Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking for a doberman puppy male or female near Conroe, TX. All I am able to find are backyard breeders in Houston and it is not what I am looking for. If anyone has any breeders located near the Houston area I would greatly appreciate it! :)

·
Super Moderator
15,461 Posts
If you do an advance search in this forum with "Texas" or "Houston" in the title of the threads you will come up with a lot of topics. Read through the stickies and the public education and breeder referral pages on the DPCA.org website for more leads too.

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
I don't know of any reputable breeders that don't show. And thus, they don't breed for "non showing dogs".

Show breeders, in general, almost always have pet puppies in their litters.

Here's a link to the DPCA Breeder Referral list. Not all breeders listed here would be considered reputable so always do your homework.
DPCA | The Doberman | Breeder Referral

·
Got mutt?
13,764 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
What do you mean by "Non Showing Dogs"? As Dobiewan stated, just because a breeder shows does not mean all of their puppies will go to show homes. There usually are several in a litter that go to pet homes.

The only other way you would get a NON show, NON byb dog would be maybe if you mean working line dog? Otherwise, if they don't show/title you can pretty much chuck them into that BYB column and move along in your search.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Their are 3 main types of breeders show, working and byb. The 1st 2 will have titles of some kind (what titles matter is up to you and your goals with the puppy) and they will have health testing. Both breeders will have dogs that will go to just pet homes. Someone already gave some great breeders in your area to start looking at. Take a look at some of the post on the right way to raise a litter. It is a lot of work. My puppy was well on his way of being house train by the time I picked him up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts