Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to see if your dobe eats less in the summer. I've been noticing Lucy not eating as much. I'm not worried because her temperament and energy have remained the same.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She had a checkup a few months ago and everything was fine. Definitely not feeding her too much. We live in Las Vegas and she's not as active in the heat so I'm thinking that she just doesn't eat as much since she's not exerting as much energy.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Just curious to see if your dobe eats less in the summer. I've been noticing Lucy not eating as much. I'm not worried because her temperament and energy have remained the same.
I noticed that to with our girl, she's not "guzzling" her food down like it's running away anymore and I'm in Vegas too I thought maybe it is the heat to but not sure. It really hasnt been that hot. Maybe they're just growing up and learning food manners. Lol. Wishful thinking I guess.

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
cats tend to scale back their eating habits in the summer, so why not dogs as well? i have noticed Deckard eats a little less for breakfast and lunch than he did in cooler months. since he's displayed no other odd behavior, i'm chalking it up to the heat. *shrug*

Reactions: LVLucy

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Mine eat the same amount and often a little more due to increased activity in the nice weather. I do move the evening meal up in the late spring, summer and early fall months as I often have the dogs out on a hike in the early evening.

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
yea at this point mine is a bit fat period...now that we have two cats he is eating their leftovers on a regular basis...

Reactions: LVLucy

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
my guys dont go off food. But i work in a pet food store and we have alot of dog that go off food with the crazy weather we have been having so far.
PS are you keeping your food inside (not the garage)?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lucy is on a raw diet so her food is always cold. The weather has definitely been a roller coaster as of late, I try to take her out in the morning or after the sun goes down whenever it's not windy. Where in Vegas are you guys?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Lucy is on a raw diet so her food is always cold. The weather has definitely been a roller coaster as of late, I try to take her out in the morning or after the sun goes down whenever it's not windy. Where in Vegas are you guys?
southeast what part are you in?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 4 year old Male has, well, actually had etiquette when eating this summer. He hasn't been engulfing it whole the last few weeks, but it has been highs around 100 everyday. Let him out to run around the farm and he heads back inside after only a few minutes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts