Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mother-in-law and father-in-law arrived yesterday and we are just so happy to have them for a visit. While we were at my neices graduation last night they came home from dinner to a little surprise. We have been letting Jada stay out of the crate for small increments to gauge how she is coming along and up until last night she had been doing great. Needless to say she took a big chunk out of our leather couch and used two of my window sills in the kitchen to ease her chewing desire. We were already planning on getting a new couch and love seat but were going to do it once she got thru her puppy stage. Luckily my mother-in-laws sewing skills came in handy and she was able to sew the couch and my husband was able to sand the window sill and repaint them and all is good. Well all is good except for Jada as she is back in the crate while we are not at home.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
awww bummmer :( Duchess's only problem was tearing up paper...I thought she would never grow out of that...but she did :) so hang in there lol :)

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Sorry and thanks for the warning.....I've been letting Petey do the same, I'm going to stop that immediately!

Carol

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Ugh, couldn't it be something like a strown pot holder or something? The couch is always a favorite to them. Probably because it is one of the most expensive things to replace.

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
My mother-in-law and father-in-law arrived yesterday and we are just so happy to have them for a visit. While we were at my neices graduation last night they came home from dinner to a little surprise. We have been letting Jada stay out of the crate for small increments to gauge how she is coming along and up until last night she had been doing great. Needless to say she took a big chunk out of our leather couch and used two of my window sills in the kitchen to ease her chewing desire. We were already planning on getting a new couch and love seat but were going to do it once she got thru her puppy stage. Luckily my mother-in-laws sewing skills came in handy and she was able to sew the couch and my husband was able to sand the window sill and repaint them and all is good. Well all is good except for Jada as she is back in the crate while we are not at home.
Oh my God!! I would just die!

This is why Velma did not get the run of the house till she was 4 - LOL!

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Mischa is 13 months old and i still would not trust her out of her crate yet,she is a chewing addict!!

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
What a stinker :) Seems like she had more fun than you all did :) At least everything she ate was "fixable" and she didn't get into anything that would harm her health. Good luck with her :) :)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She had been doing pretty good. We had not been letting her out for too long of a period but we totally forgot that she has not gotten any excercise this week. She was spayed on Tuesday and no exercise per doctors orders. We have also have had to resort of letting her and Titus out separatly so they will not romp, we had to take her to the vet on Saturday morning as her incision started oozing a little from a little bit of romping with her buddy. So back in the crate she goes. Titus has been out of the crate for quite come time. He actually got his freedom at the age of 1 and has done fantastic.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Poor couch. Glad you were able to fix it all. I feel for the wood. Doodle was a wood chewer. Chewed the banaster, railing, rocker, entertainment center while I was watching TV, ect. He loved wood. Should have named him Beaver.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Oh I am sorry.. Puppies are a hand full .. Just remember would you leave a 2 year old child behind unattended.. It is the same for a puppy... Lot of things for her to do.. toys.. bones.. music.. or TV

1 - 11 of 11 Posts