Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dobe has a swelling about the size of an orange on the inside of her thigh. It does not appear to bother her much but I'm worried to say the least! Does not appear to cause pain even when touched, no heat, no sign of bite If she were a horse I would call it a hematoma from a kick. The swelling is not hard but not so soft that a finger leaves an imprint. Any ideas ??

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
I would be having your vet check that out and hopefully it is nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Just by description it does sound like edema has accumulated there. (Finger leaving indent is a sure sign of pitted edema). Usually this is due to lack of circulation, an old injury, or an actual disease/condition. I would go see the vet, this doesnt sound something simple like a hematoma, bug bite, or muscle tear.

EDIT: skimmed over your post, you say it does NOT leave an indent, which is better. Hope its nothing serious.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Did it just suddenly show up, or has this progressed slowly over years/months etc? Either way, I'd get her into a vet to have it properly examined and at the least a needle aspirate to check the cells inside of it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My vet will see her Wed but I would like to have a heads up on questions to ask.It has been a rapid onset.She is 8 very happy, active and the only health issue is incontinence being treated with ppa. So I really Thank everyone and any more ideas are great!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts