Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Never had a blanket sucker / but had a big time flank sucker.
- after a decade of sucking, she finally stopped, now 11.5 y/o...with a 1/2 grapefruit of scar tissue on her side

If blanket suckers DO NOT DISTRUCT blankets & toy stuffies...it would not be a problem for me / some of us had worse.
- and our old Amy has toys several years old, not a destroyer

·
Never Will Forget You
3,288 Posts
Yes. First time I have ever had a suckler. I wasn't sure what to make of it. Now it's one of the things that makes him so endearing to me. This is a picture of Luca and his bed, but his favorite thing is Freddy the Frog.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Yes. First time I have ever had a suckler. I wasn't sure what to make of it. Now it's one of the things that makes him so endearing to me. This is a picture of Luca and his bed, but his favorite thing is Freddy the Frog.

Look at those paws!!! So cute. I agree I think it gives Diesel character. It's really sweet to watch him suck on his blanket and fall asleep.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Never had a blanket sucker / but had a big time flank sucker.
- after a decade of sucking, she finally stopped, now 11.5 y/o...with a 1/2 grapefruit of scar tissue on her side
Nelson, recently started to suckle his flank too, it has taken a bit to overcome that one. A few nights with a cone in the crate broke that problem. We think he may have been doing it because we cut his food and rawhides so he was looking at a replacement to use his mouth.

He has always been a suckler and I have to agree I find it very cute when he cuddles up next to me and sucks on his blanky as he drifts off to sleep.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
My female loved old blankets and towels she sucked on them for a few years and I have toys that have no stuffing in them....they are all hard rubber toys............she has a pig that is very thin rubber its full of holes but she loves it and sleeps with it..........:)

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,591 Posts

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Yes, here is a video of Prime doing it as a puppy. Thankfully he has never been a flank sucker.

-mZB4qfUDdQ

He is almost 3 years old and still does it. I have to stop him though because he will put huge holes in blankets and bedding.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
CUTE PHOTOS DT...our babies that have the sucky gene !!

Nelson, recently started to suckle his flank too, it has taken a bit to overcome that one. A few nights with a cone in the crate broke that problem. We think he may have been doing it because we cut his food and rawhides so he was looking at a replacement to use his mouth.

He has always been a suckler and I have to agree I find it very cute when he cuddles up next to me and sucks on his blanky as he drifts off to sleep.
^^^^ Its starts out like a baby sucking their thumb, just a comfort thing.

I think when our Amy was a puppy, she was only in the crate for a hour or two, when our son was finishing up high school.
I think when she wasn't crying to get out of the cage, she was sucking her flank...to pass the time.
Then on the couch, we would catch her flank sucking, if she was bored (get our attention).
- as no one was playing with her every 24/7 minute of the day...LOL
She will take a stuffy to bed sometimes, after 5 minutes I get her to give it up...TA-TA Amy.
I just never let her fall asleep, with something in her mouth.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Oh my gosh chatty, he melts me!!! I wish I had a black and rust boy who was a sucker. Saph has gone from destroying toys in mere minutes to sort of a chomp suck combo. I wish she was a sucker, these photos are STUPID CUTE!

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,591 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts