Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, how many nipples are dogs sappose to have? I think Rayna is missing one. It looks funny. I did'nt notice until rubbing her belly today. Is this common?

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Petey's are messed up too, not that he will ever need them....not sure how many he has, but there is an extra!

Carol

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I think FiFi is missing one too.... I'll have to go count :lol2:

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Lexus has 11. My husband calls her E.T. for Extra T---- ..... uh, you fill in the blank :D

Her mom has 10.

·
Premium Member
10,579 Posts
LOL--I just went around and counted nipples on my males.

Nine on one of them--he's missing the most forward one on the right.

Seven on one and that's four on one side and three on the other--and they aren't match--they're staggered. I happen to know that at least one of his litter sisters had 10.

And the fawn has 11--five on one side and six on the other--too weird.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lexus has 11. My husband calls her E.T. for Extra T---- ..... uh, you fill in the blank :D

Her mom has 10.
Too Funny!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know, I just kinda thought it was weird looking. Yes her's are not right across from each other eaither, but staggered. Well It's good to know she's not the only freak! LMAO

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I know this is kinda off topic because it's humans but it is about nipples.
I worked with a gal and her daughter was born with three nipples. They had to wait till she reached puberty to see which grew properly and then they removed the dormant one.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts

Her mom has 10.
O.K Tia only has 9 so Lexi has her missing 1!!!the rest of the girls all have 10.And when are you posting the answer to Quiz????(fill in the missing word) as i still can't work out the answer :):):):).

·
Registered
68 Posts
This reminds of a funny (not to the dog!) story....one day at the Vet hospital I worked at, a woman came in to have us remove a tick from her male dog's belly. She said she had tried and tried to remove it with tweezer's but it wouldn't budge and it looked bigger and the area looked very sore. You guessed it! She was trying to remove a nipple!!! Ouchhhhhh! She felt so bad, so did the dog, he was just glad to have it treated and to get the hell out of there!!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I guess I will check Rudi out when I get home tonight. He's getting a bath anyway......I'm excited.....he's gone 6 weeks since his last bath! The change to no grains is a miracle! He could go longer I suppose.....but, we have a date with the CGC tester in the morning!

BTW-with all of the nipples being offset.......I would think that would be normal. As a bitch lays on her side to nurse it would make it easier to make more room for the pups to nurse. IMHO

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I guess I will check Rudi out when I get home tonight. He's getting a bath anyway......I'm excited.....he's gone 6 weeks since his last bath! The change to no grains is a miracle! He could go longer I suppose.....but, we have a date with the CGC tester in the morning!

BTW-with all of the nipples being offset.......I would think that would be normal. As a bitch lays on her side to nurse it would make it easier to make more room for the pups to nurse. IMHO
Hmm, That makes sence to me. Good Luck with you CGC test!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
When I was a kid....my friends mom used to groom poodles. One day.....yep you guessed it!........Thankfully she was doing her own poodle. Yikes!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
This reminds of a funny (not to the dog!) story....one day at the Vet hospital I worked at, a woman came in to have us remove a tick from her male dog's belly. She said she had tried and tried to remove it with tweezer's but it wouldn't budge and it looked bigger and the area looked very sore. You guessed it! She was trying to remove a nipple!!! Ouchhhhhh! She felt so bad, so did the dog, he was just glad to have it treated and to get the hell out of there!!
Good grief!! I'm surprised he didn't trade his owner in for that one! Wouldn't have blamed him :11doh:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts