Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would really like to use Vetrap for posting but I am not 100% convinced. I think it seems alot easier but more expensive. I wonder if it gives the same support? What are your experiences, I know a few have used Vetrap, has anyone heard why not to use it???

·
Registered
190 Posts
Okie-Dobie I used either Zonas tape or luco tape. The Zonas is hard to find and i actually bought it at a dog show, but it works good.

The Luco-tape you can buy at a sports medicine store it is very strong tape and will not come loose when she start's to play. I would go with the Luco tape to be honest with you it's way stronger then vet wrap.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Okie-dobie said:
I would really like to use Vetrap for posting but I am not 100% convinced. I think it seems alot easier but more expensive. I wonder if it gives the same support? What are your experiences, I know a few have used Vetrap, has anyone heard why not to use it???
I would leave the vet wrap to REALLY experienced people. It tends to tighten up and that would be very bad if it cut off the circulation. I've seen Dobermans who had to have almost all of their ears cut off due to really bad posting errors........it is really terrible looking.

I have always used Johnson & Johnson 1" Zonas tape. You usually have to order it special but it IMHO is the best stuff. Most independent pharmacies can get it - just buy a case of 12 rolls. I am lucky to have a neighbor who is a Podiatrist he uses tons of it and gets it for me at cost. I just bought a case this past month for a puppy I was helping to post - it was $18.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
velmadobe said:
I have always used Johnson & Johnson 1" Zonas tape.
That's what i've always used. Luckily there's a vet supply store right down the street from me tha stocks it. You also can order cases of it online for a pretty good price.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
is this what vet wrap is? the breeder always taped Duchess ears up...I love how they used it along with the color codes of the puppies! Duchess was the pink puppy!

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can get any tape or vetrap from the vet I use to work for at cost. I understand if you don't know what your doing with vetrap you can wrap it to tight. Is this the only disadvantage? Has everyone just used the tape because that is what they are use to? It seem's the vetrap is kinda new and people are just not that familar with it. Lapdog, yes this looks like vetrap.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Velmadobe, that is really cheap. Sometimes I envy you Americans, you can get stuff at a really good price!!

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Okie-dobie said:
Velmadobe, that is really cheap. Sometimes I envy you Americans, you can get stuff at a really good price!!
But I get it at cost because my neighbor is a nice guy :), and I think he gets a kick out the fact that I use it with tampons for dog ears. He uses it on feet. Zonas is just good stuff.

I think the last time I bought it at a pharmacy that carried it, I paid about $2.25 or $2.50 a roll. I thought that was pretty reasonable at the time. That would have been over 3 years ago.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
I use and have used the zonas tape from Johnson and Johnson to tape puppy ears. I rip it down the middle. It is really easy to tear in half and works great. You can find it at Wal-mart and it is economical. I have tried other tapes but haven't liked them as much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts