Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have keep Wrigley on the same food as the breeder I got her from. I don't think it is the best I can give her. She has some dry skin and I think she could
use a little beefing up, not that she is small, just lean. 13 weeks and 26 lbs.

Just curious as to what everyone out there is feeding and why.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Do a search with "food poll", there use to be a poll with numerous and interesting food reviews, might be helpful !
I feed my puppy orijen. And since he started it, his stools are much firmer and I can finally breath easy while watching a movie snuggling with him.... (he used to have frat boy farts...)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Eagle Pack Holistic Select.

Because it's good for him and he does well on it.

There are other good foods out there and you may want to check out dogfoodanalysis.com when doing a search.

While not the "end all, be all" of lists; if you stick with a food that is 4 stars or higher (and a food he likes, does well on) you'll be making a better choice than a lot of people who buy their food from the grocery store and/or most major chain pet stores.

Reactions: Wrigley

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
After wfeeding practically every premium food in existence... I've gone back to Pro Plan Sensitive Skin and Stomach. Everyone is on it - Ronin, Kaylee, Ada and Sooner. :)

I feed it because it works, and it's what my dogs do the best on.

Reactions: Zephyr

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
Acana prairie...like the ingredients dogs do well on it.

Remember, what works for other people's dogs might not work for yours. Good luck in the dog food search.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Howdy,

"Food Pole". Do ya'll mean that there's a Polish guy passing out puppy food? ;)
Anyway, I feed Lasker (nearing 7 months old) Taste of The Wild (Pacific Stream).

Eggman

·
Registered
382 Posts
PMI Exclusive large breed. It is whole chicken, whole grain brown rice etc.
My girls have shiny, shiny coats and firm poops. Great stuff but not always
easy to get.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Taste of the Wild Roasted venison and Roasted Buffalo Flavor

I did come research on what nutrients dobermans specifically need, because every dog breed is different, and for what was available in my area, this was the second best choice, no organs, by products, or grains. And that transition period between foods, virtually non existent for my dogs, I have a year old and a 10 week old, and neither had upset tummies, in fact they were trying to eat around their old food! (Nutro Natural a so called high quality food yuck!)

Its more dense than regular dog food because it doesn't have those by products and their bodies use more of it rather than just passing it, so they eat less and get more and so in turn poop less! Plus its for all life stages! So I don't worry when my puppy eats my adult dogs food!

and even better, where I am it costs just as much as other more common dog foods!

·
Alpha
2,797 Posts
Acana prairie...like the ingredients dogs do well on it.

Remember, what works for other people's dogs might not work for yours. Good luck in the dog food search.
Same here. Local company to me. Same company that makes Orijen.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
How many polls does it take to feed a dobie?

Just one HUGE food pole!!! HAAAhahh

mm percocet humour. Awesome :D

Anyway, Sky is currently on Blue Buffalo Puppy, Chicken and such.. Trying to improve her weight and stools. I'm coming to accept that she will be skinny forever though.

Reactions: Wrigley

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm a first time Doberman owner. My pup is 13 weeks, and about 25 pounds. Lean but looks great. I'm in no rush for him to hit a growth spurt anytime soon. As per my breeders recommendation, I'm giving him Viand Canine Growth & Maintenance for kibble, raw meat (golf ball size), carrots, yogurt, a splash of apple cider vinegar or olive oil and a sprinkle of Kelp. The Viand and Kelp I order online

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
PMI Exclusive large breed. It is whole chicken, whole grain brown rice etc.
My girls have shiny, shiny coats and firm poops. Great stuff but not always
easy to get.
That is what I have her on. Her coat shines, but dry skin, pretty flaky.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I feed my puppy Orijen (Large breed puppy). I've heard great things about the food. So far, Riley seems to like the food!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts