Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I landed a gig as staff photographer for a local pet magazine so it is my job to shoot the covers(and they can only be adoptable dogs)! I was asked to photograph a Doberman for April so I didn't have to look far :)

We pulled this girl from a high kill shelter in our town. She had a grotesquely large tumor hanging from her belly area. I have never seen anything like it. The vet operated on her for 3 hours and she has been recovering just fine. Vet thinks she is around 3. Vet also thinks she might have cancer :(

Here are her pretty model shots, she was very sweet, calm, and relaxed. Took treats so nicely. I will also try and post up a shelter pic so you can see the horrible mass hanging from her!

That's all :)

·
joie de vivre
11,272 Posts
OMG.

Those pictures brought tears to my eyes. What a sweet girl. Her eyes tell so much.

I hope she finds a deserving home quickly. Please keep us updated on her.

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the shelter pic! Can you believe that huge mass?! YIKES.

btw she doesn't look like the really poorly bred dobes we usually see in rescue...I wonder if she came from a good breeder but was obviously dealt a poor hand.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Aww, what beautiful pictures Jamie!! And what a sweet looking girl - please keep us updated !

Reactions: ZeldaRules

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
First, congrats again on the new position! That's so exciting!

This girl looks beautiful and your photos have only made her shine even more! I hope that she finds her forever home very soon!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Aw, what a sweet face. Beautiful pictures. She definitely looks like she's lead a pretty rough life so far. Poor girl. :(

Reactions: ZeldaRules

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
I thought she looked older than 3 myself. But, I'm no judge. She looks like she's cranked out some litters, poor girl :( I just want to smoosh her face and give her peanut butter and love.

Congrats on your job! I'm glad their covers are only adoptable dogs, that's awesome.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Those eyes are wise and sad. Hope she finds a loving home. Great pictures by the way, even if your subject looks sooooo sad :-(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ohhh my goodness, those eyes of hers literally brought tears to mine! Great shots, if she doesn't go to a good home after that... well there's no hope for humanity. Keep us posted on this sweet thing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts