Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,294 Posts
There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. This might be one.

On my dremel, there is a tiny screw which holds the rubber piece holding the sandpaper band onto the axle which goes into the dremel. I unscrew the screw, pull the rubber piece off (mine also has a couple of washers on the ends of the rubber piece--watch where those come from so you can replace them). Then I can wiggle the sandpaper band off, put a new on in its place, and reverse my steps.

What I don't know is if different dremel brands go together differently, or if there are parts which only fit one particular brand of dremel.

Good luck! Sorry I don't have any real pointers for you.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Unscrew the screw on the end a little bit farther out. Kinda walk them on... wiggle them... rock them. Don't try to push them straight on, is what I'm sayin'. When it's on there some, you can hold the band on the drum with two thumbs and two index fingers (imagine you are holding the tiniest sandwich in the universe... like that), and kind of pinch together to slide the band down on the drum. Does that make sense? Doing something simple is hard to describe in words!

Do you have Dremel brand bands, or some off brand?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Loosen screw and wiggle...wiggle...wiggle. I find once the screw is loosened a few turns, loosening all the way makes no difference. It has to be a snug fit like that for the band not to lose traction when working.

·
Super Moderator
21,894 Posts
Yep, once I forgot about the little screw and I was going crazy trying to change the band and getting no where. That's the trick!

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Reactions: GrdnDelite

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Reactions: GrdnDelite

·
Good Gracious, Gracie!
1,943 Posts
Hubby changes the sanding drums and dishes out the treats.

I Dremel dogs' nails.

This works for us.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts