Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep me from her... I have seen a AKC Red Female 5 months in the paper the last few days.. Oh how I would love to have her.. but 5 dogs!! Oh how my family would kill me... there have been some health problems in the family and now they are not able to keep her.. OH supportive friends give me strength... I really do not need another dog... But.............

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
With 5 already, whats one more.....I'll be supportive, but I'm leaning on getting the little bugger.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
So very true whats one more? But here's some things to consider: Do you REALLY need another dog? especially a 5 month old? and if it is a properly bred doberman why won't the breeder take her back? if she's not properly bred what kind of health problems/issues might you have to dealt with later? how do you think your other dogs will recive her? I'm all for getting another dog YAY. But I like to weigh out all the pros and cons before I act on instinct. Btw don't forget to tell us what you decide :)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Support? Lol. You came to us to support you in not getting another dobe? :D Lol. I will support you if you get the little thing. We need another dobe pup around here. We need to hear about the antics, the cuteness, the pictures, oh yes the pictures. Okay, go get the little fella, we will all be here to support that decision..

Sorry I am not of better support, I would love another dog myself. But right now one is enough for me. :)

Also good luck finding support..... :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Go get it!!!!!!! there is my support :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Take a look at my red baby in the photo gallery, I just posted new pictures, how could you resist that face??? I'll bet the one in the paper looks just like mine........:)

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Okay, let me be a voice of reason... I'm sure you've already thought of this but you've got 2 females vying for top position right now... A new pup might throw a wrench in an already stressed pack. (just something to consider)
That is the only thing that I can think of that would make me reconsider adding another... You know what you can handle, what you are able to take on financially and the emotional and physical strain of a new pup. Goodness only knows what kind of socialization this baby has had. Personally, I would love to see you bring her in and add another happy, healthy dobergirl to the family :) So much for being the voice of reason, eh??? :)
BUT it's going to throw off the tandem bike and 4 dobes plan... Maybe teach her to be a lead dog and she can run out in front? And the liscence plate... Can you change it to "5dobes4u"???

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you guys are a hoot! LOL I was laughing the whole way.. love the comment TracyJO about the bike LOL.. I know I would love to have another dog too but I don't think the city would take to kindly to it.. I think the limit is 4.. boo!!! I would love to have one of each color.. Yeah! but that is for another day and another $$$ We will see what the future brings.. again thanks for all the support friends!!lol...

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Hmm, sorry no luck here with talking you out of it! You've already heard some voices of reason.... so just think..... another mouth to feed? Another hmmmmm, ehhh, just get her!

Well I always think as long as you can finacially and emotionally give them what they need, and you feel there is room in your heart for another one, then it's meant to be! But wow, 5 dogs? I mean we're keeping an eye out for another dobe to turn up, but that would give us 4, so I guess I can't talk!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you guys are crazy..i think that is why i like you all so much.. I was telling my hubby about the talk on the forum and he said that he was wondering if I saw the ad in the paper.. he was surprised that I had not called on her yet..he said that even he thought about her for a small minute... my gosh can you just see me with 5 dobermans.. the neighbors would Kill me!!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts