Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Tdi???

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  StarlightDobe 
#1 ·
Who has TDIs on their dogs???? I am thinking of putting V through the test. . . What do you have to do after you pass the test to get to go on visits? Thx in advance for the info :)

#4 ·
You'll need to take a photo of your dog for his ID.

Here's the health info that requires your vet to complete on the health form (done yearly) or TDI will not renew your certification.

1) Annual Check-up attested to by your Veterinarian within the past year.

2) Mandatory Rabies Vaccine (1, 2, OR 3 YEAR - MUST BE GIVEN BY A VETERINARIAN)

3) An initial series of core Distemper, Hepatitis, and Parvovirus Vaccinations.

4) A negative Fecal Exam must have been done within the past year.

5) A negative Heartworm test must have been done within the past year if the dog is not on a continuous heartworm preventative medication. A negative Heartworm test must have been done within the past two years if the dog is on a continuous heartworm preventative medication.

#11 ·
Thanks! The test is Oct 10th. Not much time to prepare. He is still in rally class and all his agility. . . from what I read it is pretty similar to the cgc. Except with people with walkers, limps and such. . . And you saw how freaked he was with your Mom, lol. I am not sure he noticed her rolling walker - plus my Dad has a prosthetic leg so he fine with that. He has also be exposed to people in wheelchairs.

I figure if I can manage a rally course I should be ok, lol. :)

#8 ·
I think Delta is pretty similar, too. Shanoa just passed her test in August.

Reactions: Sherryh and Jenny
#15 ·
Mysti was a TDI dog, she did excellent on her test, they base it off the CGC test, and add a few things to it, and if they pass they can get their CGC at the same time. Though I think that may depend on the facility doing the testing, I am not sure. TDI has requirements yearly to recertify, as mentioned above, but they are pretty easy, and a yearly renewal fee as well, which if I recall is not alot. Once certified, you should check with the places you wish to visit and see what their policies are, they might have their own regulations for visiting. The hospital we went to had a list of requirements we had to meet in order to visit. We had to sign up as a volunteer of the hospital and sign some paperwork for them, including insurance waivers and other health related stuff, but it is all pretty standard stuff for volunteers, you should check into it ahead of time though. The work is very rewarding, and gives you a very good feeling of helping others, and the dogs either love it or they hate it. Mysti loved it! It is good for the ones that take to it, it also helps to promote our breed and its always good to get ambassadors for our breed out there doing good things!!
I hope all of this helped you and I hope you and Vader enjoy doing the therapy work as much as Mysti and I did. He is a great looking dobe and I am sure he will have no problem passing his test!! Good luck!

Reactions: Jenny and Sherryh
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.