can't get one from the US, I have thought about importimg from Cleas Canis or Izrafel. Any thoughts about them?

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
There's Adlercrest in California. Adlercrest Dobermanns

And Von Luka. von Luka Dobermanns - News

Landgraf is in VA. They're a top breeder of euro dogs. vom Landgraf

I don't know of any good euro breeders in TX. Be careful as there are a slew of sorry breeder breeding euro dogs that really have no idea what they're doing. They just buy one or two euro dogs, slap them together and have puppies with no idea what they're producing thou they will make a novice think they do. They talk the talk, but don't walk the walk.

Oh, there's Masaya in Ky and another that I can't remember the name of right now. http://www.masayadobermans.com/

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
There's Adlercrest in California. Adlercrest Dobermanns

And Von Luka. von Luka Dobermanns - News

Landgraf is in VA. They're a top breeder of euro dogs. vom Landgraf

I don't know of any good euro breeders in TX. Be careful as there are a slew of sorry breeder breeding euro dogs that really have no idea what they're doing. They just buy one or two euro dogs, slap them together and have puppies with no idea what they're producing thou they will make a novice think they do. They talk the talk, but don't walk the walk.

Oh, there's Masaya in Ky and another that I can't remember the name of right now. Masaya Dobermans
Wendy Schmidt of Landgraaf is not in Virginia but is in California.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
You will really not find reputable breeders in the us breeding show line European dogs. The reason being there is no where for Euro show dogs to be shown and titled here, so breeders can't really achieve anything by breeding them- .
I think this is kind of a gross over-generalization. There are people in the USA who breed Euro show lines because they prefer the look. Kansa Dobes, is one that comes to mind. There are others as well. Some of them are doing the needed health testing and may even be titling their dogs in working venues and doing conformation showing in the UDC. The United Doberman Club website would be a good starting point.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Hi, I'm new to DT and still trying to learn how to navigate through this site. Well, I've been looking for a European Doberman for some time but can't seem to find any that I like. Personally, I prefer the looks and build of a Euro. I'm not new to the Doberman breed. Also I am in the US, California specifically. I'd like to know where I can get a well bred Euro in the US? I do like the looks of the Dobes on the site below.

texaseurodobermans - Texas Euro Dobermans -- Home
I couldn't get past the copyright theft and plagiarism, plus the huge, giant load of bullcrap on this linked page.

That alone would be a good enough indicator of poor character to inform me I'm not at all interested in purchasing anything from those folks.

·
Banned
154 Posts
I couldn't get past the copyright theft and plagiarism, plus the huge, giant load of bullcrap on this linked page.

That alone would be a good enough indicator of poor character to inform me I'm not at all interested in purchasing anything from those folks.
I'm pretty sure they stated that they're NOT breeders.

This is supposed to be an informational site only - whether the info is correct or not, may be another story...

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts