Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any information on Tanunda Dobermanns in Australia? In particular their health. I am specifically looking at Tanunda Count Leopold and Tanunda Affaire De Cour, any information would be greatly appreciated!

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I've never heard of them but I'm also not from Australia or anywhere nearby. Hopefully some of our members closer in proximity will be able to chime in.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hello there from a fellow Aussie.

I love Tanunda lines, they are no longer breeding though am I correct? I know Count Leo is a VWD Carrier and thats about it. Unfortunately both dogs were around before many of today's tests for cardio etc were around also.

I had always heard Tanunda had a bit of longevity in their lines and if you go to Dobermann Pacifica you can look at their pedigree yourself and follow it up to see if any died of dcm etc.

I know Mrs Borg of Doborg has two Tanunda dogs currently and breeds from their lines so you could shoot her an email.. her details are available on Dogz Online - The Pure Breed Dogs of Australia.

Hope that helps a bit :)

Edited to add: Batae Dobermanns in South Australia (friends of mine) also use Tanunda lines if you want to browse their website and see if they list the pedigrees (longevity). I know that Nat from Batae is all about testing her dogs and picking healthy stock

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
The breeder and owner of Tanunda Dobermanns is Mae Hart, she lives out Bathurst way in NSW , Australia.
As to count Leopold, he would have to be dead, he was the sire of one of my dogs and shes just died at 13 years of age... and as to the comment about VNB, we had several litters with him and non e of the prodgeny tested positive for VWB or wobblers...

·
terriorist entertainer
2,404 Posts
Hello,
The breeder and owner of Tanunda Dobermanns is Mae Hart, she lives out Bathurst way in NSW , Australia.
As to count Leopold, he would have to be dead, he was the sire of one of my dogs and shes just died at 13 years of age... and as to the comment about VNB, we had several litters with him and non e of the prodgeny tested positive for VWB or wobblers...
are you saying that his pups did not DNA even as carriers? The ELISA test isn't accurate and doesn't indicate carriers...only clinically affected.

·
terriorist entertainer
2,404 Posts
It wasn't available in 2000 when I had Daims hip rated and vWd tested. He scored 0 all round on hips and elbows....but the vWd was "inconclusive" thanks to the stress of leaving him at Werribee Vet Hospital for the day. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts