Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came across this on a Doberman classified ad site.
This is really bad. The poor dog, she's only two years old and already had 12 puppies, probably hasn't had any health testing, has poor conformation, carries the "Z", which means she may carry the albino gene, and all the owner is looking for is live sperm in the way of a "planned" breeding.

WHY is this breeding being done?

==========================================================

Stud Needed SOON

Lil Miss Lucy just came into heat and im looking for a stud within the
next week and half. Lucy is CKC and AKC registerted. Hopefully she
will also be UKC reg by the time the puppies are born. Last litter she
had 12 puppies 4 red 4 blue 4 black. She is also WZ factoreed with 1
white in 6 gen pedigree. Please email me ASAP if u havea a MAle AKC
preferred. will give puppy from the litter. Thanks

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I asked Tracy in Va about a week ago and she never answered. Maybe this time she will.

I wasn't aware Lucy is Z factored. That makes it all the more disgusting.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
aren't there enough dobes already? what will this breeding give to the breed?

maybe one of our members can talk about the bitch that just came into the rescue she volunteers for and had 12 puppies over the weekend????

doesn't seem too selective finding a sire over the internet, now does it? seems like its just a breeding that HAS TO HAPPEN, not a breeding that was meant to be. just looking for any dog that has a magic wand that still works...

*Sigh*

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Thats terrible...How could people do such a thing and not feel terrible about themselves...the puppies produced are nothing to be proud of...and its a shame they treat their poor dobermans like they do and breed them...that isnt respect and in my opinion these owners can NOT truely say that they love their dogs and pets by doing this to them.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Tracy was just here...I have a feeling our comments will cause her to leave, we need to educate...Please Tracy give poor Lil Miss Lucy a break. It takes 2 yrs for a female human to fully recover from giving birth. Think about the health of you girl and have you had your other female spayed yet? She will be coming into season soon wont she?

·
Premium Member
8,910 Posts
doberkim said:
aren't there enough dobes already? what will this breeding give to the breed?

maybe one of our members can talk about the bitch that just came into the rescue she volunteers for and had 12 puppies over the weekend????

doesn't seem too selective finding a sire over the internet, now does it? seems like its just a breeding that HAS TO HAPPEN, not a breeding that was meant to be. just looking for any dog that has a magic wand that still works...

*Sigh*
Well, she actually only had 10 puppies ........... but that is a lot of puppies any way you look at it. Yes I believe we got both the bitch and the dog turned into rescue, and the bitch delivered 10 puppies last week. Being that we have people lined up to adopt them when they are old enough, I am not worried about the puppies. My heart does break for the 3 year old bitch who just had her 3rd litter and now has no home. The good news is that she will have no more after this!

The ad that Lucy's mom placed does not surprise me at all - it does make me sad. She might be surprised to find that it has come out. However, in todays day and age, most things do not remain secret for very long - the Doberman community is small and have looooooong memories.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
yes I agree with Peeweesmama...Its not to late to try to educate her and try to convince her to do the right thing

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
CoAl-s-Mom said:
But we already have more than once. It gets frustrating.
I understand that CM. I've been at this for what, almost a year now - wooho, that's just a drop in the bucket compared to a lot of the members here. It is frustrating - but I guess we still need to try. We may not be able to make a difference for poor Lucy but somebody else reading the forum may learn something and change their mind to breed...

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
oh I dont know...I saw the website...but I didnt know she didn't or hasnt listened to any of the attempt to educate her...I guess we can just try our best although its frustrating...We still have a little time left...
I just really hope she changes her mind and normal ways then:(

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
thanks tracyjo! It took me awhile and alot of redo's to accomplish the cool things you guys do with your sigs :) lol you think she is pretty...but you havent seen her in person without her makeup on! hahaha JK:) thanks:)

·
Registered
265 Posts
i dont think its anyones business whta i do away form this site. i stay clear of these flmain poosts b/c its my business what iu do. i will ignore this post as well. i tend to stay to myself and not cause trouble i come here to read bout dobermans and enjoy the pics ect here. like i said i will not respond to this post again. or any other directed towards me in this matter. I do not advertise anythin here. i do not flame other ppl for what thye choose to do..and i ask not to b done the smae . if u want to ask me to leave then fine. but i do love to come hereand will continue to do so unless asked otherwise.

·
Premium Member
8,910 Posts
TracyInVa said:
i dont think its anyones business whta i do away form this site. i stay clear of these flmain poosts b/c its my business what iu do. i will ignore this post as well. i tend to stay to myself and not cause trouble i come here to read bout dobermans and enjoy the pics ect here. like i said i will not respond to this post again. or any other directed towards me in this matter. I do not advertise anythin here. i do not flame other ppl for what thye choose to do..and i ask not to b done the smae . if u want to ask me to leave then fine. but i do love to come hereand will continue to do so unless asked otherwise.
Yes, well your response is exactly what I thought it would be. It's not worth my breath to even try to tell you why you are such a classic byb, and I'm sure not going to be surprised when some of the dogs you produce end up in rescue or euthanized at the local shelter.

I spent 2 hours on the phone yesterday with a lady who is looking for a Doberman.......I've never met her. It was worth every minute of my time because I feel that she walked away with a better understanding about Dobermans in general and what to look for in particular. SHE was worth educating and will probably go on to be a great home. For sure, she knows to avoid breeders like you now.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Well so much for education

exactly how I thought she'd respond. She definitely does not want to learn.

There is no educating someone like her; we see it again and again. It's all about them; they really don't care at all for their dogs.

Tracy you should be ashamed!!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
All of us here love our dobes...we love to talk about them...share pictures...tell stories...see video clips...the only difference I guess here is that we love our dobes and other dobes sooo much that our hearts break when we hear that they are being handled irresponsibly and being produced as if they don't matter. Its not quantity its quality and we only want what is best for our dobes that we all share the love, laughs, stories, and companionship will have a better future. Yes, you dont bring it up here at Dobermantalk...but like someone said word gets around...and our hearts can not allow us to turn our back and ignore it because we love our dobes and other dobes too much to do so.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
duncdobe said:
exactly how I thought she'd respond. She definitely does not want to learn.

There is no educating someone like her; we see it again and again. It's all about them; they really don't care at all for their dogs.

Tracy you should be ashamed!!
People like this only provide one benefit-to illustrate to novices exactly what kind of breeder to avoid at all costs.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.