Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Take my Dobe, please!
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow I'm pulling an 8-year-old uncropped, docked, black male from a rural county animal control facility in south-central Texas.

He was surrendered to animal control with another male Dobe. The owners claimed they "no longer had time" for them. The other male was adopted, the black boy still needs a forever home or a foster home. He is AKC-registered and his breeders were contacted, but they are not in a position to take him back (health reasons).

He is friendly, affectionate, active and in very good health. If we didn't know he was 8, we'd think he was 5.

I have been in touch with someone who owned a full-brother to this dog (from an earlier breeding of the same parents) and he was a highly accomplished agility and obedience dog.

If you or anyone you know would like to adopt or foster this dog, please e-mail [email protected]. She can send you the applications.

Thanks!:wavey:

·
Banned
3,463 Posts
Thank you for pulling him. I am sorry, but shame on whoever his breeder is. Health issues or not, they should take some responsibility for helping to find this dog another home and pay for some of the costs associated with it. At the very least, I hope that they make a donation to the rescue that has taken responsibility for a dog that they bred and sold. It really pisses me off to hear stories like this. I really hope that this isn't one of the breeders that DT members support and consider "reputable".

Is this boy intact or neutered?

·
Take my Dobe, please!
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
{snip}At the very least, I hope that they make a donation to the rescue that has taken responsibility for a dog that they bred and sold...
:hehe: Not even a hint of a whisper on that subject passed their lips.
...I really hope that this isn't one of the breeders that DT members support and consider "reputable"...
No worries there! I've seen the full brother's pedigree and only two of the eight grandparents have any decent dogs in their pedigree--and they're at least two generations before those grandparents. The other dog, however, had Gino del Citone as either a grandsire or a great-grandsire. :eek: FWIW, he came from a nationally notorious BYB.
Is this boy intact or neutered?
Intact, but not for much longer. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts