Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wonder, if your dobies can swim, its pretty hot here and in the evening we go for a swim with our dogs, Yordi the one from 7 years old do swim, not easy but he will go for his ball, we teach the other dogs to swim, we throw the ball, one that don't sinc, yordi goes in and finally the younger ones goes as well, I must say that the one with tail do swim better as the ones without tail.

here a picture I found from 2 dobers who were learn to swim!

and here a link of a dog swimmingpool, were you dog can learn to swim

http://www.hondenzwembad.nl/

Here a other one also written in english

http://users.skynet.be/fa427581/Klaverhoeve-concept/Zwembad/Hondenzwembad-nl.htm
Hope you can understand it cause its read in dutch!

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
My male Dobe has his tail docked and swims great anywhere we take him. He loves swimming and is great in the water at the river, lakes, and in pools. He swims very nicely, just b/c his tail is docked doesn't mean he can't swim better than dogs with tails, as he does swim better & can swim longer than two of his Lab friends.
My other Dobe (also cropped/docked) doesn't swim just yet, but loves the water very much and will get in the lake/river/pool etc. up to about her shoulders and will fetch objects out of the water.
They both love to play in the water hose.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Oscar loved splashing in the ocean and playing in the sprinkler. I have a pool but he always seemed afraid of it, never would get near it. Then on Memorial Day weekend, I patiently (no force) took him in on a leash down the steps into the shallow end. It took a couple days until he got his confidence up to go further than the shallow end where his feet could touch the bottom, but now I can't keep him out of the pool. He dives in full bore and swims everywhere like a fish. He swims faster than me. What have I done...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Max won't even get in the plastic kiddie pool. So far, he hates water.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Chi is in the ocean quite a bit but seldom swims, she bounces and splashes through the water a lot though! Every now and then she'll bound in after the ball or frisbee and the water will be just a bit too deep. The expression on her face when she can't touch the bottom is priceless! But she has no problem swimming back to shallow water...

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Oh my the photos are so funny.. Doggy waterwings! Roflmao:roflmao:
Raven is a great swimmer so graceful in the water that you can't even see her paddling, Spirit loves the water also but he bites at it so he drinks a lot of the water, Gypsy paddles so hard that she makes waves over her head so that you can hardly see her, We have not had Iris in the water as of yet. We are going to take them down to the riverfalls on Sunday and see how they do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts