Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, Im curious if anyone can b of help. I have a 3yo female blue/rust Doberman who has excessive saliva while eating, is excessively thirsty n seems a bit more irritable than usual. She has always been a healthy girl til now. Also need 2 mention Iv noticed that her chewing habits have changed as well. It may sound odd but she chomps her food instead of chewing. This has all started n the last couple weeks. It started with the excessive slobbers n chomping when eating, then the excessive thirst, n now add the behavior change. We haven't had a chance 2 get her 2 c the dr til last week. Then of course I ended up 2 sick 2 leave the house. So now we try 2 get in this week. Her energy is great. Her eating is normal. Im just baffled. She is my 1st Doberman however I do now have a 2yo male blue/blue who is healthy as a horse n almost the size of a small horse lol. His only issues seem 2 b allergies 🙄 which came on suddenly last year. That has been quiet the expensive process of elimination. The things we do n go thru 4 our fur babies 🙂 So if anyone has been thru this or knows anything n may have some ideas, please feel free 2 let me know. Im open 2 any n all suggestions. Thanks 4 taking the time 2 read my story.

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
I would suspect some sort of dental issues. Definitely needs to be seen by the vet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Definitely make an appointment to see a vet. I had a Doberman with similar issues and it ended up being a cracked tooth that became infected. Not to worry you either but I have a friend that her Doberman passed away from an undiagnosed tooth infection that spread to it's blood, he had been to two vets and they started him on antibiotics too late.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Yep, trip to the vet for her for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts