Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our house is a mess. We have been remodeling since we moved in. Kitchen is done, currently putting in wood floors (family room) and about a half dozen other smaller projects.

My wife has a reptile room that she keeps most of her critters in, except this year she had two of her female bearded dragons pregnant at the same time. So to cope with the multiple clutches I built a portable baby that we have in our remodeling staging area room (previously and in the future –the living room).

Tess snatched one of the baby bearded dragons up earlier this week and tried to play with it, the beardie didn’t make it. Tess didn’t get in trouble since she wasn’t totally supervised. Our other 5 dogs including two adult dobies, are great around the old and young reptiles, so it never even dawned on us, which in hindsight is pretty stupid.

Tess has been attending obedience classes at a local club, she is doing great so far. We haven’t learned “No touchie touchie the lizard” So until then, she isn’t allowed out of someone’s sight while inside to prevent another “snatch and go”.

Tess and what she normally "chews on"

·
Registered
411 Posts
Tess snatched one of the baby bearded dragons up earlier this week and tried to play with it, the beardie didn’t make it.
Poor beardie :( Tess was probably wondering why it wasn't playing back.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I think you better start working with her, and showing her she is NOT to be around your beardies.

The next time could end up like the first time :(

Good luck and keep us posted how her training is coming along :)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
oh boy I wouldnt trust duchess and coco by my little leopard gecko...but the other day at the tennis courts there was a large molf(sp) and she just went really close up with her nose backed off and then started doing play bows and barking...for quite a while too and she would resniff the molf again lol.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
I think I would either move those very bottom bins to a higher rack, or move the racks alltogether so that the dogs dont have access to them. Poor baby beardies. How many do you have? The babies are SO cute, I just adore mine.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Cute pictures, I hope Tess learns not to play with them!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts