Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my boy apparently thinks he is survivor man.

Since he was around 3 months, I'd always see him in the back yard sniffing around like normal, but often times he would stop on a spot and look like what appeared to be eating something.

I found out today what he has been chowing down on all this time.

Big fat white nasty grubs.

He came in from outside, was excited like usual and gave me a quick kiss on the mouth...then proceeded to drop a grub, damn near the size of my thumb, out of his mouth.

:mad:

I'm glad I stopped him from competitive power lifting. With all that extra protein he's been downing, he would have turned into a super king warlock doberman by now.

My little girl killed a mole a while back (yea baby girl) and decided she needed to roll in it...and proceeded to smell like 14 scents of death, old gym socks and spoiled milk.

Now the dobe eats little white aliens in the back yard.

My other male hasn't done anything of note, but they already lick each others butt's, wiener holders, ears...sometimes our little lab girls kooka...

Now I have to contend with grub breath.

Somebody has to have a grosser story of being kissed by their doggy after they put _______ in their mouth.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Oh gross..

I can't really say much. I try to catch mine before they eat bugs, but sometimes it just happens. My amstaff will eat any bug that moves, the others smell it to see if its something they actually want to eat.

I did, however, the other day have a gross experience. It wasn't a kiss, but my amstaff and I were playing the normal game of me throwing his toy into the air as high as he can go, and him bringing it back.. he brought it back, sat it in my lap, backed up and sat down (all normal).. then burped (ok..) then barfed ALL OVER my leg/lap, think of it like the exorcist kind of projectile vomit. Combo of water, some kibbles and sardine parts, and a little piece of grass. Good times....

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Hahahahaha! I don't know what grubs are, and I don't think I do. Sometimes after I get a kiss from Oliver, he licks something that makes me think, do I really want kisses? I used to have a dog that would eat dryed up worms from the sidewalk. He would knaw them off and I'd hear, crunch, crunch, crunch. Ugh!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hahahahaha! I don't know what grubs are, and I don't think I do. Sometimes after I get a kiss from Oliver, he licks something that makes me think, do I really want kisses? I used to have a dog that would eat dryed up worms from the sidewalk. He would knaw them off and I'd hear, crunch, crunch, crunch. Ugh!

This be the culprit.

Our little girl sees a fly, it is game over for the fly. She goes to defcon 1 and engages her turbo for more speed.

One of my co workers says his little boston terrier liked brownie surprises. I was baffled at first and started to ask him if he knew dogs weren't suppose to eat chocolate. He then informed me they were baked in his cats litter box, so no chocolate to worry about, so to speak.

:sick:

·
Registered
295 Posts
If worms or grubs were all I had to worry about, I would be thrilled. Aside from the butt licking, deer droppings are a delicacy. I get so mad and chase them around my parents land tryingto get them to drop it. A few months ago, Wrigley had a mouthful stuck in the side of her mouth and teeth. It was the sickest thing ever. I really just wanted to cry. So I got paper towels, latex gloves, and a trash sack and cleaned out her mouth.

·
Registered
331 Posts
This thread is making me laugh out loud, and it's bugging my hubby. But I can't help it. This stuff is just funny.

I've always been a "Hell no, you ain't licking me, you nasty dog!" type of person. So I can't say I've received any nasty kisses lately. But Dylan just LOVES to walk in front of us while we're sitting on the couch, do a stealthy stretch, ass in the air, and rip a big, audible fart. It's horrific. And then he just walks away, and goes to lie down in his bed again. It's like he's saying, "No, you don't have to play with me. But you're sure going to regret that choice."

·
Registered
278 Posts
This thread has me in stitches! Thankfully my dogs don't eat anything gross, but good LORD the farting is horrible. It sounds like I have two other humans stretching and farting in my house. It's not a normal morning until they crawl off the couch, stretch, and let one rip. :p

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Toby has eaten some really gross things, these include.
Snotty tissues.
Poopy tissues.
Human poop (for some reason the hunters hereabouts go outdoors and Toby finds it and the tissues everytime),
My sons boxershorts (particularly the crotch area)
Rabbit poop.
Chicken poop.
Pig poop.
Fox poop. (is it me or is there a recurring theme here)

After which he always wants to give you a big sloppy kiss.

Guess who doesn't get his way.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This thread is making me laugh out loud, and it's bugging my hubby. But I can't help it. This stuff is just funny.

I've always been a "Hell no, you ain't licking me, you nasty dog!" type of person. So I can't say I've received any nasty kisses lately. But Dylan just LOVES to walk in front of us while we're sitting on the couch, do a stealthy stretch, ass in the air, and rip a big, audible fart. It's horrific. And then he just walks away, and goes to lie down in his bed again. It's like he's saying, "No, you don't have to play with me. But you're sure going to regret that choice."
:roflmao:

Your dog crop dusts you, that is funny!

It cracks me up, if my boy is lying down sideways, and eeks out an audible fart...then picks his groggy head up and looks around like he doesn't know where the noise came from.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We have 8 cats and 3 dogs... and 6 cat boxes... you do the math.
Bless your heart.

It has taken me these past few days to work out the math problem you presented.

I couldn't quite figure out how I got my answer of 125³, which equals 1,953,125...but I think I got it squared away this morning and now have an official answer: That's a lot!

:D

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
Bell a loves to snack after she goes potty .. we are slowly breaking her of this habit, I keep trying to tell her, it goes in as dog food, comes out as poop, and does NOT go back in again! Luckily she is not a big kisser, but she does like to try to nibble on your face when she wants some love, and its a strict "out of my face" policy with her. She never tries to eat old poo or Nexus's, its only her own and only right after she goes.
Nexus' thankfully has not developed that habit, she would rather eat dirt, sticks, shrubbery, which gives her breath that faint pine scent, and thats not too bad when she sticks her nose in my face and proceeds to try to wash my whole face.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, protein is protein and free is better than expensive.

The cicada population here was unbelievable a few years ago. They would ping down onto the deck at night, hitting on their backs and spinning around with loud buzzes. One of my dogs spent much of the night zeroing in on the sounds and racing from one end of the deck to the other, scarfing up fat juicy bugs. For most of the summer, she had the biggest fun possible and I got to reduce her food by about 25%. Win-win situation!

·
Super Moderator
GOT's Kal-Drogo The Horseman (Drogo),TKI,TKN, CGC, 7 years; RIP Baron, Miley, Dax, Lonesome, Baron 1
18,320 Posts
Each Dobe we have had has their own "gross" things to eat:

2nd Dobe, Lonesome - Loved to munch on the manure pile like an all you can eat buffet!

3rd Dobe, Dax - Loved the gunk from underneath the lawn mowers. She was a very picky eater but give her mower gunk and she chomped it down without hesitation.

4th and present Dobe, Baron - Loves deer poop! When we walk, I am constantly correcting him to stop!

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,602 Posts
These are making me laugh! I have one to add. We have a long haired Persian cat that is prone to hair balls. Whenever I hear Tiki wretch I have to sprint around the house trying to beat Coco to the hair ball. I never make it there first as Coco is already licking her lips from eating it! :butfly:

·
Registered
625 Posts
OMG I'm laughing so hard my stomach hurts.

I also get the farts in the face... K tends to smell bugs before he decides if he wants to snack on them, so if I'm lucky I get a split second for a 'leave-it' but sometimes all I get out is 'le......' and no more bug. EW.

Grubs, though. UGH. The thought just makes me want to gag!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts