Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
One Lucky Mama!
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want a really easy way to support Doberman Assistance Network (D.A.N.)? Well, I have just the thing: vote for D.A.N. in the Chase Community Giving Event (this is being held/conducted on Facebook).

The premise is simple: those non-profit organizations/causes who receive the most votes will get a piece of the $3 million grant! Here is what you do:

1. Follow this link: Chase Community Giving on Facebook | Facebook

2. Vote for D.A.N.

3. Share your vote on your Wall and with your friends, family and co-workers.

This event is only going on for 8 more days. So, vote, vote, vote!

Remember, D.A.N. helps those Dobes who are in urgent need of assistance, such as Pixie:

Carmen:

and Shocker and Red:

The Dobes thank you with wiggly nubs and loving nose pokies.

·
One Lucky Mama!
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bumpity, bump, bump!

Reactions: astra

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I was just about to post this on here after I received the email from D.A.N this morning but someone beat me to it and you made the post much prettier than i had planned on I was just going to state the reason and the link lol

·
One Lucky Mama!
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
44 Votes So Far, Need At Least 380!

We are up to 44 votes! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now for the bad news...only the top 100 charities/causes get a piece of the $3 million pie. And #100 currently has 375 votes...so D.A.N. needs at least 380 votes to be in the running. Oh, did I mention there are only 7 days left?!

Chase Community Giving on Facebook | Facebook

Alright DT, time to push up those sleeves and get to voting! Get your friends to vote. Get your parents to vote. Get your teachers to vote. Get your neighbors to vote. We have the numbers to get this done! Remember, this could mean VERY crucial funds for D.A.N., which means more urgent needs Dobers will be helped. So, VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!

(FYI - You can only vote for a charity/cause once, but are allotted 10 total votes. This means you can also vote some other great causes such as Doberman Rescue Unlimited or Special Needs Dobermans.)

The Dobes thank you with wiggly nubs and loving nose pokies.

·
Registered
Jalyn Live in the Moment ‘Helo Agathon’ Harper x Godric DOB 3/4/2019
7,597 Posts
Voted and shared!

:chlead:

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
Up to 83.

Now, I've seen the forum polls, and the votes for calendar contests. I'm sure a LOT of Doberman Talk members have Facebooks. I'm kind of scandalized that this is linked on 4 Doberman message boards (I know, because I put it on the other 3. And Dogster and Blogpaws.) and that's all the response that's occurred. Is there some kind of political weirdness that I don't know about DAN? Was there drama? Am I embarrassing myself?

:heartforyou:

·
One Lucky Mama!
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We are up to 95 votes! :woohoo: But we still have a VERY long way to go! :emo2:

Some people are concerned about the Chase application requesting access to their "personal information" before being allowed to vote. This is standard for all Facebook applications. This allows the applicaiton to be downloaded to your Facebook profile so that you can use it. My solution is this: support DAN by allowing this Chase application access now, which basically allows you to use it, then after the votes are tallied, remove the application from your profile (this is what I intend to do!). Win-win!

Here is the situation. Only the top 100 charities/causes will get a piece of the $3 million pie. #1 has 6,460 votes and #100 currently has 559 votes. That means DAN has to secure at LEAST 464 votes ASAP in order to GET INTO the running. Right now, we are not even close. With only 4 days, 18 hours and 1 minute left, we are running out of time.

DAN REALLY needs this support right now. There are a number of Dobers who are being boarded while awaiting assignment to a rescue or foster, and still others who need veterinary care, and therefore, raking up large bills. Funds are dwindling, fast. So please, if you 1. have a computer, 2. have a mouse, and 3. have a Facebook account, vote for DAN in the Chase Community Giving Event. Your heart will thank you for it. :chlead:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts