Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a Doberman who likes to swim?

Ava loves the water. She loves to splash around, bite at the water and get her dad and I wet but swim? Absolutely not! She's tried, believe me but she can't get the hang of it. When our other dog swims out after a tennis ball she'll try and follow him. Once she realizes she can't touch the bottom anymore, she almost panics and does "the bottle"(her trademark move) back to shallow water.

Poor girl can't get past bobbing like a buoy in the water but she enjoys herself all the same. ;)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Dobe_Paws said:
Anyone have a Doberman who likes to swim?

Ava loves the water. She loves to splash around, bite at the water and get her dad and I wet but swim? Absolutely not! She's tried, believe me but she can't get the hang of it. When our other dog swims out after a tennis ball she'll try and follow him. Once she realizes she can't touch the bottom anymore, she almost panics and does "the bottle"(her trademark move) back to shallow water.

Poor girl can't get past bobbing like a buoy in the water but she enjoys herself all the same. ;)

Lol my first Dobe, pretty much hates it.. hes 10mos old. My 10 week old one i slowly introduced it to her early and she can swim and she likes it pretty good

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He splashed with his front paws on top of the water and walks on the ground. its quite funny.

LOL That's exactly what Ava does!! I have a great picture of her doing that, once I find it, I'll post.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Lexus LOVES the River with a capital LOVE!!! As long as the water isn't quite deep enough to have to swim, she loves to splash around in it! Especially if you skip rocks for her to chase and bite at, it's a hoot to watch!

·
Registered
421 Posts
My boy hated it at first but after seeing my cousins lab go in he went right in. He does these weird bunny hops and does the water chomping:)

We took him to the lake once to see if he would swim with us but all he did was stand on his hind legs and when he couldn't anymore he tried to use us as floats! He only likes it when other dogs ae in the water.

I should have some pics somewhre but they may be on my old comp.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Winston loves to swim in the river but wants nothing to do with the pool...

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Gracie loves water as long as it isn't falling on here. (like snow or rain) The other week we took her up north to Lake Superior. She had a blast. She would run in the water bite the water jump out of the water. I would go in the water and call her over to me which she would come to me happy as can be but if it was to deep she would turn around and run out. She wouldn't swim though. :(

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Raven loves to swim and she is go graceful in the water. She just glides and you can't even tell she is swimming.. She love the garden hose the best. Loves to bite the water! Spirit likes to swim but bites at the water so much he seem to be choking! Gypsy can't swim a lick! She is play in the water but once she has to start swimming she panics! She is Dog paddling so hard that the water is splashing way over her head and she keeps her nose so high up that she can't see where she is going.. Iris has not been in the water as of yet. We will see maybe next week as we are think of going to the lake, on Sunday.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found some pictures of the dogs in the water. They're not the greatest pictures but it's hard to get photos when they're on the move.

The above is when she realizes her paws aren't touching the bottom anymore.

·
Banned
375 Posts
I just wish my dobies would take a bath without freakin out.. lol... .my girl walks into the shower with me and me only but no one else... so... who knows.. if they will love to swim we will see

1 - 12 of 12 Posts