Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Eyja is teething and since, she chew a lot and I have to moisten her food before. I put a puppy Kong in the fridge with some "Kiri" ( don't know if you have it in states, it's a cheese for kids ) and I give it to her for relieving her mouth. Some say that teething is not a pain for dogs. But I've notice that she is chewing a lot, and has pain to eat, and when I look in her mouth, little teeth is going out ! :D
So is there anything else I can do for relief her ?
Oh and I want to know if giving her cheese, milk, and pills of calcium can help her ears to stand during the teething time period ? ( And after ) Because some say that is not calcium who help ears to stand.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
My boy isn't a fan of them but most dogs like gnawing on frozen carrots. Also, you could make some bigger "ice cubes" and even freeze some treats, fruit and vegi pieces, and kibble into them. Also, instead of water you can freeze broth (low sodium is best). The cool-ness of the ice stuff will feel good on the gums.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
I would feed gher a high quality diet and not worry about giving extra Calcium. I don't ever give calcium in tablet form either. IF I need to add it, I give it as cottage cheese

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would feed gher a high quality diet and not worry about giving extra Calcium. I don't ever give calcium in tablet form either. IF I need to add it, I give it as cottage cheese
She eats "Orijen Large Puppy". Because I've seen some pills for growth, rich in calcium. So I wondered if it's a good idea or not :)
Thanks !

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
I would definitely avoid giving any calcium in pill form. Like Adara, I usually give them cottage cheese or yogurt. :)

Jan

·
Semper Fidelis
857 Posts
I rotate teething toys in and out of the freezer. Occasionally a kong with frozen peanut butter, keeps him busy for a while.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
If you can get them, give her frozen chicken feet. Soothing for their gums and a great source of Glucosomine which will do much more for her ears than Calcium will.
Mine each get one or two a day and just love them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh well, I did'nt know they can eat chicken feet xD I'm gonna buy some today. But last week, I've try to give her a pig's ear, and she puke all day. I've to bring her at the emergency :( The vet says never give ear's pig or other stuff like this to a dog. But someone tell me that is because the pig is the meat the more difficult to digest for a dog. So I'm gonna try chicken feet today. At worst, I steel have the drugs of the last week prescribed by the vet... x)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok thank you very much, hopefully you all says to me not give her calcium pills. I'm gonna try chicken feet and ice cube of water and broth :) It's look better for her !

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Elka still thinks ice cubes are a treat! She'll stare at the fridge dispenser sometimes.

I used to soak her rope toys in water and freeze them. This was, of course, in the days before she ATE her ropes. :rolleyesww:
Ahahahahahhahah It's convenient! It must save your money on treats!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts