Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone elses Doberman make funny noises while they sleep? Honestly Diesel makes more noises in his sleep then any other dog I've ever met. He snores and just made some weird noise from his nose. I just stare at him like what are you doing? Not to mention then the legs get moving like he's doing a full sprint for something haha gotta love the things our dogs do.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Callie is NOISY when she's sleeping too! :) little woofs and snorts and wimpers, on top of the perma-twitching. LOL I think they're just active dreamers!

Reactions: kwhite30

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Torque groans a lot when he is first falling asleep.

His farts are mostly silent. There is usually a "pfffff". And he always lays on the couch next to me with his butt closest to me... I usually put a pillow over his butt.
Haha I just leave and it's almost like he's proud of himself then he goes back to sleeping and making pig noises.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Nubis snores big time like his dad.
I think they sleepwalk too, I seen my first dobe sleeping solid on the floor, get up and walk right over by the front door and sit like he did, when we would go for a walk. I was kinda mystified and said, what are you doing and he went back to same carpet spot,and fell asleep again. I always joked about it, cuz I use to walk in my sleep when I was a kid and then a dog doing it. LOL

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sonya sounds like an eighty year old man. She grunts and groans all the time. When she sleeps she dreams like crazy. Always twitching or running. Sometimes she'll sleep with her eyes half open. Pretty creepy!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nubis snores big time like his dad.
I think they sleepwalk too, I seen my first dobe sleeping solid on the floor, get up and walk right over by the front door and sit like he did, when we would go for a walk. I was kinda mystified and said, what are you doing and he went back to same carpet spot,and fell asleep again. I always joked about it, cuz I use to walk in my sleep when I was a kid and then a dog doing it. LOL
That's awesome haha I think I would freak out if diesel started doing that haha

·
Registered
21 Posts
Between the boyfriend on one side snoring all night and Jayda Bear snoring and grunting. . . not to mention everytime i move she huffs at me as to if I am ruining her beauty sleep, on the other side of me. i am lucky to get any sleep :roflmao:

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Between the boyfriend on one side snoring all night and Jayda Bear snoring and grunting. . . not to mention everytime i move she huffs at me as to if I am ruining her beauty sleep, on the other side of me. i am lucky to get any sleep :roflmao:
I completely forgot about the huffs while we're in bed! He does the same thing like I just disturbed the best sleep he's ever had haha

I'm sorry you have two snorers :)

Btw LOVE her name.

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,621 Posts
Last night Coco was snoring up a storm. She was also grunting, sighing and snuffling. She is sleeping with me while hubby is away. In the king size bed I was hanging off my side because she had to stretch out and take up the whole bed! I do love sleeping with her though! :butfly:

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Haha I just leave and it's almost like he's proud of himself then he goes back to sleeping and making pig noises.
Pig noises...lol...I lived on a farm 50 years ago & remembered this cute baby grunt well.

Amy sleeps like a good stiff and without making sleep noise...although she will whine a little, until I belly rub her to sleep...for 5 min.
When she has a little dream, I rub her belly until she stop twitching her feet / maybe I think I'm helping to keep her stress level down.
- her legs face Mom
- her hairy back, rests on my covered legs and sometimes she makes a pillow out of my ankles or knees / I can't sleep without her
- she always sleep, with her head facing towards the end or foot of the bed
All in all...she is a lot easier to sleep with than my first dog...she doesn't squerm to occupy more space (not a bed hog), which is nice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Burt howls, yips, barks, and kinds runs on his side. It's really funny. I always imagine he is dreaming about saving the world from Martian Doberman's attacking or something.

and yes he S.B.D.'s if he's getting the right treats.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Ha! Just last night I was sitting on the couch and Bonnie had her head on my lap, she started making her weird high-pitched but quiet "woofwoofwoofwoof... woofwoofwoofwoof..." Then she started growling pretty hardcore, LOL

1 - 20 of 29 Posts