Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
sweep the leg
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello DT Forum! I am new to the site and so excited to have found such a phenomenal resource!!

We are adopting our first Doberman this year after a 3 year search for the perfect dog breed for us. We have narrowed our search to these TX breeders based off the DPCA's list in our area: Sunburg, Rhapsody, Merrimac and Sunking. I have researched all on this site and have found many positive comments on Rhapsody, Merrimac and Sunburg. Judy King at Sunking has the least information out there - no website and not much written about her in here. But she has been very responsive to my emails and has readily invited me to her home - a great sign! She is also the closest out of my preferred breeders.

I will be visiting her soon but wanted to throw it out to the forum - is anyone familiar with her program? I deeply appreciate any additional guidance you have to offer. Thanks!!! :) Hilary

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,465 Posts
Our Spock is a Sunking dobe, born Mar 8, 2010. I will PM you with further comments about breeder.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Member Tperkins ownes Sunking's Through the Rocks aka Rocko. I bumped a thread with a post from him on page 4. Thread is "Alex Babies and Grandbabies" in the Puppy forum. You might pm Tperkins for his experience and opinion. ///// I own a Sunburg boy and am quite happy with him. I bought Parker before Joanne bred to the South American lines tho. Joanne is honest, she will answer any questions you might have about her dogs or puppies.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I've not heard of Sunking so I'm glad that someone here on the forums has a dog from them.

I have a Rhapsody boy and I could not be happier with him or his breeder.

·
sweep the leg
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Member Tperkins ownes Sunking's Through the Rocks aka Rocko. I bumped a thread with a post from him on page 4. Thread is "Alex Babies and Grandbabies" in the Puppy forum. You might pm Tperkins for his experience and opinion. ///// I own a Sunburg boy and am quite happy with him. I bought Parker before Joanne bred to the South American lines tho. Joanne is honest, she will answer any questions you might have about her dogs or puppies.
Great, I will PM Tperkins! I have spoken with Joanne extensively on the phone and she was wonderful to talk to. She will be breeding this month if all goes well and we are keeping in touch. :thanx:

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Yes, Garmin, can't think of his registered name for sure, but think it's Sunburg's Street Sense, is out of Ch Trotyl the(or de) Black Shadow x Ch Olympia Canberra v Promise, Parkers mom.:) I would love to see a picture of those pups.:)

·
sweep the leg
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know Judy personally but at the last show I went to a few weeks ago, I saw two of her puppies (I think sired by Garmin?) and they were stunning.
That's next on my list - find some upcoming shows to attend!

·
formerly eventermal
3,498 Posts
That's next on my list - find some upcoming shows to attend!
Short notice, but there is one in Denton this weekend.

After there ther isnt anything until July. July 5-8 in Dallas, July 11-15 in San Antonio (yay! Close to you!), and then July 18-22 in Houston.

·
sweep the leg
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Short notice, but there is one in Denton this weekend.

After there ther isnt anything until July. July 5-8 in Dallas, July 11-15 in San Antonio (yay! Close to you!), and then July 18-22 in Houston.
Oh great - thanks! :thanx:

·
Registered
609 Posts
I'm very happy with my dog and my experience with Judy. I was honest and told her what I wanted in a dog and she gave me just that. My boy was sire by Sunburgs Street Sense "Garmin".

·
sweep the leg
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm very happy with my dog and my experience with Judy. I was honest and told her what I wanted in a dog and she gave me just that. My boy was sire by Sunburgs Street Sense "Garmin".
Thank you for getting back to me - really appreciate your endorsement!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello everyone.. I need to see if anyone can help me in my search for a breeder I came in contact in Houston at the Farm and Ranch Club early this year.. I believe her name is Sharon and she showed Dobermans as well as breed. I was given her information, but somehow misplaced it and can not fine it anywhere. She lives in Fort Worth and she also told me that her website is under Athena Dobermans, but I'm not able to find it.. Does anyone know her? I wanted to contact her for an upcoming litter. I'm so upset that I lost her contact information.. Ugh...

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
Welcome Page

Hello everyone.. I need to see if anyone can help me in my search for a breeder I came in contact in Houston at the Farm and Ranch Club early this year.. I believe her name is Sharon and she showed Dobermans as well as breed. I was given her information, but somehow misplaced it and can not fine it anywhere. She lives in Fort Worth and she also told me that her website is under Athena Dobermans, but I'm not able to find it.. Does anyone know her? I wanted to contact her for an upcoming litter. I'm so upset that I lost her contact information.. Ugh...

·
Registered
165 Posts

I have a dobe from Athena Dobermans, Roxy. I sent you a PM.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts